• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
item link

Use coupon code VMESAVESU20 and check out using v.me to get $20 off for a final price of $107. Standard shipping is free, sales tax in NJ only.

Member Summary

Western Digital My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You only need the code shown, no need to checkout with v.me, I went through checkout without confirming and that was the case. Still $107 w/o v.me.

I missed out on the Ratuken deal earlier this week getting the 1TB for $59, and was pretty bummed. I'm thinking to pick-up this one. The price per GB is slightly less, but of course the price is $48 more.

Will it hurt to have to plugged in to a powered usb hub?

Squonk said:   You only need the code shown, no need to checkout with v.me, I went through checkout without confirming and that was the case. Still $107 w/o v.me.
Wait until its shipped and see what price is charged.

keep in mind, as has been said before, these drives have a proprietary connection inside, that means you cannot take the drive out and use this with a regular sata connection.

blueis300 said:   Will it hurt to have to plugged in to a powered usb hub?

No. I tried this as well as a few other drives and devices with my Nexus 7 tablet, just to see if they worked. I used an OTG cable and an app called Nexus Media Importer, on a stock ROM (no root). I connected the drive using an old mini Targus hub with an external power adapter and it worked fine. I did not try streaming, just copying files to open them on the tablet.

The tablet was not able to provide enough power to run the drive directly, but with the externally powered hub, it worked smoothly.

The drive works fine with an externally-powered hub on our regular laptops.

Re the V.me discount, I used the V.me checkout, but I don't care for their notice that they will keep my credit number on file, so I generated a one-time use credit card number (Shopsafe program, Bank of America). I hope it goes through smoothly.

ETA Just to note, I really like this drive. I'm old enough to still marvel at being able to hold 2TB of storage in the palm of my hand. The drive is about the size of two decks of playing cards side-by-side.

dajabon said:   I missed out on the Ratuken deal earlier this week getting the 1TB for $59, and was pretty bummed. I'm thinking to pick-up this one. The price per GB is slightly less, but of course the price is $48 more.

I jumped on this one and did the V.me checkout just to follow the rules. Of course, I used my AMEX card in order to extend warranty by 1 year (I love this about about AMEX). I got my 1% FatCash too.

D'oh! I just ordered one from Staples last week. Price matched it to Amazon at $129.99. Thought that was a good price. Oh well, used rewards to pay for it, not cash. But I have to say, this is a really good price.

Great case that is worth considering buying for it: http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-WDBGRD0000NBK-NASN-Nomad-R...

Thanks OP. V.me was an awful experience, if it was any less that $20 I would have given up on it. Ultimately it worked, after about 5 tries in different browsers/computers.

The coupon code (VMESAVESU20) is not working. Please tell me if you know any working code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.