• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Alfa Super Wi-Fi Extender USB WiFi Network Adapter @ eBay - $15.99
compare at $32.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Alfa Super Wi-Fi Extender USB WiFi Network Adapter
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

quite a few so-so reviews to. read those. lotta hype stuff in the specs list. i dont see how it will improve RECEIVING range much unless your current setup is really crappy. broadcast is where it shines it seems. with thw addition of a better antenna,(more bucks) it prolly does good at outside reception. of course some people will get lucky the way it is cause of atmospheric/reflective conditions. i mean i can SEE lots of networks with mine plain ol usb stick but CANNOT connect to them.

Newegg has a dual band (2.4 & 5Ghz) a/b/g/n USB adapter for $19.99 with code EMCXTWS52. Personally I would say the additional 5Ghz support along with N is well worth $4 extra dollars. Not trying to thread crap but wanted to make people who are willing to spend another $4 aware.

Link

lexx said:   .. i dont see how it will improve RECEIVING range
I believe most of them, including this one, IS only a receiver, placed at the (problem) receiving computer

I can tell you first hand that these devices work very well. I also agree that $5 extra for tech support is well worth it.

It doesn't state that it works with Windows 8?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014