Voting History
rated:
Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite No-Contract Phone @ Radio Shack - $49.99
Compare at $70.99
Shipping adds $6.99
Expires On: Apr 30, 2013 11:59pm

Free Shipping on $50+ 
Free Shipping with ShopRunner

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite No-Contract Phone
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This phone is not officially allowed on the $25 grandfather plans but I have heard of people being able to add it to the plan so YMMV

I am have this phone under $25 plans for 5 months now.

$39.99 in-store with coupon from this thread.

I would like to "upgrade" to a newer phone, but I rooted my old optimus V and it is a GREAT phone.

If I could find (and I didn't) a decent ICS rom for this phone, I would switch.

For now, my little old optimus V is all I need. $25 a month and 87 apps on this phone (optimus V).

guilty1 said:   I would like to "upgrade" to a newer phone, but I rooted my old optimus V and it is a GREAT phone.

For now, my little old optimus V is all I need. $25 a month and 87 apps on this phone (optimus V).

Did you by chance find a guide online with instructions to root the Optimus V? I have one I'm not using anymore and I'd love to play around with it.

tdavis5432 said:   guilty1 said:   I would like to "upgrade" to a newer phone, but I rooted my old optimus V and it is a GREAT phone.

Did you by chance find a guide online with instructions to root the Optimus V? I have one I'm not using anymore and I'd love to play around with it.

OpV should root with the gingerbreak apk.

edit: oh, you may have meant installing a ROM and not just rooting

tdavis5432 said:   guilty1 said:   I would like to "upgrade" to a newer phone, but I rooted my old optimus V and it is a GREAT phone.

good instructions about rooting...says gingerbread but works with ICS

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/10...

various roms (but use quattrimus) I tried them all.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/18...

quattrimus link (I used the beta 2 version)

http://getquattrimus.com/

Don't forget the "gapps" (google apps)

Install all to the root of the sd card

After formatting and partitioning SD card, I put/have these 4 files on the card:

VM670NH_recovery.img
FlashImageGUI.apk
quattrimus-VM670-cm9-beta2.zip
gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Makes things easier when they are in the same place.

There is but one issue: Voice search...but there is a workaround that works wonderful...basically uninstall/delete the voice (3.01). I used titanium backup (free download from google play) to delete. install this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android...

Also, most important...learned from my many attempts at the others....when you partition your SD card, partition one "primary and fat32" and the second partition needs to be primary and EXT. Mine is EXT2 partitioned with easeus partition master. The EXT is where quattrimus puts all your apps. Make the EXT around 1 GB

Sounds like alot...it isn't. Just take your time and enjoy...worth your 20 minutes when your phone doesn't hiccup when you put more than 6 apps on.

No longer available online? link doesn't work for me and searched but could not find it online.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014