SimCity $40 Target (3/24)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Found an ad for SimCity (and other things as well, such as the good price on the 3DS). Considering the game just came out, $40 is a great price. Please leave out pure hate about the game. In the end, it's still a good game for some people. I will be picking it up and probably trying to PM at WalMart.

Here is the ad:

http://i.imgur.com/pl01muF.jpg

Here's the link to the thread discussion on the 3DS http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1261991/

Update: Amazon matched this price: http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Limited-Edition-Pc/dp/B007FTE2VW

Member Summary

sim city (198.97kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
the Amazon deal is hot! I got the game plus 4 bottles of Dove dandruff shampoo for 34.87.
Plus you get one day delivery ... (more)

mydogsassy (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 11:18a) |

That is a great deal. I've been sitting here for a while getting frustrated at my copy of SimCity. A shower with Dove s... (more)

advocatus (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 1:35p) |

Awesome heads up on the Dove coupon, I pulled the trigger!

dedicke (Mar. 24, 2013 @ 1:49p) |

• Also categorized in:

If you want SimCity, try to get and register it by the 25th, to get in on their free game apology.

EA free game for SimCity owners FAQ

Which games are available?
•Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
•Bejeweled 3
•Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
•Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
•MOHW (Standard Edition)
•NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
•Plants vs. Zombies
•SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

garbage games.

I pass no judgment on the games themselves, just saying if you're already going to get SimCity you might as well also get a free bonus game while you're at it.

You can buy it online from places like India from $28 I've read online. Haven't done it myself.

Why downvoting so much? This is a great deal for a newly released game. Don't just downvote because of bias against EA... if someone is seriously looking to buy the game, this would help them save.

JShark said:   Why downvoting so much? This is a great deal for a newly released game. Don't just downvote because of bias against EA... if someone is seriously looking to buy the game, this would help them save.

Probably more to do with the DRM fiasco than hating EA themselves.

Many people would like consumers to vote with their wallets and not buy this game at any price. This game is just the latest in a long string of products with arbitrary always on internet connection requirements. This offers no value for the customer and caused a massive blackout that deprived the first day purchasers of the ability to play the game for which they paid full price. The CEO of Electronic Arts has already been fired for this failure. But I just saw a reported sales number over one million already, so it may be a lost cause already. But any prospective buyer should check out the user reviews.

I think we should buy it just to return it..

It isn't just drm. From people who have played it, the AI is plain crap. You have 95% unemployment, because the AI is crap and the small city zones make it hard to build jobs, and when you have fires, every fire truck goes to the first fire. The game is a pretty pile of crap.

free is good price.

JShark said:   Why downvoting so much? This is a great deal for a newly released game. Don't just downvote because of bias against EA... if someone is seriously looking to buy the game, this would help them save. First, welcome to fatwallet (I see you're a new member) and thanks for posting what you think is a good deal. Second, don't worry too much about the "down voting" and certainly don't take it personally - people vote down for a number of reason (don't think it's a hot deal, don't like the merchant, don't like the product, and in some cases for no good reason whatsoever). It's not a perfect system but it's intended to help people assess the deal on a number of factors. No matter how low the price may be, you might not recommend it to others if it's a bad seller or a bad product.

Personally, I'm not giving this post a red, but I'm sure most of the red vote is from people who are upset about the: 1) launch week server issues, 2) alway-online requirement, or 3) negative reviews about map size and poor traffic algorithm (http://bgr.com/2013/03/13/simcity-pr-nightmare-analysis-372284/).

Finally, product quality aside, this game was available for $40 via Amazon pre-order too, so while it's not a bad deal, it's also not blazing hot either.

The above criticisms aren't directed at you, but merely information that I think will help others make informed decisions. Hope that helps and please don't let this discourage you from actively participating in what I think is an awesome community!

$40 is only the initial investment. This game is setup like a Freemium...maybe a good example: like The Sims. EA's plans are for you to pay for additional content inside the game. Want new buildings or subways? Cough up more money for it. EA won't be giving them away. Remember they control the game via online/DRM.

I'm sure for some this isn't a problem. But when I found this out - above all other issues - I said no way!

Terminatrix said:   It isn't just drm. From people who have played it, the AI is plain crap. You have 95% unemployment, because the AI is crap and the small city zones make it hard to build jobs, and when you have fires, every fire truck goes to the first fire. The game is a pretty pile of crap.

Maybe they're simulating Detroit.

I can't wait till the modding community attacks this game. We'll have massive cities with more stuff and a much better functioning AI. Just you wait and see.

factory said:   $40 is only the initial investment. This game is setup like a Freemium...maybe a good example: like The Sims. EA's plans are for you to pay for additional content inside the game. Want new buildings or subways? Cough up more money for it. EA won't be giving them away. Remember they control the game via online/DRM.

I'm sure for some this isn't a problem. But when I found this out - above all other issues - I said no way!

Please provide proof of this. EA has clarified that their move to include in-app purchases in all games was strictly for all mobile games. The Sims...at least on the computer, is not Freemium by any means. Just because a company offers add-on packs, does not make it a Freemium game.

JShark said:   Found an ad for SimCity (and other things as well, such as the good price on the 3DS). Considering the game just came out, $40 is a great price. Please leave out pure hate about the game. In the end, it's still a good game for some people. I will be picking it up and probably trying to PM at WalMart.

Here is the ad:

Here's the link to the thread discussion on the 3DS http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1261991/

This offer for Simcity is not true, atleast for this week, I just checked in their online site (Target Weekly Ad page) and in store they don't have any promo like this.

jinishans said:   JShark said:   Found an ad for SimCity (and other things as well, such as the good price on the 3DS). Considering the game just came out, $40 is a great price. Please leave out pure hate about the game. In the end, it's still a good game for some people. I will be picking it up and probably trying to PM at WalMart.

Here is the ad:

This offer for Simcity is not true, atleast for this week, I just checked in their online site (Target Weekly Ad page) and in store they don't have any promo like this.

I just passed by a Target to check this out. They did not have this offer available, maybe its next weeks add?

Yeah, it appears this starts the week of 3/24, which I have in title of post.

I think this game will be an utter waste of money, but my boys are hounding me to buy it for them.

Thanks, JShark, for finding it for $40- I'll pick it up on Sunday & hopefully be able to get in on the free game deal.

I'm having a blast playing it. I was frustrated during release week because their online-only servers were down, but they fixed the problems.

called target they claimed simcity wasn't going on sale this weekend...idk
JShark said:   Found an ad for SimCity (and other things as well, such as the good price on the 3DS). Considering the game just came out, $40 is a great price. Please leave out pure hate about the game. In the end, it's still a good game for some people. I will be picking it up and probably trying to PM at WalMart.

Here is the ad:

I purchased it pre-release. The deluxe version.. 86.00 including tax.. Biggest waste in my life.. First week issues are compounded by the fact that if your server goes down, you can't access your city...

Not to mention the fact that the ai is so broken it is not even funny.. Glass box was advertised as so much more than was delivered.. The fixes for traffic still don't work, sims can just walk in circles for hours.. You build something like international airport, and go to another city to send goods to build it, and it is so delayed, the only way I could get it to sync was to log in and log out... The extra money for deluxe version is total crap for what you get... Stay away from this game..

I would consider buying it off it was $5.00

It's officially posted in their weekly ad: http://weeklyad.target.com

It looks like the price drop is going on multiple places. BestBuy and Amazon seem to have matched this price now.

Excellent deal.. In addition, Amazon is running $20 off an EA game for $15 in Dove's men products.

What I did was order Dove Men's Aquatic Impact Soap for $10.69 + Dove Men's Shampoo for $4.99

Once you go into your cart, you can also clip a $1 coupon for each of the Dove products so my total ended up being $55.67 - $20 Promo - $2 Coupons = $33.67 + $2.64 tax = $36.31!

the Amazon deal is hot! I got the game plus 4 bottles of Dove dandruff shampoo for 34.87.
Plus you get one day delivery on the game if you order with a Discover card.

That is a great deal. I've been sitting here for a while getting frustrated at my copy of SimCity. A shower with Dove soap is just what I need
My recycling truck drivers took an arrow to the knee

Now that the servers work, it's apparent there are a lot of bugs to fix.

Awesome heads up on the Dove coupon, I pulled the trigger!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014