• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make, Healthy Meals for Everyone
Disclaimer
1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make, Healthy Meals for Everyone [Kindle Edition] - was $20.95

Sue Spitler (Author, Editor), R.D. Linda R. Yoakam (Contributor)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CYERNG

Publication Date: March 1, 2009

27 Reviews ★★★★.5

This new edition of 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes is completely revised to reflect current food trends and cooking preferences.

The introduction will adhere to American Heart Association guidelines and will include the new FDA nutritional guidelines, with comments on the importance of exercise as part of a total healthy lifestyle.

In general, recipes will be easier and faster to prepare with fewer ingredients and more concise cooking methods. Recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less will be identified throughout the book with an “express veg” icon. The “super foods” that boast high nutritional, antioxidant, and phytochemical qualities will be emphasized in recipes—blueberries, kiwi, pomegranate juice, melons, citrus fruit, edamame, leafy dark greens, broccoli, butternut squash, carrots, beets, tomatoes, bell peppers, beans and legumes, nuts, flax and hemp seeds, whole grains, and soy and dairy products.

As in the previous edition, recipes will include every recipe category from appetizers through desserts, with more than 500 entrees, offering a rich choice of satisfying vegetarian meals. Each recipe will be labeled with an identifying icon for vegan, lacto-vegetarian, ovo-vegetarian, and lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Nutritional data and diabetic exchanges are included for each recipe.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

book
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

here's the link

link

archena said:   1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make, Healthy Meals for Everyone [Kindle Edition] - was $20.95

Sue Spitler (Author, Editor), R.D. Linda R. Yoakam (Contributor)

Publication Date: March 1, 2009

27 Reviews ★★★★.5

This new edition of 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes is completely revised to reflect current food trends and cooking preferences.

The introduction will adhere to American Heart Association guidelines and will include the new FDA nutritional guidelines, with comments on the importance of exercise as part of a total healthy lifestyle.

In general, recipes will be easier and faster to prepare with fewer ingredients and more concise cooking methods. Recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less will be identified throughout the book with an “express veg” icon. The “super foods” that boast high nutritional, antioxidant, and phytochemical qualities will be emphasized in recipes—blueberries, kiwi, pomegranate juice, melons, citrus fruit, edamame, leafy dark greens, broccoli, butternut squash, carrots, beets, tomatoes, bell peppers, beans and legumes, nuts, flax and hemp seeds, whole grains, and soy and dairy products.

As in the previous edition, recipes will include every recipe category from appetizers through desserts, with more than 500 entrees, offering a rich choice of satisfying vegetarian meals. Each recipe will be labeled with an identifying icon for vegan, lacto-vegetarian, ovo-vegetarian, and lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Nutritional data and diabetic exchanges are included for each recipe.

Thanks Archena.

Here's the Link

Here's the link:

book

Link updated now thanks all

now $10 but not worth .10c, my .02

The Cons:
1)This book is for people with little to no cooking experience. The recipes are mostly very basic, or versions of things you're already making. If you already know how to cook, you will find yourself making alterations to these recipes.
2)I was disappointed that many of the recipes are things that most people already know how to cook, and utilize store-bought sauces & frozen. Examples would be roasted veggies (too simple!) and spaghetti & meatballs that use frozen meatless balls. I know how to warm up pre-cooked foods. I was hoping for more actual recipes. I realize that this may be considered a "Pro" by some people who prefer to assemble, as opposed to cook, or are trying to save time. Another example would be gorp. Trail mix is not a recipe to me. I can shake up almonds & raisins on my own.
3) There are many errors in the recipes. Some instructions that reference ingredients not listed, some ingredients that do not have quantities/amounts listed. When I notice this in a recipe, I do not attempt to make it. I'm wondering how many people had recipes turn out funky, becuase they may not have noticed the small details missing, or didn't have enough cooking experience to notice that something was amiss.
4) The index is absolutely horrible. Incorrect page numbers listed for some recipes, & poorly organized. If you're looking for a recipe you know is in the book by using the index, good luck. Recipes are not listed by the category that common sense dictates they should be listed under...for example by ingredient, or recipe name. I've never seen an index like it. I know this sounds harsh, but I seriously wondered if anyone edited this book before it was published.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014