10% off Amazon gift cards @Toys r Us

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Toys r us has $50 Amazon Kindle GC for $45. Kindle GC works for anything on Amazon and works out to 10% off.

Went to 2 stores, 1 had sold out or did not have on display. Other store had plenty still on the rack

Valid March 17-23

Member Summary

Amazon Gift Cards
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
confirmed bought 10 from TRU / Baby R Us store

choctawfootball (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 4:00p) |

Got Best Buy to pm for 4 cards with the physical flyer from toysrus

arribasn (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 7:58p) |

Same for me. Bought 2 at Best Buy - price matched no issue at all! It really is a new Best Buy

dougef (Mar. 21, 2013 @ 11:25a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've been to several Toys r us that refuse to restock the kindle cards for some reason. Is there a way to check online if they have them in stock?

Title needs to say KINDLE in it.

Electronifan said:   Title needs to say KINDLE in it.

No it doesn't. Amazon kindle gift cards can be used for anything in the Amazon store. Not just kindle store.

:facepalm:

sflv said:   I've been to several Toys r us that refuse to restock the kindle cards for some reason. Is there a way to check online if they have them in stock?

I'm surprised that someone at Toys r Us thinks it is a good idea to sell their competitor's gift cards - and with a discount! Do gift card sellers even get 10% margin on them? if not, then TRU are paying you to shop somewhere else

Is there sales tax on gift cards?

jjohns71 said:   Is there sales tax on gift cards?

No

hard to find item.

Just trying to get you in the door!

I am amazed people can take the time to post, but just don't have time to bother reading the original post.

Good deal, but good luck finding it! When they had a similar promo a few months ago, I went to a few stores and was told by all that they don't carry Kindle giftcards and they haven't for quite a while.

I have no luck finding it either

Thanks, hope my store had them!

GraySiCK said:   Just trying to get you in the door!

As are all B&M ...

Would Best Buy price match this? Or is it a YMMV type of thing?

can you buy an Amazon gift card on Amazon with an Amazon gift card?

I want to combine 2 50's and make 100

harperr said:   Would Best Buy price match this? Or is it a YMMV type of thing?
its on page 15 of the Toys'r'us ad, so having a copy of that I'm not sure why they wouldn't PM

that I'm not sure why they wouldn't PM

They usually do not match GC sale.

goatssbyday said:   can you buy an Amazon gift card on Amazon with an Amazon gift card?

I want to combine 2 50's and make 100

No, not possible.

Does it charge a transaction fee for the purchase? Thanks in advance!

jjjjjjjj said:   Does it charge a transaction fee for the purchase? Thanks in advance!
Never heard of a fee on a store GC. Only on prepaid Viza/MC/Am-Ex (general use psuedo-credit cards).

arribasn said:   harperr said:   Would Best Buy price match this? Or is it a YMMV type of thing?
its on page 15 of the Toys'r'us ad, so having a copy of that I'm not sure why they wouldn't PM

Sometimes they check the stock of the item and if it's OOS, then you're OOL.

Sure you can. Deposit both GCs in your Amazon account, and then use the funds to buy a new GC. You can have it emailed or you can get a physical card in the mail.

ksfhhllp said:   Sure you can. Deposit both GCs in your Amazon account, and then use the funds to buy a new GC. You can have it emailed or you can get a physical card in the mail.

Have you actually done this? Last I checked (which was a while ago) I couldn't buy GC using existing GC credit.

Never mind..

No luck at my toysrus, either OOS or never stocked but no employee knows..

ksfhhllp said:   Sure you can. Deposit both GCs in your Amazon account, and then use the funds to buy a new GC. You can have it emailed or you can get a physical card in the mail.No, you can not. If you don't know the answer, please don't make things up and spread incorrect information.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/ref=topnav_giftcert
Under limitations, it says: "Amazon.com Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards."

I've also tried (and failed) before.

Checked a couple stores near me and neither had them. One store looked them up based on the SKU in the ad and said no stores in IL (I'm in Chicago area) even listed them. They showed one store in OH that listed them but they were OOS. Starting to think that maybe this is, as another poster put it, their way to get you in the door.

ksfhhllp said:   Sure you can. Deposit both GCs in your Amazon account, and then use the funds to buy a new GC. You can have it emailed or you can get a physical card in the mail.

I've tried this (I wanted to give a GC as a gift using part of a big GC balance on my account). Amazon wanted me to pay by CC for the GC I was buying (even though I had a huge GC balance already).

Would it be stealing to take kindle cards from another store without buying and have them activated at TRU?

Moniqua said:   Would it be stealing to take kindle cards from another store without buying and have them activated at TRU?

Are you asking morally or legally? Legally, you try that and the store catches you they WILL assume you just didn't realize it had no value until activated and treat you the same as they would any shoplifter.

Can you buy Amazon.com GC with TRU GC?

Confirmed to still be live. An hour ago I found and bought 10 in a TRU in Solano County (Northern California). They were buried under a bunch of xbox live and facebook gift cards near the electronics section.

Other than it triggering a fraud alert on my AMEX, there were no problems. $500 in Amazon credit for $450. 5 minutes effort.

confirmed bought 10 from TRU / Baby R Us store

Got Best Buy to pm for 4 cards with the physical flyer from toysrus

arribasn said:   Got Best Buy to pm for 4 cards with the physical flyer from toysrusSame for me. Bought 2 at Best Buy - price matched no issue at all! It really is a new Best Buy

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014