• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

LC-60LE600U
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For a $100-$200 more you get a better internet enabled TV which is worth the slightly extra cost IMHO or get a 60inch Samsung with a Wifi BD player from Costco for almost the same price plus a five year peace of mind warranty. I do not see any value in this deal.

you sure costco warranties this for 5yr free? i thought i heard they reduced their warranties?

lostvampire said:   For a $100-$200 more you get a better internet enabled TV which is worth the slightly extra cost IMHO or get a 60inch Samsung with a Wifi BD player from Costco for almost the same price plus a five year peace of mind warranty. I do not see any value in this deal.

Is an internet enabled TV necessary if you have an Xbox 360 and PS3, which basically do everything (and have for years) 'internet enabled' tv's do now?

megachacker said:   lostvampire said:   For a $100-$200 more you get a better internet enabled TV which is worth the slightly extra cost IMHO or get a 60inch Samsung with a Wifi BD player from Costco for almost the same price plus a five year peace of mind warranty. I do not see any value in this deal.

Is an internet enabled TV necessary if you have an Xbox 360 and PS3, which basically do everything (and have for years) 'internet enabled' tv's do now?

A Netflix app and a few others that probably aren't going to get support in the future with updates for a couple hundred more? No thanks, I'll put that $200 towards a htpc or something.

link for the Samdung tv please..

Maphatlal said:   link for the Samdung tv please..

You'll be waiting a looong time.

Better off buying from Dell

Same price, and combine with the GiftCard offer $400 get $75 Free to get a great deal on this set (FREE SHIPPING)

DELL TV

Yes. Link to the Samsung 60" tv for the same price. Will buy one in a heartbeat

How about a $85 Apple TV for internet connectivity? I see no value in a Smart TV.

It's very tough to find a high-quality TV that isn't a smart TV. There aren't many good panels that don't come packaged with smart features.

I recently purchased two larger TV sets, one for the living room, a 60" Panasonic, and a 50" Panasonic for a bedroom. I was happy to find a nice 60" at a good price that didn't have smart features, not that I have a problem with it having them, I just don't care for the idea of paying extra for it with an Xbox360, a PS3, a Wii, an internet enabled AV receiver and an Alienware X51 connected to that set.

For the Bedroom the smart features are nice, as we don't plan to have much connected to it, a cable box and maybe a Blu-Ray (my experience with web enabled Blu-Ray players has been disappointing).

For the most part the Smart features are great, but for many people, it is an extra expense that they don't need. In the very near future this point is going to be moot, as I can't imagine any of the manufacturers continuing to make better panels without these "must have" features. The American consumer is far more impressed with gadgetry and silly features than quality, and that is the environment they are selling TV sets in.

Just throwing out an alternative deal on a 60" Sharp for $698 shipped:
Dell link.

Wow $700 for a 60" LCD ... $900 for a 60" LED $1000 for a 60" samsung plasma ... prices are really down for these large sets ...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014