staples: $0.01AC/Rewards 5-ream paper case

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
emp1 said:   ImagineNoHell said:   I teach in a high school in Manhattan and our school provides only 2 reams per month. I use at least that much in a week. (Most students don't know how to take notes, take too long to copy, can't reproduce diagrams with fidelity, etc. And these are near top students in the city.) Long story short, I don't have too much paper, yet. Two cases at home, and almost one case in school as of now.You're lucky you get anything, my wife teaches in the Bronx and they give her nothing (I think they might have given her 1 ream of legal paper last year). Luckily its special ed so her class is small, else we'd be going through paper like nuts. I guess 2 reams per month is the difference between Manhattan and the Bronx, lol.

My fiancee is a special ed teacher in CA, but her class is now 19! (just had another added yesterday). I do give her paper, though the school does seem to have enough of that. But she also needs a printer in Her Room that they didn't supply, and I'm supplying her with the HP ink for it. Also, the school's shredder broke and they can't replace it, so I got her and the other special ed teacher there each a small shredder when they were FAR/coupon a few months back. She's in a pretty small district, so I have no idea what it's like in LA which is probably more comparable to the NY schools. My mom just retired from teaching in Queens, though, and I'm pretty sure she needed lots of her own paper as well.

Thx all, I didnt realize on the back side the rewards prorate differently. I had read a couple of comments about how the coupon hit the receipt and I thought I was being helpful explaining how items hit the receipt.

mathfaster said:   tomprc said:   So for this one, i can pay with rewards I believe.No, fixed rewards are not rolling on this item. That was established when these first came out the first week of February. Not like the 10 ream case where rewards did roll last summer.

Does this mean if you pay with rewards you don't get rewards back?

metsfan said:   emp1 said:   ImagineNoHell said:   I teach in a high school in Manhattan and our school provides only 2 reams per month. I use at least that much in a week. (Most students don't know how to take notes, take too long to copy, can't reproduce diagrams with fidelity, etc. And these are near top students in the city.) Long story short, I don't have too much paper, yet. Two cases at home, and almost one case in school as of now.You're lucky you get anything, my wife teaches in the Bronx and they give her nothing (I think they might have given her 1 ream of legal paper last year). Luckily its special ed so her class is small, else we'd be going through paper like nuts. I guess 2 reams per month is the difference between Manhattan and the Bronx, lol.

My fiancee is a special ed teacher in CA, but her class is now 19! (just had another added yesterday). I do give her paper, though the school does seem to have enough of that. But she also needs a printer in Her Room that they didn't supply, and I'm supplying her with the HP ink for it. Also, the school's shredder broke and they can't replace it, so I got her and the other special ed teacher there each a small shredder when they were FAR/coupon a few months back. She's in a pretty small district, so I have no idea what it's like in LA which is probably more comparable to the NY schools. My mom just retired from teaching in Queens, though, and I'm pretty sure she needed lots of her own paper as well.
Well my wife's class is 11 with max of 12 so not as bad... I did forget to mention that there are NO copy machines in school though, they broke the beginning of last year and they never fixed them. She uses our Canon AIO printer for everything, a little tedious but it works well. I'm kinda disappointed about the Staples rewards change for recycling ink. I'll just save up lots of cartridges and when I have enough I'll buy $30+ of ink and recycle for a few months. I can't complain too much though because I usually buy the ink at $.60 - $1.20 per cart Her computer in her classroom also doesn't work let alone the printer, the tech guy keeps on saying he'll get around to fixing it but it never happens.

VivYip said:   ........ but it got prorated in the rewards)
In the past it had happened even when I bought the paper, batteries and ink carts in separate transactions. Every-time,I had to call to get the rewards adjusted.
Now I don't buy anything else (where a coupon is involved) when buying ink carts the same month just to avoid the headache.
Way to go Stoples..........That was easy!

emp1 said:   metsfan said:   emp1 said:   ImagineNoHell said:   I teach in a high school in Manhattan and our school provides only 2 reams per month. I use at least that much in a week. (Most students don't know how to take notes, take too long to copy, can't reproduce diagrams with fidelity, etc. And these are near top students in the city.) Long story short, I don't have too much paper, yet. Two cases at home, and almost one case in school as of now.You're lucky you get anything, my wife teaches in the Bronx and they give her nothing (I think they might have given her 1 ream of legal paper last year). Luckily its special ed so her class is small, else we'd be going through paper like nuts. I guess 2 reams per month is the difference between Manhattan and the Bronx, lol.

Well my wife's class is 11 with max of 12 so not as bad... I did forget to mention that there are NO copy machines in school though, they broke the beginning of last year and they never fixed them. She uses our Canon AIO printer for everything, a little tedious but it works well. I'm kinda disappointed about the Staples rewards change for recycling ink. I'll just save up lots of cartridges and when I have enough I'll buy $30+ of ink and recycle for a few months. I can't complain too much though because I usually buy the ink at $.60 - $1.20 per cart Her computer in her classroom also doesn't work let alone the printer, the tech guy keeps on saying he'll get around to fixing it but it never happens.

Recycle your empty carts at Office Depot or OfficeMax, IIRC they don't require an ink purchase.

Thistle52 said:   I have donated paper but I was also able to sell 5 cases to a local business, they had been paying $40 plus a case for paper.

What sort of business apart from schools would be needing so much of paper? Is that a school that u sell to ?

mathfaster said:   Yep, I agree. Have not bought a single 5 ream since this started. 100% rewards items are fine IF you need the product or want to flip the product. Buying 100% rewards items add to my YTD spend for premier but then spending the rewards when issued does not. Double transactions required. Rather buy rebate products. Does anyone who is a Staples regular really need more paper? I have already donated 4 cases of paper this year purchased this year and have a case or more in storage.

Good morning!

Just wanted to get confirmation that I'm understanding this correctly... 100% after REWARDS (i.e. rewards, not rebate) also adds to your YTD purchasing total? A couple of years ago I bought a several packs of batteries during a few weeks of their "100% rewards on AA(A) batteries" promotions, but they did NOT contribute to my YTD purchase total (the "purchase total" line item on the rewards website basically said "$0.00" for the transaction because it was flagged as a "Special Event")...

Now, I wasn't yet Premier status at that time, I don't know if that was a contributing factor...

I guess my question is, (at least for current premier members) do 100% rewards purchases absolutely do indeed count towards the YTD purchase totals towards the $1000 annual goal?

jonnyq said:   Good morning!

Just wanted to get confirmation that I'm understanding this correctly... 100% after REWARDS (i.e. rewards, not rebate) also adds to your YTD purchasing total? A couple of years ago I bought a several packs of batteries during a few weeks of their "100% rewards on AA(A) batteries" promotions, but they did NOT contribute to my YTD purchase total (the "purchase total" line item on the rewards website basically said "$0.00" for the transaction because it was flagged as a "Special Event")...

Now, I wasn't yet Premier status at that time, I don't know if that was a contributing factor...

I guess my question is, (at least for current premier members) do 100% rewards purchases absolutely do indeed count towards the YTD purchase totals towards the $1000 annual goal?

yes
As long as you do not pay for them with Rewards. Any purchase for which you do not use Rewards as payment counts towards the $1000 spend including but not limited to cash, check, credit card, Staples gift card, Staples credit card and any other form of non-Rewards legal tender that I missed.
However, when you spend the Rewards you'll earn on a future purchase, that purchase will not count towards the $1000 because you're paying w/ Rewards.

MysteriousGirl said:   Thistle52 said:   I have donated paper but I was also able to sell 5 cases to a local business, they had been paying $40 plus a case for paper.

What sort of business apart from schools would be needing so much of paper? Is that a school that u sell to ?

Pretty much any business with a copier or printer...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014