• 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

PAPER DEAL
Disclaimer
Staples® 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper,
10-ream case.*

IMPORTANT: If you wish to buy 2 cases on one order I believe the cashier has to scan the coupon TWICE.

If they balk due to the wording of limit 1, you can try splitting orders with 2 coupons. This may require you to generate TWO seperate kiosk orders if you are trying to have the paper shipped. Of course YMMV on final outcome since we heard last go round some people getting hassled over the limit 1 wording, while others had no issues whatsoever.

VALID SUN-MON 3/24-25 ONLY (coupon won't scan much past Tuesday)

1. use coupon at link, will still scan at registers on Sun-Mon of next week (ymmv on cashier refusal) PRINT NOW!!!
http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BRSV5yB7SHGCB8xfKgCYRzCTrL/c...

2. Pay $24.99 get $25 Easy Rebate , limit 2 cases.

3. Valid to order at kiosk, have paper shipped anywhere you like, pay at register w/coupon, then submit rebate.

thnx dazviking/fw for ad scan.

Member Summary

paper
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

$25 off 10 Ream Case exp 3/23 (will scan til 3/25)
Thanks MISTERCHEAP
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ok thanks...their online and in-store policies have not always been consistent. That old memo states 7 days past expira... (more)

BenH (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 11:42a) |

Well to add to the confusion. 5 digit coupons are technically valid 2 days past expiration in the store. Online? Don't t... (more)

mathfaster (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 11:49a) |

Good to know.

How much luck have you had (if you've tried or know of those who have) with coupons that are "technically" ... (more)

BenH (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 12:54p) |

Direct link to coupon giving me an "internal server error". Try just going here: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/ and select the coupon (though it's a non-barcode version of the coupon and may cause the cashier to read it more carefully and notice the 'limit 1'.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was wondering if next week's ad was going to have that again. Thanks for the heads up!

Where exactly is that ad scan supposed to be from?

Also link to coupon doesn't appear to work. Why not post?

thanks.

BenH said:   Where exactly is that ad scan supposed to be from?

Also link to coupon doesn't appear to work. Why not post?

thanks.

it's from Davikings PDF for next week in his thread (refer to that post)

I'll upload the coupon to the thread to avoid any link issues.

thanks - appreciate if you can link dazviking thread too - the one I am finding seems to be older and doesn't have this info.

BenH said:   thanks - appreciate if you can link dazviking thread too - the one I am finding seems to be older and doesn't have this info.

next weeks ad here

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1262902/

$25 off case paper q now in Quick Summary to print.

IMPORTANT: If you wish to buy 2 cases on one order I believe the cashier has to scan the coupon TWICE.

If they balk due to the wording of limit 1, you can try splitting orders with 2 coupons. This may require you to generate TWO seperate kiosk orders if you are trying to have the paper shipped. Of course YMMV on final outcome since we heard last go round some people getting hassled over the limit 1 wording, while others had no issues whatsoever.

Ok thanks - the Ad says 2 cases for the rebate - but the coupon is limited to 1 case....so how does that work out?

edit: You beat me to it in updated post above...

BenH said:   Ok thanks - the Ad says 2 cases for the rebate - but the coupon is limited to 1 case....so how does that work out?

see my reply in the last post.

MISTERCHEAP said:   BenH said:   thanks - appreciate if you can link dazviking thread too - the one I am finding seems to be older and doesn't have this info.

next weeks ad here

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1262902/

$25 off case paper q now in Quick Summary to print.

Yeah. I'm going to just go on both Sunday and Monday and place a single order each day. Or hit two stores if I feel like driving the 15 minutes to the other store near me. I'm lucky that the closest store to me is only a 3 minute drive, so it's not a hassle at all to go every day if I wanted.

Can I ask:

1) What the advantage of doing a kiosk order is for shipping as opposed to just going in store and purchasing normally?
2) In order to avoid hassle with coupon wording, wouldn't 2 visits work out easiest? Or have wife just purchase one? I assume they don't track the coupon use to your rewards number in store

thx

Also - just in case someone wants...it appears the coupon is direct at this link too:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/

BenH said:   Can I ask:

1) What the advantage of doing a kiosk order is for shipping as opposed to just going in store and purchasing normally?
2) In order to avoid hassle with coupon wording, wouldn't 2 visits work out easiest? Or have wife just purchase one? I assume they don't track the coupon use to your rewards number in store

thx

naturally you can just buy it instore and 'lug it" home, the advantage to kiosk is:

1) someone LUGS it home for you (UPS)

2) if you're mega loaded up on paper from other deals (as many of us are)....drop ship it to a relative or many people of late have been making this a donation to a non-profit they support (church, synagogue, school, charity, etc) You just ship the paper directly to them (of course ask they need it and a name of a person to ship it attention of so it's not refused, sent back to Staples and your rebate voided)

3) re coupon wording, no 1 visit is ALWAYS easiest and cheapest (gas/time, etc) if you can pull it off. If you can't, you can't, but worst that can happen is, they say "NO" to the 2nd case and you come back the next day or bring a 2nd person with you shopping on day 1 to cover yourself.

Makes sense - I'm not adverse to lugging home a couple of boxes, though I might send one home to the parents
At this point I am getting in on deals just to increase my valid yearly spend to re-qualify for Premier.

Does every store have a Kiosk? Where is it usually located? I haven't seen it in mine. And how does it normally work? I go order it at the kiosk and it prints a slip for me to pay at register? My concern is that if I place the order and they don't honor the coupon...I want to be able to cancel/not place the order.

Also, I realize now that this coupon ends on Sat. and deal starts on Sunday. I found a thread that had a Staples store policy that was a few years old saying they honor coupons for a week. When I asked in the beginners thread if there were any updates - no one responded. So, what is the general consensus with using expired coupons? Do they almost always honor them within a couple of days?

BenH said:   Makes sense - I'm not adverse to lugging home a couple of boxes, though I might send one home to the parents
At this point I am getting in on deals just to increase my valid yearly spend to re-qualify for Premier.

Does every store have a Kiosk? Where is it usually located? I haven't seen it in mine. And how does it normally work? I go order it at the kiosk and it prints a slip for me to pay at register? My concern is that if I place the order and they don't honor the coupon...I want to be able to cancel/not place the order.

Also, I realize now that this coupon ends on Sat. and deal starts on Sunday. I found a thread that had a Staples store policy that was a few years old saying they honor coupons for a week. When I asked in the beginners thread if there were any updates - no one responded. So, what is the general consensus with using expired coupons? Do they almost always honor them within a couple of days?

yes. most stores honor the coupons as long as they scan automatically. if they have to "push" it thru after exp. date, they typically will not.

as for your other questions, I believe kiosk details are in the Staples begin. thread to avoid cluttering up this thread.

I'll be there Sunday, Sunday, Sunday... to give this a whirl. I found a whale on CL who is buying up all my paper.

BenH said:   Makes sense - I'm not adverse to lugging home a couple of boxes, though I might send one home to the parents

The two stores near me have them located in front of/next to the furniture areas. They look just like a computer sitting in the middle of the room, with a printer next to it. If you place the order with "pay at register" and they don't honor the coupon (and you don't pay for it), the order will just expire and get canceled.

Expired coupons scan at the register for 2 days after expiration. If the cashier doesn't look closely and just scans it, it will definitely work Sunday and Monday.

Ok I'll go back and see what I can find on Kiosks there...

can you qualify your statements about the coupons ringing up automatically? Are you inferring that they tend to ring up automatically within a couple days of expiration in most cases?

BenH said:   Ok I'll go back and see what I can find on Kiosks there...

can you qualify your statements about the coupons ringing up automatically? Are you inferring that they tend to ring up automatically within a couple days of expiration in most cases?

yes, they just scan and don't beep. auto applies when cashier holds the laser gun over them or types inthe coupon code.

Staples can refuse expired coupon so YMMV at best!

OP - where did you get the coupon that has the actual barcode on it? This same deal is available on the link I posted above, as well as in my coupon wallet on the rewards site - but with no barcode.

Obviously, having the barcode is better because the cashier can just swipe it without having to eyeball the whole coupon and see the date.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever clipped the coupon to remove the expiration date and just let the register decide?

prsf said:   Staples can refuse expired coupon so YMMV at best!

as noted, there was a policy published last year that stores should honor coupons a few days past expiration, so please stop the doom and gloom posts.

If this hasn't been mentioned yet, it is smart to buy something else other than 1 case of paper. 24.99-$25.00 will raise flags but if you throw in a cheap filler, I have found there is less issues.

BenH said:   OP - where did you get the coupon that has the actual barcode on it? This same deal is available on the link I posted above, as well as in my coupon wallet on the rewards site - but with no barcode.

Obviously, having the barcode is better because the cashier can just swipe it without having to eyeball the whole coupon and see the date.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever clipped the coupon to remove the expiration date and just let the register decide?

direct email from Staples.

I don't recommend altering coupons in any way.

deaconx31 said:   If this hasn't been mentioned yet, it is smart to buy something else other than 1 case of paper. 24.99-$25.00 will raise flags but if you throw in a cheap filler, I have found there is less issues.

no, cause it's a rebate. you are still paying $25 for it, then getting $25 back.

MISTERCHEAP said:   deaconx31 said:   If this hasn't been mentioned yet, it is smart to buy something else other than 1 case of paper. 24.99-$25.00 will raise flags but if you throw in a cheap filler, I have found there is less issues.

no, cause it's a rebate. you are still paying $25 for it, then getting $25 back.

Oops, read it wrong. Thanks.

Can I pay this one with reward? Will rebate form print out when I pay?

may2k said:   Can I pay this one with reward? Will rebate form print out when I pay?

yes, yes.

note:

rebate form MAY NOT print out w/Kiosk Order. you will still be eligible for the rebate. you'll need offer # and your Staples.com order number from the kiosk receipt (starts with "9")

then at www.staplesrebates.com you choose the "ordered at terminal (kiosk) in store)" option.

MISTERCHEAP said:   may2k said:   Can I pay this one with reward? Will rebate form print out when I pay?

yes, yes.

note:

rebate form MAY NOT print out w/Kiosk Order. you will still be eligible for the rebate. you'll need offer # and your Staples.com order number from the kiosk receipt (starts with "9")

then at www.staplesrebates.com you choose the "ordered at terminal (kiosk) in store)" option.
You should be able to link directly to the rebate from the email sent for your kiosk order. If not do the above as outlined by Mr. C. Rebate number (not the details) should be on the customer copy from the kiosk printout but seems to be hit or miss on that at times. Rebates do not print at the register in any case for kiosk orders. Freaks a lot of people out at times.

Thanks, mistercheap and mathfaster! By the way, can i use 5 off 25 shazam with this deal (after above coupon)?

MISTERCHEAP said:   prsf said:   Staples can refuse expired coupon so YMMV at best!

as noted, there was a policy published last year that stores should honor coupons a few days past expiration, so please stop the doom and gloom posts.

Can u please point me to that published policy. My store usually gives crap. Would come handy any day to me.

Thanks

MysteriousGirl said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   prsf said:   Staples can refuse expired coupon so YMMV at best!

Can u please point me to that published policy. My store usually gives crap. Would come handy any day to me.

Thanks

I'd like to see something too...I don't know if it exists. This is from 2-3 years ago:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1024179/

The only published thing I can find regarding coupons for Staples is:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/programs/customerservice/faqs.htm...

States that expired coupons are not valid...but that is for Staples.com specifically I think.

Didn't they learn their lesson the last time, not to do these deals back to back? I guess my favorite non-profits are getting more paper!

billrubin said:   Didn't they learn their lesson the last time, not to do these deals back to back? I guess my favorite non-profits are getting more paper!I can't remember the details any longer but wasn't one of the deals even worse as the coupons were not expired? Buy online via kiosk order for rebate but then they had valid in store coupons but no rebate in-store. I bought on a Saturday via kiosk so the coupons were not expired.

BenH said:   MysteriousGirl said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   prsf said:   Staples can refuse expired coupon so YMMV at best!

Thanks

I'd like to see something too...I don't know if it exists. This is from 2-3 years ago:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1024179/

The only published thing I can find regarding coupons for Staples is:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/programs/customerservice/faqs.htm...

States that expired coupons are not valid...but that is for Staples.com specifically I think.

Thanks so much for the links. Will print a copy and place in my car, if needed next time.

MysteriousGirl said:   
Thanks so much for the links. Will print a copy and place in my car, if needed next time.

I was showing them for reference, but I wouldn't put any credence in a store policy from 2-3 years ago - likely it is updated at least yearly.

Quick question - I have a coupon (online only) for $25 off $100.

Can I buy 2 cases of paper + $50 worth of merchadise, then enter the coupon # on the kiosk, then pay at the counter with rewards?

Paying with rewards will drop the total to under $100. Will that affect the already added 25off100 ?

Thanx

Online-only coupon does not work with in-store payment.

mathfaster said:   billrubin said:   Didn't they learn their lesson the last time, not to do these deals back to back? I guess my favorite non-profits are getting more paper!I can't remember the details any longer but wasn't one of the deals even worse as the coupons were not expired? Buy online via kiosk order for rebate but then they had valid in store coupons but no rebate in-store. I bought on a Saturday via kiosk so the coupons were not expired.Yeah, that was several months ago. I'll go to my store on Sunday, the cashiers there are pretty friendly and I doubt I'll have trouble with coupons. The thing I love about this deal is you can do a kiosk order and not bother with schlepping the cases of paper!

Sadly, Rewards is now only 5% on this instead of 10% so it won't full cover sales tax for most.

billrubin said:   it won't full cover sales tax for most.

Did you just say tax? where's yesidonoitall?

Skipping 98 Messages...
mathfaster said:   Well to add to the confusion. 5 digit coupons are technically valid 2 days past expiration in the store. Online? Don't think so. 16 digit coupons technically expire 7 days past expiration. Generally true for both store and online coupons with some exceptions like the 40/80 coupons which have no grace period but those are online coupons.

Good to know.

How much luck have you had (if you've tried or know of those who have) with coupons that are "technically" expired but not past 7 days?
That would be a pretty good indicator that the old policy is no longer valid if no one is having any luck applying expired coupons up to that limit.

In the end, it shouldn't really be too much of a problem as the deals rotate weekly on Sunday and coupons almost always run through the end of the week (as in this paper deal).
So, it just means you need to get to the store Sunday or Monday, which shouldn't be a problem in most cases.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014