• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
17" i7 Processor for $599!

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM 2.4GHz plus Turbo Boost Technology 6MB L3 Cache Processor;
8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory
1TB 5400RPM SATA2 Hard Drive
17.3" HD+ LED Display (1600 x 900)
Windows 8

http://www.staples.com/Samsung-Series-3-NP350E7C-A01US-173-Lapto...

Use Coupon Code: 36376

Use Chase INK Credit Card For additional 5x UR Points

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung Series 3 NP350E7C-A01US 17.3" Laptop
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I picked this laptop up the last time it was this price. It was quite slow out of the box but is now very fast (I put a SSD in it). The webcam sucks but I hardly ever use it. No problem doing a clean install of Windows 8... just download one app from Samsung and it will download all the laptop-specific drivers you need (without all the extra crap).

junk video.

When you spend $599 for a new laptop you don't usually get better video than this. The fact that its 17" makes it a good price for i7" Laptop. Obviously not for gamers or heavy graphics usage

MattR said:   I picked this laptop up the last time it was this price. It was quite slow out of the box but is now very fast (I put a SSD in it). The webcam sucks but I hardly ever use it. No problem doing a clean install of Windows 8... just download one app from Samsung and it will download all the laptop-specific drivers you need (without all the extra crap).

I just bought the Lenovo z580 that was on sale last week at Staples that has an i5 in it. I was wondering:
1. Did you uninstall a bunch of pre-loaded software? If so, can you tell me what?
2. What brand/size of SSD did you buy? I don't use the computer for anything more than internet, youtube, Netflix, maybe a very small game--I just want it to fly when I click.

Thanks!

1. I didn't uninstall anything... I replaced the drive with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 8. I put the original drive in the DVD bay (if you do this, install Windows first and then install the 1TB drive... otherwise, the 1TB drive frequently wants to boot its copy of windows).

2. I bought a Kingston V300 120GB drive. It's fast. From boot to desktop in under 10 seconds. Sleep/resume instantly.

MattR said:   I picked this laptop up the last time it was this price. It was quite slow out of the box but is now very fast (I put a SSD in it). The webcam sucks but I hardly ever use it. No problem doing a clean install of Windows 8... just download one app from Samsung and it will download all the laptop-specific drivers you need (without all the extra crap).

how could it possibly be slow with that fast a cpu?

maxxjulie said:   MattR said:   I picked this laptop up the last time it was this price. It was quite slow out of the box but is now very fast (I put a SSD in it). The webcam sucks but I hardly ever use it. No problem doing a clean install of Windows 8... just download one app from Samsung and it will download all the laptop-specific drivers you need (without all the extra crap).

Slow HD.

TellyTubby said:   maxxjulie said:   MattR said:   I picked this laptop up the last time it was this price. It was quite slow out of the box but is now very fast (I put a SSD in it). The webcam sucks but I hardly ever use it. No problem doing a clean install of Windows 8... just download one app from Samsung and it will download all the laptop-specific drivers you need (without all the extra crap).

Slow HD.

Yup. I didn't think it could possibly be as slow as everyone said but it was.

Dead

I just got one of these from Staples too. Piece of junk. My 4 years old laptop I'm replacing is faster then this. I have no idea how something with an i7 can go sooooooo sloooow, but I would NEVER recommend this machine to anyone!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014