• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sea Foam Motor Treatment for Gas and Diesel Engines (16 fl. oz.)
Part No: SF16

Expires March 27, 2013

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/produ...

Usually costs $9.99 - $10.99.

Have not had any luck using coupon/promo codes at this sales price. Guess I'm trying to "have my cake and eat it too."

DH loves this stuff -- better than Stabil. Always adds it to gas cans before filling. Says instructions state it "keeps gas "good" for 1 year." And it indeed has done so. Good for so many things.

Member Summary

Sea Foam Motor Treatment
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought some about 6 weeks ago...used it and saw no difference in gas mileage or anything else.

DH never mentioned seeing a diff. in gas mileage.

Constantly had a problem starting chainsaw, weedwacker, pushmower, tractors, etc.

Since he's been adding this additive to gas cans, doesn't seem to have a problem. At least I'm not hearing about it.

Think it was due to the ethanol in gas. Gooked "things" up, esp. if equipment sat for any length of time. (Think it caused a problem with carburetor?)

If you are lucky enough to live close to a Mennards as I am.....seafoam is 6.89 a bottle.....I buy a case at a time everytime I am in St Joesph, MO

Just bought 4 today for $6.49 at Northern Tool. Tell the DH to buy non-oxygenated gas for the small engines! Otherwise nothing beats Sea Foam.

belgique said:   I bought some about 6 weeks ago...used it and saw no difference in gas mileage or anything else.Put half in the gas tank, half in the crankcase about a 100 miles/week before an oil change. Oil comes out black as coal and filter is extra heavy. Cleans built up oil in the crankcase. Cleans fuel injectors to keep car running smooth. Unless you have especially dirty injectors you probably won't notice any performance improvements or mileage difference. But you don't notice any difference after an oil change, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea to change it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014