• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Buyer #8. !!!!!! LOL
Disclaimer
On Groupon:

A $10 Starbucks egift card for $5

http://www.groupon.com/deals/starbucks?c=all&p=2

I was buyer number 8! LOL

Don't forget FatWallet Cash Back! Up to 4%

$5 for a $10 Starbucks Card eGift Starbucks Card eGifts are digital gift cards that can be used for anything, such as a cup of the mellow Starbucks blonde roast coffee, a skinny mocha, or a hot or iced hazelnut macchiato. Use it all at once or across multiple visits, in participating stores.

Groupon
See Groupon coupons that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Starbucks
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Surprised to see the Starbucks whoredom. I am too cheap for Starbucks, I prefer my dark roast (extra oily) whole bean gr... (more)

mikefxu (Mar. 22, 2013 @ 9:54p) |

Sold out sooner than I thought!

marayatano (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 1:23a) |

The CEO quit or was fired. I can't remember .

marayatano (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 5:48p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks i was buyer #9 LOL

in!

DetroitLions2012 said:   thanks i was buyer #9 LOL

LOL!!! It now says over 5,000 bought!


How can that be?!?!?

Strarbux, never ever ever for ever will I buy from them.


And why the limit of 1?

yesidonoitall said:   Strarbux, never ever ever for ever will I buy from them.

I think I always see your name with some story as to why you will never purchase from (fill in the blank).

Care to share your story?

Ha ha

Bought one. I just loaded onto my iphone starbucks app. Sweet!

marayatano said:   yesidonoitall said:   Strarbux, never ever ever for ever will I buy from them.

I think I always see your name with some story as to why you will never purchase from (fill in the blank).

Care to share your story?

Ha ha



The other is sams club dot com.
You cannot buy a membership on line and use it...
Do they tell you that when they collect the $35 fee or whatever it is NO.

YOU HAVE TO GO TO A SAMS CLUB STORE TO HAVE THE ONLINE MEMBERSHIP ACTIVATED, HOW SILLY.



Starbucks issue is:
Our safeway was remodeled with a Starbucks....
I went in, 6 or so workers at the Strarbucks corner.
I waited and was told
SEE THE SIGN THAT SAYS WE ARE TRAINING PEOPLE....
No of course I did not, it was very small and at the bottom of the polls they use with rope to form lines and it was facing the wrong way. (the sign)

Right on. Thanks OP.

yesidonoitall said:   marayatano said:   yesidonoitall said:   Strarbux, never ever ever for ever will I buy from them.
I think I always see your name with some story as to why you will never purchase from (fill in the blank).

Starbucks issue is:
Our safeway was remodeled with a Starbucks....
I went in, 6 or so workers at the Strarbucks corner.
I waited and was told
SEE THE SIGN THAT SAYS WE ARE TRAINING PEOPLE....
No of course I did not, it was very small and at the bottom of the polls they use with rope to form lines and it was facing the wrong way. (the sign)



LOL! I knew you had a story! Entertaining !

NOT HOT! Unless u received the Targeted email you may be in for a surprise. I got an email from them earliear about this deal. Only for new customers or targeted. IF YOU BUY YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SHUT DOWN. I already know someone's account who got shut down. Here's what my email from them said:

Only first time Groupon customers and valid recipients of Groupon email offer are permitted to purchase. Deal cannot be purchased with promotional codes, gift codes, or Groupon Bucks. If you violate these terms, Groupon will refund your purchase and close your Groupon account. You are receiving this email because xxxxxxx@hotmail.com is signed up to receive Groupon communications. If you prefer not to receive future Daily Deal emails, you can always unsubscribe with one click. If you'd like to modify your other email subscriptions, click here to access your subscription center. Please don't reply to this email—there are better ways to get in touch with us, like renting the billboard outside our office or emailing customer service here.

Better check to see you can still log in.

Edit: I do see the deal on the Groupon page now (I had received email and bought yesterday, 1 day early per the email) but just had a friend buy the deal about 30 mins ago (when this deal should have already gone live) and get her acct closed. My guess is it depends on which link you clicked from. So if you are going to buy this deal, I suggest you go directly onto Groupon to buy it rather than some unknown link because it could be the email link which will prob get your acct closed per their email terms and conditions. .

yelloe1213 said:   NOT HOT! Unless u received the Targeted email you may be in for a surprise. I got an email from them earliear about this deal. Only for new customers or targeted. IF YOU BUY YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SHUT DOWN. I already know someone's account who got shut down. Here's what my email from them said:

Only first time Groupon customers and valid recipients of Groupon email offer are permitted to purchase. Deal cannot be purchased with promotional codes, gift codes, or Groupon Bucks. If you violate these terms, Groupon will refund your purchase and close your Groupon account. You are receiving this email because xxxxxxx@hotmail.com is signed up to receive Groupon communications. If you prefer not to receive future Daily Deal emails, you can always unsubscribe with one click. If you'd like to modify your other email subscriptions, click here to access your subscription center. Please don't reply to this email—there are better ways to get in touch with us, like renting the billboard outside our office or emailing customer service here.

Better check to see you can still log in.

Edit: I do see the deal on the Groupon page now (I had received email and bought yesterday, 1 day early per the email) but just had a friend buy the deal about 30 mins ago (when this deal should have already gone live) and get her acct closed. My guess is it depends on which link you clicked from. So if you are going to buy this deal, I suggest you go directly onto Groupon to buy it rather than some unknown link because it could be the email link which will prob get your acct closed per their email terms and conditions. .
That's odd, because I used the iPhone app, and it automatically used my Groupon Bucks, and there was no disclaimer.

I think that since this deal went live their terms and conditions changed. That's what was in my email yesterday. Which is clearly different than what it is today. Since its now the first thing you see when you go to Groupon you should be safe. That was the first time Groupon has sent me such a cryptic email tho. Wonder what they were trying to pull.

In for two - wife and myself - Groupon purgatory be damned!

This card to give people the feeling is very warm

Unfortunately for Groupon, the world is awash in easy Starbux money from a previous hot deal....

Thanks OP!

Thanks worked for me, but when I try to transfer it into my current card I get "An unexpected error has occurred.
We’re sorry — something has gone wrong on our end." on Starbucks site.

propcgamer said:   Thanks worked for me, but when I try to transfer it into my current card I get "An unexpected error has occurred.
We’re sorry — something has gone wrong on our end." on Starbucks site.
That happens if you use their "automatic" direct link from the activation page to refill. Just go into your card "manually" and add it by manually entering the numbers into the transfer section.

MisterEd said:   propcgamer said:   Thanks worked for me, but when I try to transfer it into my current card I get "An unexpected error has occurred.
We’re sorry — something has gone wrong on our end." on Starbucks site.
That happens if you use their "automatic" direct link from the activation page to refill. Just go into your card "manually" and add it by manually entering the numbers into the transfer section.


They also IP banned me! So much for their "automatic" link

propcgamer said:   MisterEd said:   propcgamer said:   Thanks worked for me, but when I try to transfer it into my current card I get "An unexpected error has occurred.
We’re sorry — something has gone wrong on our end." on Starbucks site.
That happens if you use their "automatic" direct link from the activation page to refill. Just go into your card "manually" and add it by manually entering the numbers into the transfer section.


They also IP banned me! So much for their "automatic" link


Starbucks banned you or Groupon banned you?

MisterEd said:   propcgamer said:   Thanks worked for me, but when I try to transfer it into my current card I get "An unexpected error has occurred.
We’re sorry — something has gone wrong on our end." on Starbucks site.
That happens if you use their "automatic" direct link from the activation page to refill. Just go into your card "manually" and add it by manually entering the numbers into the transfer section.


I had no problem using the automatic direct link.

Torrancefatty said:   yelloe1213 said:   NOT HOT! Unless u received the Targeted email you may be in for a surprise. I got an email from them earliear about this deal. Only for new customers or targeted. IF YOU BUY YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SHUT DOWN. I already know someone's account who got shut down. Here's what my email from them said:

Only first time Groupon customers and valid recipients of Groupon email offer are permitted to purchase. Deal cannot be purchased with promotional codes, gift codes, or Groupon Bucks. If you violate these terms, Groupon will refund your purchase and close your Groupon account. You are receiving this email because xxxxxxx@hotmail.com is signed up to receive Groupon communications. If you prefer not to receive future Daily Deal emails, you can always unsubscribe with one click. If you'd like to modify your other email subscriptions, click here to access your subscription center. Please don't reply to this email—there are better ways to get in touch with us, like renting the billboard outside our office or emailing customer service here.

Better check to see you can still log in.

Edit: I do see the deal on the Groupon page now (I had received email and bought yesterday, 1 day early per the email) but just had a friend buy the deal about 30 mins ago (when this deal should have already gone live) and get her acct closed. My guess is it depends on which link you clicked from. So if you are going to buy this deal, I suggest you go directly onto Groupon to buy it rather than some unknown link because it could be the email link which will prob get your acct closed per their email terms and conditions. .
That's odd, because I used the iPhone app, and it automatically used my Groupon Bucks, and there was no disclaimer.


I did it on my computer, and it also automatically applied my Groupon Bucks, and there was no disclaimer for me either.

propcgamer said:   MisterEd said:   propcgamer said:   Thanks worked for me, but when I try to transfer it into my current card I get "An unexpected error has occurred.
We’re sorry — something has gone wrong on our end." on Starbucks site.
That happens if you use their "automatic" direct link from the activation page to refill. Just go into your card "manually" and add it by manually entering the numbers into the transfer section.


They also IP banned me! So much for their "automatic" link


This quote is taken from SD:

"YEAH hey everybody using the Starbucks site to transfer balances please BEWARE! Because of their free $5 rewards promo last week they are flagging all accounts with multiple ecard transfers in $5 & $10 denominations, ESP if ur doing it now in the wee hours of the night or anytime from like 11:00pm & 5:00am. Better to just screen cap them or use em one at a time. U don't want to get caught up in that net of suspicious activity they've cast & have ur account banned & monies frozen ie wiped out as they can say it or claim ur transfers are fraudulent & decide to invoke some 1 per person Groupon limit. U can call CS to complain & maybe eventually get ur balance restored but it's a big headache! Just FYI!"

roy7736, I actually did not do any of the $5 rewards promos or multiple ecard transfers. I had one other $10 ecard from a Living Social deal over 6 months ago.

roy7736 said:   Torrancefatty said:   yelloe1213 said:   NOT HOT! Unless u received the Targeted email you may be in for a surprise. I got an email from them earliear about this deal. Only for new customers or targeted. IF YOU BUY YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SHUT DOWN. I already know someone's account who got shut down. Here's what my email from them said:

Only first time Groupon customers and valid recipients of Groupon email offer are permitted to purchase. Deal cannot be purchased with promotional codes, gift codes, or Groupon Bucks. If you violate these terms, Groupon will refund your purchase and close your Groupon account. You are receiving this email because xxxxxxx@hotmail.com is signed up to receive Groupon communications. If you prefer not to receive future Daily Deal emails, you can always unsubscribe with one click. If you'd like to modify your other email subscriptions, click here to access your subscription center. Please don't reply to this email—there are better ways to get in touch with us, like renting the billboard outside our office or emailing customer service here.

Better check to see you can still log in.

Edit: I do see the deal on the Groupon page now (I had received email and bought yesterday, 1 day early per the email) but just had a friend buy the deal about 30 mins ago (when this deal should have already gone live) and get her acct closed. My guess is it depends on which link you clicked from. So if you are going to buy this deal, I suggest you go directly onto Groupon to buy it rather than some unknown link because it could be the email link which will prob get your acct closed per their email terms and conditions. .
That's odd, because I used the iPhone app, and it automatically used my Groupon Bucks, and there was no disclaimer.


I did it on my computer, and it also automatically applied my Groupon Bucks, and there was no disclaimer for me either.


I'm not signed up for their emails, but there does happen to be a huge banner over all of the deals, begging me to purchase the deal before my "Starbucks run".

No problem here. Automatically used Groupon Bucks and manually added to Starbucks account.

Thanks...didn't have any problems purchasing and activating the egift card.

Woot! Thanks OP!

Thanks OP! Used Shop Discover to get 15% Cash Back.

roy7736 said:   MisterEd said:   propcgamer said:   Thanks worked for me, but when I try to transfer it into my current card I get "An unexpected error has occurred.
We’re sorry — something has gone wrong on our end." on Starbucks site.
That happens if you use their "automatic" direct link from the activation page to refill. Just go into your card "manually" and add it by manually entering the numbers into the transfer section.


I had no problem using the automatic direct link.
Awwwright!

thx

Got one. Thanks OP!

yesidonoitall said:   marayatano said:   yesidonoitall said:   Strarbux, never ever ever for ever will I buy from them.

I think I always see your name with some story as to why you will never purchase from (fill in the blank).

Care to share your story?

Ha ha



The other is sams club dot com.
You cannot buy a membership on line and use it...
Do they tell you that when they collect the $35 fee or whatever it is NO.

YOU HAVE TO GO TO A SAMS CLUB STORE TO HAVE THE ONLINE MEMBERSHIP ACTIVATED, HOW SILLY.



Starbucks issue is:
Our safeway was remodeled with a Starbucks....
I went in, 6 or so workers at the Strarbucks corner.
I waited and was told
SEE THE SIGN THAT SAYS WE ARE TRAINING PEOPLE....
No of course I did not, it was very small and at the bottom of the polls they use with rope to form lines and it was facing the wrong way. (the sign)


I bought a Sam's Club membership online, bought 1 item online and never went to the store. Of course this was 18 months ago. Maybe they changed their policy?

As far as your Starbucks experience.. That was safeway's franchise store of Starbucks. You should stop shopping at safeway.

I don't know why I even reply. You appear to be so closed minded that I'm sure these stores don't want your business.

Oh no, Groupon might shut down my account over $5?! Whatever should I do? There's absolutely no way I could get a new email and create another account. I'd better go back to my cave.

cyfan said:   Oh no, Groupon might shut down my account over $5?! Whatever should I do? There's absolutely no way I could get a new email and create another account. I'd better go back to my cave.

You are assuming that everyone has no other purchased Groupons in their account. Many other ppl do. I think you'd be singing a very different tune if you did.

don't forget Discover CB 15%

um dumb question but this can't be loaded onto our starbucks app, can it?

Yes it can be transferred to an existing card. Including the App and Passbook on iOS.

It worked fine.

Skipping 32 Messages...
yesidonoitall said:   Groupon was in the news lately, weren't they going bankrupt?

The CEO quit or was fired. I can't remember .



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014