• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My 1st real post, Searched "receiver" in the hotdeal forum and didn't find any similar hits.

Linky

$320 off w/ promo code EMCXTVV84

Specs:
Processing decoding: Dolby TrueHD/Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution
Output power: 110W (@ 8 ohms, 1kHz, 0.9% THD, 2 ch driven) (I found other sources stating @95W)
Inputs: 6 HDMI (inc. 1 front) / 2 digital audio optical / 2 digital audio coaxial / 2 component video / 5 composite video / 4 analog audio / network / audio mini jack
Outputs: 2 HDMI(simultaneously) / component video moitor / composite AV/ composite monitor / 1 analog audio / analog AV / headphone
USB input for iPod/iPhone
Subwoofer 2 x mono output
Airplay streaming
Discrete amp configuration
Included wi-fi adapter (YWA-10) for wireless music streaming
Remote control

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

YAMAHA RX-V773WABL
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can anyone compare this to the Onkyo TX-NR809 for me? I just bought the 809, but might consider this one if they are co... (more)

AssocCities (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 12:26a) |

I used Onkyo's in the past and had to stop using them due to excessive heat and the HDMI switch has gone out on several ... (more)

CRKev (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 7:38a) |

I've had great luck with older Pioneer receivers, very full sound, low heat. Hoping Newegg gets the vsx-1122 back in st... (more)

bxd20 (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 7:58a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bought 1, thanks.
It also upscales all video signals to 1080p and 4K, and has 7.2 pre-outs.

great find op!

I bought this today and was just going to post deal. search feature always comes in handy. Best price anywhere BY FAR. FS, no tax for me.
GREEN for OP

Got one. Thank you. Green!

i got one too. thanks ops!

Hows this compare to the Onkyo TX-NR809?

I used Onkyo's in the past and had to stop using them due to excessive heat and the HDMI switch has gone out on several I have installed.

I now use Yamaha and have not had to have one repaired yet. Also, the run cooler.

I installed an Onkyo TX-SR806 a few years ago and I couldn't touch the top of it because it got too hot and the HDMI ports went out on it.

Kev

Thanks. Got 1

THD 0.9%... Usually its 0.0* .. how does it affect the audio quality ? I love Yamaha products so want to get some info before pulling the plug. thanks

austintx said:   THD 0.9%... Usually its 0.0* .. how does it affect the audio quality ? I love Yamaha products so want to get some info before pulling the plug. thanks
7-channel powerful surround sound: 95W per Channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven); 110W per Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
Source

That was quick. Ordered mine Saturday the 23rd. It arrived already. I expected to see made in China , hoped to see Japan, but made in Malaysia. Not concerned, but some want to know.

CRKev said:   I used Onkyo's in the past and had to stop using them due to excessive heat and the HDMI switch has gone out on several I have installed.

I now use Yamaha and have not had to have one repaired yet. Also, the run cooler.

I installed an Onkyo TX-SR806 a few years ago and I couldn't touch the top of it because it got too hot and the HDMI ports went out on it.

Kev

I have to cycle the power when the sound cuts off but I love the remote for my Onkyo.

I bought the Costco identical model of this receiver HTR-7065 for $479. The only difference with this one being that this comes with the wireless adapter included which is a nice bonus so this is a great deal. But if you can't get in on it, then Costco is a great option and a lot of people won't even use the wireless adapter.

However, if anyone wants to sell me their wireless adapter for a good price, send me a PM. I have heard that the $49.99 Netgear wireless bridge works as an alternative FYI.

Rated Output Power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven): 95 W/Ch

Rated Output Power (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven): 110 W/Ch

Dynamic Power/Ch (Front L/R, 8/6/4/2 ohms): 140/180/210/250 W

OP, the true power per channel at full bandwidth is in bold. This can be found under the details tab.

I am in the market for a receiver. This one is at top end of my budget which is ok. Is there any reason not to buy this? I am not that knowledgeable of all the new features but do not want to find out later it is lacking something that I would need/want. Any help or other recommendations would be appreciated. Thank You

When using supplied wife adapter, it was not as simple as I expected. I am using FIOS. The supplied router has a WPS button. Problem is Verizon has never enabled it with firmware updates. The supplied wifi adapter is setup to use WPS to make it easy. I had to hook it up to my router and manually set up the wifi adapter.
WPS is wifi protected setup.

ggrr8t said:   When using supplied wife adapter, it was not as simple as I expected. I am using FIOS. The supplied router has a WPS button. Problem is Verizon has never enabled it with firmware updates. The supplied wifi adapter is setup to use WPS to make it easy. I had to hook it up to my router and manually set up the wifi adapter.

So you were able to set it up without WPS? I disabled WPS on my routers because they are so easily breached by hackers and I live in an apartment building where you can receive about 50 other networks from the other apartments. That is probably why Verizon did not enable WPS on your router.
Did they give you instructions for set-up w/o WPS? I ordered mine on Saturday, but mine won't arrive until Thursday.

ch4920 said:   I am in the market for a receiver. This one is at top end of my budget which is ok. Is there any reason not to buy this? I am not that knowledgeable of all the new features but do not want to find out later it is lacking something that I would need/want. Any help or other recommendations would be appreciated. Thank You

I did a lot of research before I bought mine. Let me save you the headache doing your own research, yes, buy this one.

gtdad said:   ggrr8t said:   When using supplied wife adapter, it was not as simple as I expected. I am using FIOS. The supplied router has a WPS button. Problem is Verizon has never enabled it with firmware updates. The supplied wifi adapter is setup to use WPS to make it easy. I had to hook it up to my router and manually set up the wifi adapter.

So you were able to set it up without WPS? I disabled WPS on my routers because they are so easily breached by hackers and I live in an apartment building where you can receive about 50 other networks from the other apartments. That is probably why Verizon did not enable WPS on your router.
Did they give you instructions for set-up w/o WPS? I ordered mine on Saturday, but mine won't arrive until Thursday.

Yes, but the instructions supplied blow. Was pretty simple though once I said screw the instructions.

Anybody knows how this compares to the pioneer sc-1222-k for $500 at Newegg. The amps and watts look better on the pioneer, however, the features of the Yamaha seem better. I am having a tough time deciding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

steelycat said:   Anybody knows how this compares to the pioneer sc-1222-k for $500 at Newegg. The amps and watts look better on the pioneer, however, the features of the Yamaha seem better. I am having a tough time deciding.

Thanks!

I am liking that Pioneer, but the only $500 one I see is open box. What features are you speaking of?

I was between this and a Denon AVR-2113ci, I wanted something that would upscale component to HDMI but apparently this Yamaha doesn't, just pases to component out. Also the Yamaha YPAO sound calibration system generally isn't as well regarded as Audyssey that the Denon uses. Probably splitting hairs but for me the Denon was better.

Also.. read too many issues with Onkyo and Pioneer, double check reviews and AV forums for data.

This yamaha has hdmi upscale and 4K Pass-through & 4K Upscaling

ggrr8t said:   steelycat said:   Anybody knows how this compares to the pioneer sc-1222-k for $500 at Newegg. The amps and watts look better on the pioneer, however, the features of the Yamaha seem better. I am having a tough time deciding.

Thanks!

I am liking that Pioneer, but the only $500 one I see is open box. What features are you speaking of?

They had a$50 off code for the pioneer. I just checked and its gone, so it's back to 550. I will post if it comes back.

ggrr8t said:   This yamaha has hdmi upscale and 4K Pass-through & 4K Upscaling

My mistake, I see that listed in the specs - HDMI upscaling Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI).

Badfishlbc said:   ch4920 said:   I am in the market for a receiver. This one is at top end of my budget which is ok. Is there any reason not to buy this? I am not that knowledgeable of all the new features but do not want to find out later it is lacking something that I would need/want. Any help or other recommendations would be appreciated. Thank You

I did a lot of research before I bought mine. Let me save you the headache doing your own research, yes, buy this one.

Bought today thanks

Ordered the Yamaha on Saturday and it arrived on Wednesday, a day early. Had some questions during set-up. Called Yamaha and found English speaking American tech support who were friendly and knowledgeable about their products.
Receiver runs cooler than any others I have had.

Definitely thought it ran cooler than my Sony. But then touched the bottom, it was hot, still not as hot as my Sony. Now going to try to figure out how to tune in sirius.

The 2 HDMI outs in this price range is awfully tempting, but the analog-only Zone 2 is a deal breaker for me. Oh well. Nice deal, though.

Can anyone compare this to the Onkyo TX-NR809 for me? I just bought the 809, but might consider this one if they are comparable. Any thoughts on the differences or benefits of each?

AssocCities said:   Can anyone compare this to the Onkyo TX-NR809 for me? I just bought the 809, but might consider this one if they are comparable. Any thoughts on the differences or benefits of each?

I used Onkyo's in the past and had to stop using them due to excessive heat and the HDMI switch has gone out on several I have installed.

I now use Yamaha and have not had to have one repaired yet. Also, they run cooler.

Kev

I've had great luck with older Pioneer receivers, very full sound, low heat. Hoping Newegg gets the vsx-1122 back in stock for $300.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014