• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I had an e-mail from Subway last night: "Exclusive offer for our best fans!" Inside was a link to print a coupon for a free cookie when you buy at footlong sub on 3/23 or 3/24. I was able to print the coupon twice. This seems to be a targeted deal, so check your e-mail.

Member Summary

Yum (148.30kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Well, it's also on every subway receipt.

And checking your email is hardly a hot deal.

It's too bad most Subway franchisees won't honor these offers. At least they should show on their web site listing which places honor the offers. Quizno's does this. If you call them, they can't tell you. I went into one place, ordered two footlongs and when I went to the cashier, she wouldn't honor the advertised offer so I said goodbye and tried to walk out. The "manager" confronted me and said I had to pay for the sandwiches and threatened to detain me and call police. I'll never go there anymore.

For months and months there has been a survey on the bottom of my receipts for a free cookie.

do you want a cookie

Even if you think a bonus 15 cent cookie is a deal, these types of posts do not belong in HOT DEALS.

From the Hot Deals FAQ...
The following types of posts DO NOT belong in the Hot Deals: "Check your email for a coupon", "I just got a coupon from Company X in snail mail."

TheBigCheese said:   It's too bad most Subway franchisees won't honor these offers. At least they should show on their web site listing which places honor the offers. Quizno's does this. If you call them, they can't tell you. I went into one place, ordered two footlongs and when I went to the cashier, she wouldn't honor the advertised offer so I said goodbye and tried to walk out. The "manager" confronted me and said I had to pay for the sandwiches and threatened to detain me and call police. I'll never go there anymore.

What was the offer? BOGO? Or the cookie?

Did this particular store had an issue with fake coupons?

I think a lot of franchises have a love/hate relationship with corporate - they don't have much input regarding coupons.

Apparently Subway franchisees were near revolt with the $5 footlong promotion when it started - but obviously it has been incredibly successful.

It is so sad that the manager was short sighted like that - losing a customer and generating ill will because of a coupon.

How exactly did you go about signing up to receive emails from them? Did you receive a confirmation email because I've signed up a few times but can't seem to get anything from them.

TheBigCheese said:   It's too bad most Subway franchisees won't honor these offers. At least they should show on their web site listing which places honor the offers. Quizno's does this. If you call them, they can't tell you. I went into one place, ordered two footlongs and when I went to the cashier, she wouldn't honor the advertised offer so I said goodbye and tried to walk out. The "manager" confronted me and said I had to pay for the sandwiches and threatened to detain me and call police. I'll never go there anymore.

Sounds like crooks operate this place. They can't make you pay for that. Mind giving us the address of this place so we can avoid it?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014