• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c26938/avia-6079-hiking-shoes-m...

30% off w/ Kohls chr
Code: JELLYBEAN

MARCH 21-30, 2013

Free Ship code Free Shipping Code: PERK4MVC
Valid March 21-30

Kohl's
See Kohl's coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Avia 6079 Hiking Shoes - Men
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
deal is LIVE again.

MISTERCHEAP (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 3:23p) |

Thanks, very satisfied with my original order and just ordered 2 more pair. Wide widths on comfortable shoes are not ea... (more)

TheRatsWon (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 3:48p) |

any codes for non-Kohls charge people?

arribasn (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 5:29p) |

Staff Summary
  • Kohl's Coupons:
    FRIENDS20
    20% off any order (expires 8/4/14 12:59am)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good shoe, i have one.

Unfortunately these do not have "The North Fac e" imprinted on them so I could not possibly go for a hike in them. I may come to some serious harm unless every piece of visible clothing I wear has a TNF logo. It is vital! Every pseudo-hiker knows that unless you have paid $100 for each sartorial adornment, death (and scorn) is imminent.

TellyTubby said:   Unfortunately these do not have "The North Fac e" imprinted on them so I could not possibly go for a hike in them. I may come to some serious harm unless every piece of visible clothing I wear has a TNF logo. It is vital! Every pseudo-hiker knows that unless you have paid $100 for each sartorial adornment, death (and scorn) is imminent.

As long as you don't mind wet feet, you'll be fine with these.

Thanks OP, the reviews are good, but I will wait for some boots. I missed the Army boots from a moth ago.

ElGuache said:   Thanks OP, the reviews are good, but I will wait for some boots. I missed the Army boots from a moth ago.You might be interested in these, then.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1261636/

I just received mine (picked them up at my local REI) and they fit great and are comfortable, with great ankle support.

Thanks! I and my middle son both wear 4E and Avia is one of only a few brands that makes a shoe that fits. $20 is a great price.

TellyTubby said:   Unfortunately these do not have "The North Fac e" imprinted on them so I could not possibly go for a hike in them. I may come to some serious harm unless every piece of visible clothing I wear has a TNF logo. It is vital! Every pseudo-hiker knows that unless you have paid $100 for each sartorial adornment, death (and scorn) is imminent.

make sure your iphone is visible to the other hikers too and when you get home use your Dyson to vacuum up the dirt you tracked in from your boots.

rogun said:   TellyTubby said:   Unfortunately these do not have "The North Fac e" imprinted on them so I could not possibly go for a hike in them. I may come to some serious harm unless every piece of visible clothing I wear has a TNF logo. It is vital! Every pseudo-hiker knows that unless you have paid $100 for each sartorial adornment, death (and scorn) is imminent.

As long as you don't mind wet feet, you'll be fine with these.

That's a great point. These aren't really hikers, they are athletic shoes styled like hikers. Which is fine for wearing around. I like Avia, they don't tend to last as long as New Balance but are comfortable and light and actually run true to width unlike Asics whose 4E is more like a 2E. But a true hiker really should be waterproof. Some people hike where there is no water and then you could probably hike in these. I prefer at least some ankle support when I hike since I live where there are many unstable rocks. But YMMV, lots of people hike in low topped shoes.

5% Upromise

Great post. These shoes and last. Buying an extra pair.

Repped! These run big?

Thanks OP.. grabbed a pair of 4E for my caveman feet.

Worked for me. Thanks.

Doesn't your other foot hurt when stepping on rocks?

Thanks MISTERCHEAP. Ordered three sizes because of free shipping. One is bound to fit. Nice no risk offer.

Thanks OP. I've been wearing Avias from Kohls for the past ten years or so. Great daily wear shoes.

sollyd said:   Doesn't your other foot hurt when stepping on rocks?

I've seen people hiking barefoot. Rocky/tree rooty trails, several miles with several thousand feet of elevation gain.

JamesTKirk said:   sollyd said:   Doesn't your other foot hurt when stepping on rocks?

I've seen people hiking barefoot. Rocky/tree rooty trails, several miles with several thousand feet of elevation gain.

Was one named "Cody"?

TellyTubby said:   Unfortunately these do not have "the north face" imprinted on them so I could not possibly go for a hike in them. I may come to some serious harm unless every piece of visible clothing I wear has a TNF logo. It is vital! Every pseudo-hiker knows that unless you have paid $100 for each sartorial adornment, death (and scorn) is imminent.

I used to be into hiking (before I got into psoriatic arthritis). While I knew that the north face made hiking boots, they were (at least when I was into hikng) not a brand of boot you saw people wear with any frequency. the north face was and is a quality brand which makes tents, sleeping bags, quality outdoor clothing, ect., unlike Timberland where the quality fell off the cliff 20 years ago, and people into hikng stopped wearing. When the north face became a trendy urban wear brand 15 years ago (as happened to Timberland 10 years earlier), they started also focusing on less technical wear, because that's where the money is. They also became imitated by brands like South Pole, which had a snow on the mountain logo, as the north face has. Both the north face and Timberland were bought by VF, as in Vanity Faire, which also owns Wrangler, Lee, Avirex, ect., which helps explain it.
By he way, I also agree with your "psudo-hiker" refernece. But, my observation was mostly inner city fashion; Timberland hiking boots and those leather Timberland jackets (and eight ball jackets) that became trendy around 1990.

I respectfully disagree. I through hiked the JMT twice with a similar shoe. Most long distance hikers don't have big clunky boots, they have nimble trailrunners. I personally don't want a waterproof shoe, because I want my feet to be able to dry out if I have to walk in water. I understand that some folks need support in a shoe. I've never needed it though, and you know what they say - "A pound on your feet is 5 on your back". Here's what I think are good qualities in a hiker (which are satisfied by these shoes):

Lightweight
Good traction
Breathable
Solidly, ergonomically constructed
Rubberized toe cap

clearanceman said:   That's a great point. These aren't really hikers, they are athletic shoes styled like hikers. Which is fine for wearing around. I like Avia, they don't tend to last as long as New Balance but are comfortable and light and actually run true to width unlike Asics whose 4E is more like a 2E. But a true hiker really should be waterproof. Some people hike where there is no water and then you could probably hike in these. I prefer at least some ankle support when I hike since I live where there are many unstable rocks. But YMMV, lots of people hike in low topped shoes.

I bought a pair of these 2 years ago - wore them almost everyday. After 2 years they wore out and I bought another pair at Kohl's on sale with coupon for approx same amount. I live in CO and while I would not use these in the Black Canyon of Gunnison with a loaded pack they are fine for casual hiking (size run true, lightweight and comfortable).

They went up a couple dollars, still a good deal. So weird, in the cart it reads Sale! $29.99. Then it shows the price of the item as $32.99 before the promo coupons.

Thanks MC. Bought three pairs in three sizes. Will keep the best fit and return the other two.

clearanceman said:   They went up a couple dollars, still a good deal. So weird, in the cart it reads Sale! $29.99. Then it shows the price of the item as $32.99 before the promo coupons.

just call them and bring that to their attention, they'll credit you back the difference.

It went back to $29.99 this morning. It did the $32.99 last night so I held off on a second order. Worked at $29.99 -30% for me at checkout this morning.

MISTERCHEAP said:   clearanceman said:   They went up a couple dollars, still a good deal. So weird, in the cart it reads Sale! $29.99. Then it shows the price of the item as $32.99 before the promo coupons.

just call them and bring that to their attention, they'll credit you back the difference.

Thanks, took 10 minutes because the lady didn't really understand but I got it done.

Back to $32.99 but still a great deal IMO.

deal is LIVE again.

MISTERCHEAP said:   deal is LIVE again.

Thanks, very satisfied with my original order and just ordered 2 more pair. Wide widths on comfortable shoes are not easy to come by.

any codes for non-Kohls charge people?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014