NRA Lifetime Membership $300

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There is currently an offer from the NRA for a lifetime membership for $300.

Offer is good for current and new members.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=ar15

I believe this had been posted before but it was originally supposed to expire at the end of February, I've read elsewhere that this offer has been extended till April.

Member Summary

NRA
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I am a bit "late-to-the-party" on this one, but I just used your link for the $300 membership. It was still open and too... (more)

drjones4 (May. 05, 2013 @ 2:41p) |

The long distance rifle range near me requires an active NRA membership in order to shoot.

HitLines (May. 14, 2013 @ 10:29a) |

bopc1996, you said that AARP is only $16 and has more benefits. Are you aware that AARP is STRONGLY anti-gun? I was an A... (more)

stangrrt (May. 25, 2013 @ 7:41a) |

$300 for a membership
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

zapy said:   Exactly how many criminals own NRA memberships? How many are NRA lifers? Nah, I didn't think so. Likely ZERO. Criminals will get guns for nefarious activities no matter what the law is. Bans will only make it a little harder but not impossible. Personally, I believe that if every american was required to walk around with a gun strapped to their ass the crime rate would be much lower. After all, there would be many more people able to stop the criminal and he'd likely think twice if he had a brain.

It's worked out just that way in states where citizens can carry without a permit. Like Vermont.

There is a city in GA that requires every household to own a gun and I think that the crime rate there is rather low compared to those which have no such laws.

nvr mnd

Some in another thread said they would give credit if you already had a membership. I'm signed up until 2019, I might call since maybe I'm halfway to the $300 already.

zapy said:   There is a city in GA that requires every household to own a gun and I think that the crime rate there is rather low compared to those which have no such laws.

Kennesaw,Ga there is also a town in texas... I thought I heard the other day.

Just a heads up, I signed up for this in early February and only received my membership packet last week. Seems like they were pretty back logged with new memberships. Don't know if they still are, but if you sign up, don't worry if you don't see anything in the mail for several weeks.

AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.

I will also say that it takes months to get your membership packet - signed up in Dec and got my packet a month ago.

This is a great deal.

CPAESQ said:   I will also say that it takes months to get your membership packet - signed up in Dec and got my packet a month ago.

This is a great deal.

Same here. I signed up in January and got the packet last week. I think there's been a huge surge in membership and it's approaching 5 million per Wayne's speech at CPAC last week.

Crank said:   Just a heads up, I signed up for this in early February and only received my membership packet last week. Seems like they were pretty back logged with new memberships. Don't know if they still are, but if you sign up, don't worry if you don't see anything in the mail for several weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. It would be really disappointing if that stupid magazine and the useless benefits get delayed.

foghorn19 said:   CPAESQ said:   I think there's been a huge surge in membership and it's approaching 5 million per Wayne's speech at CPAC last week.

There has been a big increase in membership for several reasons:

1) The NRA is trying to justify itself even though it only represents 4% of all gun owners in America.

2) The NRA has been running promotions basically giving free, or nearly free membership by giving gift cards with membership - so people are joining and then using the gift card and seeing the membership as free or nearly free.

There was a very interesting article in the wall street journal recently by Robert Baum, author of "Gun Guys: A Road Trip". He is a gun owner, and has a concealed carry permit. If you haven't read it, it's a very interesting article. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324162304578304000...

This is very balanced. My father in-law, an NRA member for decades, read it and is now realizing why people have such an unpopular opinion of the NRA, and how that label falls on all gun owners.

Regarding Lapierre's claims of expanded membership its a lie, actual membership has fallen and all the reason for a lower fund membership drive is to pay for the sponsering of the Texas Nascar race, they are not backlogged only understaffed as many have left the organization based on reports from those in the know about such matters, drivel from Lapierre and his ilk only go to show how many are leaving the organization in favor of better organizations like the Civilian Marksmanship Program and other well known. Reality is they are a dying organization on their last legs as many such as George H.W. Bush and many others have left. $300 is a waste of money and not a good deal if you will not benefit from it,which in this case as shown by the lack of responsivenes and afformentioned promise's of gift cards has shown

Why keep reposthing this its nopt a deal unless there a benefit which is provable,there is no known benefit to this, bad decision making.

bopc1996 said:   AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.

Think twice before you give your hard earned money to AARP...

PLEASE READ!

Regardless of how you may feel about the NRA and certain topics, they are the most powerful force we have in Washington and we need to support them just was they support us.

DesertWarden said:   bopc1996 said:   AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.

PLEASE READ!

Regardless of how you may feel about the NRA and certain topics, they are the most powerful force we have in Washington and we need to support them just was they support us.

I have nothing against the NRA. I just think that AARP gives you more"bang" for the buck.

As a new gun owner I've been thinking about joining but what does it do for me ? Yes, I might be a bit naive but its a reasonable question... Thanks

On the surface, it gives you a small voice regarding political firearms topics. Think of it as a political action committee on the surface.

Underneath, there are many programs available for firearms enthusiasts that the NRA provides and/or promotes. It's a blanket organization.

shorthairptr said:   As a new gun owner I've been thinking about joining but what does it do for me ? Yes, I might be a bit naive but its a reasonable question... Thanks

There are many benefits of joining. first off you receive $2,500 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership, which is insurance for your firearms. You also receive discounts through a variety of retailers and places of business. With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom.

In addition to other things I can't remember off the top of my head right now lol. Many local business offer NRA discounts. For instance, the place I get my oil changed gives me $15 off each oil change for being a member. Above all else though you are support the protection of your God given rights to protect you and your own. Join the NRA and support the cause.

Cheers!

DW

germanpope said:   Crank said:   Just a heads up, I signed up for this in early February and only received my membership packet last week. Seems like they were pretty back logged with new memberships. Don't know if they still are, but if you sign up, don't worry if you don't see anything in the mail for several weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. It would be really disappointing if that stupid magazine and the useless benefits get delayed.

:shrug: there's usually an article or two I find interesting in American Rifleman, YMMV, of course.

bopc1996 said:   AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.
really?
http://www.friendsofnra.org/Events.aspx?sid=23&sc=MI

you don't like learning about gun safety fine. You don't like shooting guns fine. You don't like discounted range fees and class fees regarding said activities fine. Just don't ignorantly thread crap. Just say you don't like guns and move on.

http://www.nra.org/nralocal.apex

buster2 said:   Regarding Lapierre's claims of expanded membership its a lie, actual membership has fallen and all the reason for a lower fund membership drive is to pay for the sponsering of the Texas Nascar race, they are not backlogged only understaffed as many have left the organization based on reports from those in the know about such matters, drivel from Lapierre and his ilk only go to show how many are leaving the organization in favor of better organizations like the Civilian Marksmanship Program and other well known. Reality is they are a dying organization on their last legs as many such as George H.W. Bush and many others have left. $300 is a waste of money and not a good deal if you will not benefit from it,which in this case as shown by the lack of responsivenes and afformentioned promise's of gift cards has shown

Please provide factual documentation or something reliable to back up your claims. I doubt you can, but we will give you the opportunity.

shorthairptr said:   As a new gun owner I've been thinking about joining but what does it do for me ? Yes, I might be a bit naive but its a reasonable question... Thanks

DesertWarden already covered some of the benefits you get from membership.

For me the biggest benefit is that they will fight against new gun laws so that we and future generations of Americans will still have the same gun rights we do today.

Anyone who joins should keep in mind to also donate to the NRA-ILA in the future. This the lobbying branch of the NRA.

cesidio said:   bopc1996 said:   AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.
really?

you don't like learning about gun safety fine. You don't like shooting guns fine. You don't like discounted range fees and class fees regarding said activities fine. Just don't ignorantly thread crap. Just say you don't like guns and move on.

LOL; I am US Army retired with 18 months as a Ranger. I just think someone is GETTIN RICH OFF of the common man's money. VP La Pierre makes a million dollars a year plus bennies.Several lower officals are pulling in 500k or more.If you are going to join any organization make sureyou know where your money is going.. I detect a bit of an anger issue. NOT a good quality for a gun owner.

germanpope said:   Crank said:   Just a heads up, I signed up for this in early February and only received my membership packet last week. Seems like they were pretty back logged with new memberships. Don't know if they still are, but if you sign up, don't worry if you don't see anything in the mail for several weeks.

magazines are still useful for long bathroom breaks at the office --- but that is about it for print media

$300 for a lifetime magazine subscription and some very minimal insurance benefits is not a hot deal

this topic keeps coming up because people want you to join a political organization --- that's all this is --- not a good deal at all

Forget the NRA. The group has been infiltrated by the same forces that are trying to ban our guns. That's why the NRA is so milk toast now and you hardly hear a peep from them when the gun grabbers are out in full force.

If you are going to be donating any money, give it to http://gunowners.org/ which is the legit organization defending our 2nd amendment.

I've been thinking about doing it just for the $2,500 in firearms insurance. I'm reasonably young, and I figure it should work out to well less than $10 a year to have that insurance for the rest of my life. I get another magazine to read on the crapper, and maybe a couple odd benefits here and there. The life insurances seems like a longshot for me, but if I was an active hunter with a family, well, you never know and easy extra life insurance is never a bad thing, especially the 25k benefit for law enforcement.

Seems to me if both insurance policies are valuable to a younger person, this is a pretty good deal outside of any political discussion. Almost a no brainer for law enforcement.

I don't see the NRA going anywhere.

bopc1996 said:   cesidio said:   bopc1996 said:   AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.
really?

LOL; I am US Army retired with 18 months as a Ranger. I just think someone is GETTIN RICH OFF of the common man's money. VP La Pierre makes a million dollars a year plus bennies.Several lower officals are pulling in 500k or more.If you are going to join any organization make sureyou know where your money is going.. I detect a bit of an anger issue. NOT a good quality for a gun owner.

This isn't a debate forum. What you do with you money is your issues... Take the deal or don't. If you don't like the NRA join the GOA or ACLU..or don't. Just don't air your laundry out here.

Cheers!

DW

DesertWarden said:   bopc1996 said:   AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.

PLEASE READ!

who's us? powerful how?

I think US are those that believe in the 2nd Amendment and the defense of the rights protected by it.

This thread is starting to go off track. I have let it slide, but would like to see it discuss the deal. Thank you

FWIW a yearly membership normally costs $35 a year, so after 9 years you will be coming up ahead with this lifetime membership for $300.

You could also sign up your children if you want them to be become NRA members as well.

Wow, protect our rights.

bopc1996 said:   cesidio said:   bopc1996 said:   AARP is only $16 and has more benefits.
really?

LOL. Some how I don't believe a word.

If you don't die but just become a vegetable, will they still honor the lifetime subscription?

best part of the freedom magizine is the page where they list news stories about defesive gun uses. kinda like a darwin award page every month

No one is out to ban second amendment, but NRA thinks everything does and have been doing a terrible job lobbying on stupid agendas.

Gun ownership should be more of a privilege than a 'right' that every hobos, gangs, and homies have.

I guess they are more interested in gun sales than people.

completing said:   No one is out to ban second amendment, but NRA thinks everything does and have been doing a terrible job lobbying on stupid agendas.

Gun ownership should be more of a privilege than a 'right' that every hobos, gangs, and homies have.

I guess they are more interested in gun sales than people.

lots of people are all about banning guns completly ... to think differently is nieve. book just out saying professor obama said he doesnt believe in private ownership of fire arms ... true or not i dont know. but there are a lot of ppl trying to ban gun a d gun rights. the nra fighys that.

really?

AARP paid $1.176 million to their last leader. They received $652,000,000 in royalties from insurance companies for the member referrals. They received $120,000,000 in ad revenue for ads in their magazine. Based on these numbers the members should not even have to pay to be a member. They claim 40,000,000 members.

Skipping 29 Messages...
bopc1996, you said that AARP is only $16 and has more benefits. Are you aware that AARP is STRONGLY anti-gun? I was an AARP member for less than a year; as soon as I realized they were huge supporters of almost everything I am against, (anti-gun, bigger government, more social programs, more Obama-Care) I cancelled my membership immediately. Stand for what is right, good, and decent, not what will get you the most immediate benefits! Don't sell your freedoms, earned with American blood, for a discounted hotel room!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014