• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Garmin - nüvi 5" GPS with Lifetime Map Updates and Lifetime Traffic Updates plus Friction Mount $129.99 at Best Buy. Free Shipping.

Link

Costco has the same model for $199.

This model is the #4 recommended 4.7- to 7-inch screen GPS by consumerreports.org.

Member Summary

Garmin - 2595LMT HD plus Friction Mount
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have no idea what the model number is, but I can tell you that it is a 12V DC plug on one end and a Micro-USB (or is i... (more)

ShamelesslyThrifty (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 12:08p) |

It used to take several programs, but at least it works (I have a 1495LMT). I've done my research and TomTom basically i... (more)

ImagineNoHell (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 1:40p) |

As usual, he who waits is out of luck!
I waited a bit too long to jump on this, and now I LOOSE!

sartor (Apr. 03, 2013 @ 9:58a) |

The friction mount sold with this is the generic U-shaped one that the suction mount attaches to, like the one pictures with the GPS unit, not the Garmin branded one.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Also, WalMart has this model as a refurb for $124.98, if you already have a dash mount. The better Garmin Friction Mount is $21.38 at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-11280-02-Friction-Mount/dp/B003...

Mount shows up as 22.15$ for me on Amazon.

I am a bit out-of-date with GPS prices (last I purchased one, it was like 500$+, and it was not nominally as slick as this one).

Are there better prices on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, or is it no different and I should just get one of these?

The GPS I had, my girlfriend spilled soda pop on it, and it was ruined. - E

Nice one.

$20 price drop to $130, free ship, +tax

Comparison with replacement model at

http://www.gpscompared.net/garmin-nuvi-2595lmt-vs-2597lmt/

Garmin's map/firmware upgrade process is notoriously buggy. But nevertheless this is a great unit. Thanks OP.

tabernaclesateventide said:   $20 price drop to $130, free ship, +tax

Comparison with replacement model at

http://www.gpscompared.net/garmin-nuvi-2595lmt-vs-2597lmt/

Thanks. I've updated the title to $129.99.

The summary post has the wrong mount picture posted. At least, it's not what comes with the GPS, going by BB's website. The mount posted in the summary is the better one (which I mentioned above).

Just got $21.72 refund. 149.99->129.99. Thanks tabernaclesateventide again!

Bought through ShopDiscover to get %5 CashBack and additional one year warranty.

I mistakenly created a new topic for this deal and included the following extra information that others might find useful.

Model: NUVI2595LMT HD KIT SKU: 7262178

Best Buy said: Find your way with this Garmin nüvi GPS, which features lifetime traffic and map updates for enhanced on-the-go guidance. The 5" touch screen and voice recognition offer simplified navigation.

PRODUCT FEATURES

nuMaps lifetime map updates
For City Navigator North America provides map coverage for the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands and the Bahamas with more than 8 million points of interest.
Backlit 5" color WQVGA TFT touch screen
With 480 x 272 pixels resolution offers a large, bright display for high visibility and simple control.
Text-to-speech and turn-by-turn voice prompts
Allow you to keep your eyes on the road while navigating with convenient voice guidance.
3D Traffic receiver
With lifetime traffic updates helps you avoid delays.
Voice recognition
Allows you to wake the GPS with a customized voice command and control the device with both hands on the wheel.
photoReal junction view
Offers advanced lane guidance to help you stay on course. Enhanced exit services let you know what is coming ahead.
Route planning
Automatically provides multiple routes to your destination, including the shortest route. Garmin Guidance 2.0 provides fast route calculations and address lookups.
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
With up to 2.5 hours of battery life.
High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
Enhances performance in heavy cloud cover, wooded areas and canyons, so you don't have to worry about losing the satellite link. WAAS is Wide Area Augmentation System.
Friction dash mount
With an antiskid base helps keep the GPS in place.
microSD card slot
Insert a removable media card (not included) containing additional map data or regional maps to expand your navigational ability.

Link to Amazon.com Reviews (more extensive and favorable)

Link to Garmin.com, understanding where this model fits in their fleet (FYI, this is the previous model of this feature set)

Direct Link to product page on Garmin.com

Garmin.com said: What's in the Box:

nüvi 2595LMT
Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bahamas)
Lifetime maps¹ and traffic² (indicated by “LMT” after model number on the box)
3D traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
Vehicle suction cup mount³
USB cable
Quick start manual

benben888 said:   Just got $21.72 refund. 149.99->129.99. Thanks tabernaclesateventide again!

Bought through ShopDiscover to get %5 CashBack and additional one year warranty.

I bought one last week and used my a Best Buy gift card that was burning a whole in my pocket. This sale got me $20 back as well.

dajabon said:   benben888 said:   Just got $21.72 refund. 149.99->129.99. Thanks tabernaclesateventide again!

I bought one last week and used my a Best Buy gift card that was burning a whole in my pocket. This sale got me $20 back as well.

Thanks for sharing. A useful feedback!

lenasmithho said:   dajabon said:   benben888 said:   Just got $21.72 refund. 149.99->129.99. Thanks tabernaclesateventide again!

Thanks for sharing. A useful feedback!

Yeah, I hope my post just before this one more than made up for this one's meager addition to the discussion.

Thanks!

I got mine today. It was very well-packed. I failed to notice when I ordered that the friction mount is not the Garmin one, but a generic one. The Garmin box (which is within a box, which box was within an outside shipping box) included a suction mount that can be used for the windshield or with the heavy friction mount.

I have this model ans use it daily as a professional driver in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area. The navigation works flawlessly, even in NYC where tall buildings can prevent GPS satellite reception (I returned a Magellan before buying this that just spun in circles whenever I went into NYC- LOL). The voice recognition works surprisingly well, about 95% of the time (follow directions carefully and speak a little slower and deliberate) and great when your in traffic, the bluetooth works well BUT vloume is low ahich other reviewers have noted BUT I didn't buy it for its BT capabilities...Lastly this is a GREAT deal (and not even "refurbished" like other sellers of this model in this price range) on and a GREAT model- Garmin's SECOND to their top of the 2012 model line. Most place are still selling this model for $179 lowest to around $199!

As an afterthought this model and similar are among the top rated curently in Consumer Reports. I would buy Garmin since they are still involved in manufacturing "glass cockpit" instrumentation for small aircraft and thus really understand navigation/GPS compared to ALL the other brands and considered by many (myself included)the best in consumer portable GPS navigation devices.

Thanks for the review panaguy. I am even more excited to start using voice commands now. Needs to read the manual some.

I wanted to point out that some of the reviews I read criticized the default voice which comes configured with this Nuvi. I agree, that voice is terrible! However, during the registration and update of the Nuvi I saw that there were at least 6 different English voices (America, Australian, and English accents) that could be added to this Nuvi. I added a bunch (by the way there is plenty of empty space on this, almost 3 GB free) and I find English Emily's voice to be great and she says the street names. I am very happy so far.

TiredOfTaxes said:   Garmin's map/firmware upgrade process is notoriously buggy. But nevertheless this is a great unit. Thanks OP.

While this is has been very true in the past Garmin rolled out new software earlier this month.
Garmin Express

I used it for the first time today to update my lifetime maps and found it to work light years better than the old method.

panaguy said:   I have this model ans use it daily as a professional driver in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area. The navigation works flawlessly, even in NYC where tall buildings can prevent GPS satellite reception (I returned a Magellan before buying this that just spun in circles whenever I went into NYC- LOL). The voice recognition works surprisingly well, about 95% of the time (follow directions carefully and speak a little slower and deliberate) and great when your in traffic, the bluetooth works well BUT vloume is low ahich other reviewers have noted BUT I didn't buy it for its BT capabilities...Lastly this is a GREAT deal (and not even "refurbished" like other sellers of this model in this price range) on and a GREAT model- Garmin's SECOND to their top of the 2012 model line. Most place are still selling this model for $179 lowest to around $199!

As an afterthought this model and similar are among the top rated curently in Consumer Reports. I would buy Garmin since they are still involved in manufacturing "glass cockpit" instrumentation for small aircraft and thus really understand navigation/GPS compared to ALL the other brands and considered by many (myself included)the best in consumer portable GPS navigation devices.

Thanks for this--this is really useful, especially as I do some driving in that area when we visit family.

How's the traffic compared to listening to 1010 WINS or 880 CBS in NYC?

I got this on Friday and updated all the firmware and maps immediately. I found the estimated time of arrival to be more accurate than my previous Garmin 1490 LMT.

I see a GPS with the same model number on BB's website for $199.99. Whats the difference between the two?

Nuvi 2595LMT

Sach said:   I see a GPS with the same model number on BB's website for $199.99. Whats the difference between the two?

Nuvi 2595LMT
The cheaper one includes a bean bag mount.

Nice find OP. I've been looking for a couple of Garmin GPS with lifetime maps and traffic.

What traffic cable model come with it? Is it GMT-60? Thank you.

Does this have the lane assist technology?

hunter00 said:   Does this have the lane assist technology?

Yes, it does. Please review the links previously shared to learn more about this. Link to Garmins Product Page for the NUVI2595LMT

pltvu said:   What traffic cable model come with it? Is it GMT-60? Thank you.

I have no idea what the model number is, but I can tell you that it is a 12V DC plug on one end and a Micro-USB (or is it Mini, I forget, the older one) ont he other end. The wire has a traffic antenna in it, so it is an all in one cable.

It used to take several programs, but at least it works (I have a 1495LMT). I've done my research and TomTom basically intentionally cripples the process so none of their units get working upgrades for long.

Garmin's rolling all the programs into one. Some bug reports but I think in due time the process will become a lot easier. I think they're really trying to fend off smartphones, which are decimating the stanadlone GPS market.

As usual, he who waits is out of luck!
I waited a bit too long to jump on this, and now I LOOSE!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014