Voting History
rated:
IdeaPad Y500 Laptop @ Lenovo - $799.00 after Coupon
was $1,299.00
Free Shipping!

Coupons
4DAYSDEALY500

Expires On (updated): 2013-03-27 23:59:59

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

IdeaPad Y500 Laptop
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's not a bad deal, but the MSRP is hugely inflated. Amazon has a Y500 with an additional 8GB of Ram, a 16GB Express Cache and a second GPU for SLI graphics and they show an MSRP of $1249 and of course sell it for less than the MSRP. I paid $1099 for that spec last weekend and the machine absolutely rocks, except of course for Windows 8 but it seems all the needed drivers are available if you want to downgrade to Windows 7.

Garp said:   That's not a bad deal, but the MSRP is hugely inflated. Amazon has a Y500 with an additional 8GB of Ram, a 16GB Express Cache and a second GPU for SLI graphics and they show an MSRP of $1249 and of course sell it for less than the MSRP. I paid $1099 for that spec last weekend and the machine absolutely rocks, except of course for Windows 8 but it seems all the needed drivers are available if you want to downgrade to Windows 7.

The touchscreen would definitely mind the downgrade to windows 7(If any)

rockymast said:   Garp said:   That's not a bad deal, but the MSRP is hugely inflated. Amazon has a Y500 with an additional 8GB of Ram, a 16GB Express Cache and a second GPU for SLI graphics and they show an MSRP of $1249 and of course sell it for less than the MSRP. I paid $1099 for that spec last weekend and the machine absolutely rocks, except of course for Windows 8 but it seems all the needed drivers are available if you want to downgrade to Windows 7.

The touchscreen would definitely mind the downgrade to windows 7(If any)

There is no Touchscreen.

All of the models I see on Newegg have the sli version, which this deal doesn't specifically specify, does anyone know if this has one or two discrete gpus?

filibusterman said:   All of the models I see on Newegg have the sli version, which this deal doesn't specifically specify, does anyone know if this has one or two discrete gpus?

This one has the single GPU. You can add a second GPU as an accessory for $229.

Second GPU Add On

Nice, the Y400 also supports dual-SLI.

Linky

I have been reading some forums and apparently GT 650M dual-SLI is about the same performance than a GTX 670M

really a great deal...

in for one. came out to be $874 after tax here in WA.
thanks

Garp said:   filibusterman said:   All of the models I see on Newegg have the sli version, which this deal doesn't specifically specify, does anyone know if this has one or two discrete gpus?

This one has the single GPU. You can add a second GPU as an accessory for $229.

Second GPU Add On

I would prefer a single GPU.

i have a spare ssd and thinking about replacing built in slow hdd with this one.
a couple of questions
1. Is there a way to transfer data between the built in hdd and my ssd?
2. would i need another Windows license? i don't know how Windows detect if it is a new machine or not
thanks

My Toshiba external hard drive came with an app to backup your pc.

I use that software to copy my entire primary HDD.

Afterwards I swap the main HDD for the SSD

Then I boot with the external HDD and let the app restore the entire system.

Instead of the $799 with

8.0GB memory,
1TB 5400 RPM hard drive
and DVD Recordable player,

wouldn't it be better to spend $200 more on the $999 model with

16GB memory,
1TB 5400RPM+16GB SSD hard drive
and and Blu-ray/DVD-RW player?

Either way this looks very tempting as a replacement for my 5yr. multimedia desktop that's hooked to my LCD TV. And this time I can take it along with me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014