• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HT-S3400 - 5.1-Channel Home Theater Package
- 110 Watts per Channel at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, FTC
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output, HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio
- Easy to Use On screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- HD audio decoding: Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for Loudness Correction
- Full-featured AV receiver coupled with a quality six-piece speaker set

{Link}

$249.00 in the Outlet Section
-$40.00: Club Onkyo (it is free)
-------
$209.00
-30%: Sale expires 3/25
-------
$146.30
-$10: for new Club Onkyo members
-------
$136.30 (shipping is free)

$370 at Amazon {Link}

I missed this deal the last time it was on here. Maybe some of you did as well.

Member Summary

Onkyo HT-S3400 5.1 Home Theater
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Cart View
Thanks Doldrums
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
GOT MINE TODAY... FIXED THE CENTER AN FRONT SPEAKERS AND THE SUB... AWESOME SO FAR... NOW i KNOW WHAT i WAS MISSING

greenearth (Mar. 28, 2013 @ 11:35p) |

Got mine yesterday. Quick and easy setup when I hooked it up to my 73" Mitsu. Not an audiophile but I can say that this ... (more)

princeton5927 (Mar. 29, 2013 @ 9:34a) |

Onkyo shipped mine using FedEx, with full tracking...great experience all way around. Thanks again, OP...best deal I've ... (more)

Nickerman (Mar. 30, 2013 @ 12:53a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is there a code for -$40.00: Club Onkyo (it is free)?

Is there a code for -30%: Sale expires 3/25 ?
Shows only 209 - 10 for new customer.

Edit: 30% code is SPGS

JadaBatawa said:   Is there a code for -$40.00: Club Onkyo (it is free)?

Is there a code for -30%: Sale expires 3/25 ?
Shows only 209 - 10 for new customer.
$209 is the price for Club Onkyo... so you are already getting that.

The 30% off was automatically taken off for me at checkout. If not, try code SPGS.

You won't see the final price until you are taken to "Step 2: Payment Information". You can see the price before you enter credit card info.

Passive subwoofer.
No deal for me!

Register any Onkyo products you have, and sweeten the deal... perhaps. I have two older products, and one qualified for 5 extra Onkyo Club points - giving me another 5$ off, so dropped total down to $131.XX. Small bonus none the less. Thx.

So what you guys think of this system? I was reading there were a lot of recalls and problems with the receiver before.
Need a smaller system for living room with hdmi connections

Looks like $136 shipped for me. Haven't pulled the trigger yet

Brother in law has this and we picked it up three years ago for around 300. So far the receiver has sound issues (cant switch to DD, stuck in some weird mode) and center speaker went out.

I bought this for a friend for $250.00 new a year ago and feel it was a steal. So for this price I'm thinking of jumping on it for no reason at all. IMO much better sounding than most HTIB's. That being said it is a wee bit boomy and can't hold a candle to a proper separately purchased system but your talking $500 bare minimum for something like that.

I'm tempted, as long as it's decent... I need a surround sound system for move soon-to-be finished basement (in progress).

Picked one up for $131.30 shipped. Nice deal...thanks OP!

~Nick

Is this still a good deal, though Refurbished ?

Nice, but prefer wireless rear speakers. Just my $0.02.

Amazon reviews indicate lots of problems, but I see that there was a recall and I wonder if this is a quality unit now, or still a gamble?

Everyone has to make their own decision if they want this or not. There are some down sides:
- passive sub
- wired
- Can overheat

But...
- I wouldn't expect an active sub or wireless for this price point.
- The 1 year warranty gives me confidence on getting a quality unit (at some point).
- Several have stated the quality is amazing for anything under $500.

Not trying to convince you to spend your cash... just sharing some thoughts (and letting everyone know about the 1 year warranty).

If what you need is a basic home theater setup, this looks awesome for the price.

Potential steps up would be something like this:

-Network receiver ($200) There are a few 5.1 network receivers available at this price point. For me, AirPlay would be a definite plus. For some folks a step up to an automatic speaker setup is worthwhile.

-"Good" speakers, such as Monoprice's Energy Take Classic clone ($250)

There's big price jump between $136 and $450. Worth the extra $300? An individual would have to answer that for themselves. A Roku or Apple TV provides as much or more network connectivity for under $100, and if you've got a smart TV you probably already have much of the network receiver's capabilities.

Much depends on expectations and existing equipment. If you've got a lot of older gear that would benefit from upscaling and want to minimize cables, a receiver that outputs other inputs over HDMI is nice. If you need wireless rear speakers, there are kits for that for anywhere from $60-$200+.

lol. dont really need it but in for one at this stupidly good price. can go in the garage or basement where kids play video games.

Reading a couple reviews, not sure if these newer batches were refurbished with the same faulty components or not.

At $136, I felt it was worth the gamble, any hope to hear good news from someone with more information on these refurbs and how they were repaired to address the design faults.

went OSS when I clicked on submit order button

ab2pk said:   went OSS when I clicked on submit order button

The next model up: HT-S3500 is $30 more. Might still be worth it...

JadaBatawa said:   Passive subwoofer.
No deal for me!

I've got this exact setup and it provides fantastic, deep base. I was actually very, very surprised. It seriously sounds nearly as good as my Denon/Boston Acoustics setup with powered sub.

got one.. thanks op

Does not show in the outlet for me. Anyone else see it?

Got one ..thanks ..i was doing lot of research on Home theater ..but all options to my likes are over $400 ..suddently saw this deal and pulled over without thinking as the price was too good to ignore @ this level ..fW bug bite me ..what to do ..Thanks OP

Damn, that was fast. Neighbor woke me up this AM to tell me about the large box sitting outside my door. I work nights, so I was napping after work, and USPS must have thought it would be fine to leave it unattended after not rousing me with a gentle knock. Wish ShopOnkyo would have listed tracking info. I had been checking the support page just last night, and early this morning, but all it said was "prepared for shipping" - which had just changed yesterday from "being prepared" (or something to that effect). So watch your doorstep, or listen for the bell, or have someone watching for you, if you happen to sleep, or work during the day. Now.... to my big package

Got mine yesterday. Fast Shipping..Set it up and looks and works nice for the price .Passive Bass is definitely a let down..but can't complain for the price .Good buy for $140

GOT MINE TODAY... FIXED THE CENTER AN FRONT SPEAKERS AND THE SUB... AWESOME SO FAR... NOW i KNOW WHAT i WAS MISSING

Got mine yesterday. Quick and easy setup when I hooked it up to my 73" Mitsu. Not an audiophile but I can say that this is probably the best $140 I have spent...been looking for a FW deal for a while and I am so glad I got this. Much love to the OP!

biosylum said:   <snip>Wish ShopOnkyo would have listed tracking info. <snip to end>

Onkyo shipped mine using FedEx, with full tracking...great experience all way around. Thanks again, OP...best deal I've scored in a LONG time.

~Nick

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014