• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Refurbished Samsung BD-E5300/ZA Smart Blu-ray Player @ Best Buy - $36.99 $31.99
was $89.99
Free Shipping!

Updated 3/27: Price drop $36.99 to $31.99

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Make sure you play this right away a few times. Got mine today. Two DVDs kept freezing.

Needless to say, it's going back... (more)

Usorry (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 6:33p) |

How do you get Redbox on this unit?
Thanks.

lxjing (Apr. 03, 2013 @ 2:01p) |

you can't seem to add apps to this device...

wwon717 (Apr. 03, 2013 @ 5:56p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

One review and it is 1/5 stars, maybe not so great.

I keep seeing these for sale as "SMART" though Samsung does not list them as SMART and I have one, I do not believe it is SMART - I think SMART started with the next model up.

Reviews = This Product Sucks!

It's rated 4 stars on Amazon with over 120 reviews vs the one review on best buy's site. And it is a smart blu ray player with Netflix, blockuster, hulu,etc.

In for one

HDMI out only
Wired only
Do firmware update when you get it, and then "hard reset" according to Amazon review.

Netflix, CinemaNow, YouTube, Vudu, and Pandora.

in for one, not sure why since I have a smart tv...

Newest Bluray players like Sony take a USB thumbdrives. YOu can download MP4 files from youtube et al, copy then to
the USB Thumbdrive, plug it into the Bluray...select it from the onscreen menu and you can watch them one after the other
This is much better than taking the same files and burning them on your computer using a DVD burning sofware, buying DVD's.
THIS UNIT HAS NO SUCH USB INPUT TO DO THIS.

belgique said:   THIS UNIT HAS NO SUCH USB INPUT TO DO THIS.Specs say there's a USB port, owner's manual (pages 6-7) says it supports avi, mkv, wmv, mp4, mpg

i guess this is okay if you dont need wi-fi

belgique said:   Newest Bluray players like Sony take a USB thumbdrives. YOu can download MP4 files from youtube et al, copy then to
the USB Thumbdrive, plug it into the Bluray...select it from the onscreen menu and you can watch them one after the other
This is much better than taking the same files and burning them on your computer using a DVD burning sofware, buying DVD's.
THIS UNIT HAS NO SUCH USB INPUT TO DO THIS.

I have a BD-E5300/ZA in the closet, just checked - it HAS a USB port on the front.

in for 1...Thanks, now I don't need to buy XBOX Live!

I know some people have problems with Samsung Units (Especially Refurbs, but price is really good. In for 1 -Thanks

Warranty is only 90 days

In for one, I already have a wifi bridge and my wife has been harassing me to buy her a Blu-Ray player for our second TV so she can watch Downton Abbey while I watch It's Always Sunny

Beware, this does not have the Amazon app and thereby eliminating a lot of the freebees that we get from Fatwallet through Amazon. Also needs a wireless adapter

isaiahtwinters said:   in for 1...Thanks, now I don't need to buy XBOX Live!
Alright I give up. What does owning a BD player have to do with not needing Xbox Live?

dzer0 said:   In for one, I already have a wifi bridge and my wife has been harassing me to buy her a Blu-Ray player for our second TV so she can watch Downton Abbey while I watch It's Always Sunny

No one cares what you and your wife watch.

Xbox requires you to have an active Live membership to do things like use the Netflix app.

Raven69 said:   isaiahtwinters said:   in for 1...Thanks, now I don't need to buy XBOX Live!
Alright I give up. What does owning a BD player have to do with not needing Xbox Live?

User probably uses the Netflix app on Xbox Live. In order to use the Netflix app you have to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription, which is like $40-$60 a year (depending on whether you catch a sale). So, using this Bluray player to watch Netflix would eliminate the need for that extra fee.

fatalfury said:   Raven69 said:   isaiahtwinters said:   in for 1...Thanks, now I don't need to buy XBOX Live!

User probably uses the Netflix app on Xbox Live. In order to use the Netflix app you have to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription, which is like $40-$60 a year (depending on whether you catch a sale). So, using this Bluray player to watch Netflix would eliminate the need for that extra fee.

DING DING DING!

Bizatch said:   Reviews = This Product Sucks!
What are you talking? I see all the positive reviews everywhere.

I purchased one of these a few months back as a extra bedroom unit , and one thing nice is this unit does not have (a good thing) is the dreaded cinavia protection crap on it .

No 3D?

I own this player. I got it refurbished from TD.
First one didn't work so well. After the first week, would not connect to net.
Got a replacement and the second one works fine.

The worst thing about it is the remote.
You really have to press harder then normal on the buttons. The remotes from both units were like that.

A plus is that not only does it do hulu & Netflix but it also does Redbox!!

Green for you op!

Green for you OP.

Just purchased with gift cards I got from the BB used electronics repurchase deal posted a couple of months back on FW!

jeffc said:   dzer0 said:   In for one, I already have a wifi bridge and my wife has been harassing me to buy her a Blu-Ray player for our second TV so she can watch Downton Abbey while I watch It's Always Sunny

No one cares what you and your wife watch.

But a lot of people do care when someone post rude comments like yours.

If it does then it is definately worth the money. USB has no moving parts.

is this wireless??

what do you mean it does Redbox?? When did Redbox start streaming??

Not only Redbox does streaming ... there is a 1 month free promo ongoing now too

http://www.redbox.com/instant

Discover is 5% back at this merchant

god da.....n Redbox is jumpin in in the ring; they'd prolly be sucky like Netflix though who cannot really stream the good stuff!!Chinsurah said:   Not only Redbox does streaming ... there is a 1 month free promo ongoing now too

http://www.redbox.com/instant

In for 1, thanks OP

No Amazon Instant?

Order wouldn't go thru online - some generic error message. I called in, and they placed the order no problem over the phone.

Thanks OP!

Great find, OP! I bought this yesterday and price went down already. I just called BB Customer Service and got it pricematched!

Thanks OP. In for 1.

Skipping 5 Messages...
you can't seem to add apps to this device...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014