• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Trendnet TEG-S5g 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit GREENnet Switch 5 port = $27.99 - $12 promo code EMCYTZT3157, ends 3/26. Free shipping.

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Switch Image (9.96kB)
Thanks twarlabnor
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Have had the 8 port for almost a year now. Rock solid. Haven't touched it since setting up.

I was just looking this morning at the 8 port gigabit switches as my 5 port is full (and not gigabit). I was about to spend $27 or $28 for one, when this came across.

So I got all excited and bought two of them. Then, after I ordered I realized my mistake. Of course, it's not really 5, 8, or 10. If you connect this to a router, you lose one of the ports for that. If you then connect this to another 5 port, you lose that port. So, if I daisy chain this to another one (which is what I am going to do), I get 3 usable ports on the first one and 4 on the second one for a total of 7 ports, not counting the ones connecting the router and switches. With an 8 port switch, I'd get 7 also, so I basically just spend $4 too much for the same thing - the difference is I have two devices instead of 1 device - which does mean I can position them differently.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014