• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For ALL buyers (new acct is not needed) there is a special today only that is $20 off a minimum $50 order at:

www.rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com)

The code is SAVE20

Valid only on Marketplace Seller Items only it seems!!!!

Saw this elsewhere and thought to share here...

Rakuten.com Shopping
Need a Rakuten.com Shopping coupon that earns Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

$20 off $50 order from Marketplace
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hot, just need to know what to buy.
Last time was battery, this time?

Doesnt work on apple TV!!!

starcrossed said:   Doesnt work on apple TV!!!

Try seeing if another vendor carries it for it cannot be one sold by Rakuten - must be a "Marketplace" vendor only!

starcrossed said:   Doesnt work on apple TV!!! be sure the seller isn't "Buy.com". Otherwise it should work.

Thanks OP

tougher said:   Hot, just need to know what to buy.
Last time was battery, this time?

Last time, couldn't find anything that was actually a deal. Just need to know what to buy. I've looked at flash drives, hard drives, and other computer accessories/peripherals and haven't found anything where $20 off actually makes the purchase compelling. Any suggestions?

Just like Buy.com from 2000! It's .com all over again!

Is this a one time use only promo code, or can I use it multiple times for different orders?

Thanks OP. Last time the coupon code only worked on certain categories. This time the coupon code seems to work on all categories.

I got this last time and it is a nice little drive for a laptop that had a bad hard drive. $31.49 after coupon.

Western Digital Scorpio Blue WDBABC3200ANC-NRSN 320 GB 2.5" Internal Hard Drive - Retail - SATA/300

HHMM the link gets redirected wrong. Search for sku 217457740

Tried buying headphones ...

Klipsch Reference S4i In-Ear Headphones (Black)
Shipped by: World Wide Stereo
$52.99

and it claims "Invalid code."

I won't be trying again. Hate when my time is wasted. POS website. Thanks OP though. - E

zettler said:   starcrossed said:   Doesnt work on apple TV!!!

Try seeing if another vendor carries it for it cannot be one sold by Rakuten - must be a "Marketplace" vendor only!

There are only two vendors and I tried both. 15 off code applies just fine. 20 off code does not work

I was so excited but when I tried to check out I got

"Promotion Expired on 3/26/2013 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time".

10 minutes too late. Blame myself

I used the code twice ( 2 different accounts) with no problem. Make sure it's a marketplace item. You may have to drop down the "see all buying choices" menu. Pay attention to shipping. Got MLB 2013 and BIOSHOCK INFINITE for ps3 for $40 each. Thanks OP.

Thanks. I didn't know that Buy.com had changed names!

gloria7819 said:   Thanks. I didn't know that Buy.com had changed names!

Sometime in 2012, evidently Rakuten and Buy merged, seemingly with Rakuten having been the 'buying' side of the deal.

The idiots at Rakuten decided it would be much easier to keep the 'ever so easy' Rakuten name as opposed to the 'much harder to say and spell' Buy.

Rakuten:
3 syllables
7 letters

Buy:
1 syllable
3 lettters

Hence, the awesome website: Rakuten.com

I guess Rakuten stands for 'complicated rules over simple'?

jmdubya said:   gloria7819 said:   Thanks. I didn't know that Buy.com had changed names!

Sometime in 2012, evidently Rakuten and Buy merged, seemingly with Rakuten having been the 'buying' side of the deal.

The idiots at Rakuten decided it would be much easier to keep the 'ever so easy' Rakuten name as opposed to the 'much harder to say and spell' Buy.

Rakuten:
3 syllables
7 letters

Buy:
1 syllable
3 lettters

Hence, the awesome website: Rakuten.com

I guess Rakuten stands for 'complicated rules over simple'?

The decision was probably made in Japan, where they have no problem saying "Rakuten".

All kidding aside, it was probably not the best decision for the English-speaking markets. "Buy.com" definitely sounds like a friendlier site than "Rakuten". I didn't even know what country it originated from until I googled it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.