• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" Tablet - Android 4.0, 8GB, 3.0 Megapixel, Micro SD Card Slot, Wi-Fi - GT-P3113TSYXAR

"save $40.00 off (SKU 231104122) automatically on this product from datavis on Rakuten.com Shopping. One coupon per order. Order as many times as you'd like. Ends 3/31/2013."

NEW, not refurb.

It's not a state-of-the-art tablet, and yes it's Rakuten but there haven't been a whole lot of decent quality 7" tablet deals around here lately so I figured this was worth posting.

Specifications
  • Operating system: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • Display: 7-inch multitouch screen (1024 x 600 pixels)
  • Processor: 1 GHz dual-core processor
  • Internal memory: 8 GB
  • RAM: 1 GB
  • Memory expansion: microSD cards (up to 32 GB in size)
  • Cameras: 3-megapixel rear; VGA (640 x 480) front
  • Wireless connectivity: Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0
  • Ports: 1 USB 2.0 (host); 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, digital compass, light, proximity
  • Dimensions: 7.6 x 4.8 x 0.41 inches
  • Weight: 12 ounces
  • Battery: 4,000 mAh]

Member Summary

GT-P3113TSYXAR
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

exbat said:   
It's not a state-of-the-art tablet, and yes it's Rakuten

Many many years ago Buy.com was up there with Amazon. Then they quickly went downhill (similar to where Amazon is going with the CEO looking for used rocket engines in the ocean and everything on the site being sold by 3rd party vendors) but I am not familiar with their new name.

Based on your post it sounds like Rakuten is bad. Is it the same old Buy come with the one star rating at resellerratings.com?

From teh Googs, looks like Jelly Bean(android 4.1) updates were officially released in Feb., and of course the option to root and install Vanilla android is always out there. I doubt there will be any official android updates for this device as it's already over a year old AKA 60% MSRP. If you aren't looking to game or future proof, this is a nice little tablet.

I wish Buy.com had the 15x UR Sears double dip on it, I got 30x for buying and reselling one of these on CL last year @$249.

The tablet is on sale at BestBuy.com here for $179.99 with free shipping BUT has a low price guarantee which states -

"Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Low Price Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store. Here's how: If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you. On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.

So you may be able to get this shipped free (also available for in store pick) for the same price at a more reputable retailer.

Update: I checked Best Buy's fine print policy and this should work as Buy.com is listed as as one of the major online retailers -

major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and WalMart.com.

Previous to March 2, 2013, Best Buy did not match online retailers so this is a new policy.

Good deal. Bought one of those cheap Amazon tablets a while back to mess around with. Just doesnt cut it. Might head to BBUY later and try to PM. Not sure if they will with the new site name or 3rd party seller.

Link shows 179.99.

Lvscott said:   exbat said:   
It's not a state-of-the-art tablet, and yes it's Rakuten

Many many years ago Buy.com was up there with Amazon. Then they quickly went downhill (similar to where Amazon is going with the CEO looking for used rocket engines in the ocean and everything on the site being sold by 3rd party vendors) but I am not familiar with their new name.

Based on your post it sounds like Rakuten is bad. Is it the same old Buy come with the one star rating at resellerratings.com?

As I recall, Buy.com went down after the $50 mail-in-rebate fiasco.... a 2GB USB thumbdrive was sold at $50 and free after rebate.... nobody received the rebate as the third party company disappeared.... many of use stopped shopping at Buy.com after that

Sold out by the seller so marking as dead. Congrats to all who got one for $149.99.

exbat said:   Sold out by the seller so marking as dead. Congrats to all who got one for $149.99.

Well that makes the Best Buy price match moot. How many were they selling 3? I see they still have them only at $179 now. So it was pretty much a come on.

Lvscott said:   exbat said:   Sold out by the seller so marking as dead. Congrats to all who got one for $149.99.

Well that makes the Best Buy price match moot. How many were they selling 3? I see they still have them only at $179 now. So it was pretty much a come on.

Like Amazon, Rakuten has other merchants selling products on their site. Datavis sold out quickly (whatever quantity they had) so the $179 price you see now is offered by either Rakuten/Buy directly or another merchant.

Edit: WalMart continues to sell refurbs for $149.99 if that is of any interest.

This is live - but the coupon expired the end of 3/31 (today)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014