• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those who need one now.

Link

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping discounts that earn Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

WDBY8L0020BBK-NESN
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome price - two weeks after I just bought one (figures, groan).

OTOH I can just see my UPS guy drop-kicking a Rakuten.com box (I had Staples price-match Amazon, and the package came via Staples' own delivery. Staples seems to be a little gentler with their own packages). Mind you, for $110 I might take the chance on UPS. The price doesn't go that low very often.

Price History

It went down to 105 last month. But it def still a hot deal! Thanks OP!

Grab it quick! I have separate 1.5TB and 2TB and they seem to be stable. Would recommend.

FYI 5400rpm

wtfu said:   FYI 5400rpm

So. Fast enough my needs...

Can I open the enclosure and put drive in my laptop?

That's a negative.

These new USB 3.0 drives have some kind of adapter directly on the drive itself. At least this was the case for the 500GB USB 3.0 that I dealt with. There's a chance things are different with the 2TB drive. But in any case, the drive most likely won't physically fit in your laptop as most accept 9.5mm drives whereas these drives are something like 15mm.

The advantage that the 5400rpm drives have over the 7200rpm drives are that they use less power. In general, you can run a 5400rpm drive off a single USB port whereas the 7200rpm drives will require a Y-split cable to draw additional power off a second USB port. Many laptops are in short supply of USB ports so that is key point. This is the reason why I ALWAYS look for 5400rpm drives when I need storage space. With that said, some of the newer drives may be efficient enough to be fast and sip power so that you can have your cake and eat it too (but I don't know of any offhand).

hawkz said:   That's a negative.

These new USB 3.0 drives have some kind of adapter directly on the drive itself. At least this was the case for the 500GB USB 3.0 that I dealt with. There's a chance things are different with the 2TB drive. But in any case, the drive most likely won't physically fit in your laptop as most accept 9.5mm drives whereas these drives are something like 15mm.

It is only a negative when you want to void the warranty and put it in a laptop....
At this day and age I would rather use a fast ssd drive as the main laptop drive and use a external drive for other stuff

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.