• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Well the title says it all.
Link

Synology DiskStation 5-Bay (Diskless) Network Attached Storage DS1512+ for $765.99 at Amazon.com

Not quite as good as the expired Newegg deal but it's the best I've see in a while otherwise!

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Synology DS1512+
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Spend the money and buy this unit if you are looking for a NAS! I bought one of these the other month along with 5 3TB WD RED drives to put my entire dvd collection on and it has worked superb. Do not skimp on the hard drives!!! I have built and repaired computers for, what seems to be eons, and you will be a lot happier if you have to spend a few more dollars for the RED drives than you would be trying to save a tiny bit.

Worth every penny.

Oh and a huge plus is you can buy 2 expansion units for this device to give you 15 drives down the road! Now if only the wife would understand the geek in me NEEDS those units and some more bluray and dvd movies to put on them

Looks like the price has gone back up. Just checked and it's $799.99 again.

Hope those interested got it while it lasted.

too much $ for me. just built small unRAID system using old hardware. only costs were the new hard drives.

please stop confusing people. unRAID costs money if you want more than 3 drives. If you want 15 you would pay $119 just for the software.

Also, how much does a TRUE hardware raid card cost? Yea, you dont want to use built-in or software raid for a real raid system as the data can be lost if your motherboard dies. Most people also do not have extra computers just laying around to make a NAS out of. ALL computers use more power than the stand alone NAS does.

I build all my own computers and even looked at building a NAS but the price to build a GOOD one was almost the same as buying an already built NAS, especially if you want a large sized one. I love DIY stuff in the computer world but when it is something as important as data that you have to have, don't play around and try to save $100.

Seriously people, do your own research and pick the best solution for you. I wont trust my important data to software nor motherboard RAID just to try and save money.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014