• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You won't find any 8" tablets out there with better specs for less than double the price, if not more.
If you're a fan of the 4:3 screen format, which is more like a book and less like a candy-bar shape, you'll like this.

8" NextWay F8s Android Tablet - $99.99 Shipped FREE

Highlights

  • 8 inch Capacitive Touch Screen Display


  • Crisp 1024x768 Resolution - ideal for 4:3 format screens. (Same as Vizio 8" and Archos 80 Titanium, better than Coby Kyros 8")


  • Rockchip RK3066 Dual-Core Processor Clocked at 1.6Ghz per core


  • Mali-400 Quad-Core Graphics Processing


  • Support Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Wireless Protocols


  • Android 4.1 JellyBean OS


  • Dual Camera, Front and back


  • Support Mini-USB/OTG and HDMI


Searched first and didn't find it posted.

Member Summary

NextWay F8s
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I assume you mean 12V as in a cigarette port charger?
12V to 5V 3A Charger USB
USB to 2.5mm

Also wanted to update my impre... (more)

blacksheep2 (May. 22, 2013 @ 6:02p) |

You could also just get a straight 12V to 2.5mm charger.

http://dx.com/p/universal-car-cigarette-powered-charging-adapter... (more)

KuoH (May. 22, 2013 @ 6:26p) |

wow, Thank you Both! I have ordered a couple things to try, And, a case!

Redw000d (May. 25, 2013 @ 12:34a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bought 1

OP should note it ships from China (2 wks+) and no SSL on checkout. too bad, nice price.

themew said:   OP should note it ships from China (2 wks+) and no SSL on checkout. too bad, nice price.Pay Pal so not a problem.

In for one. Thanks OP.

Anyone have any experience with these? The specs on the screenshot look a little different than the listed specs (resolution, HD space). They might not have the device set to its max resolution on the screenshot.

make sure you crack an egg till you get at least a $5 off coupon. May have to find a filler item.

In for one too! Thanks

8GB Built-in Flash Storage

How does this compare to the Nexus 7 8GB? I ordered one of those as a $139 refurb last week from OneSale.

I'm wondering if this will fit into an iPad mini case. It's slightly wider. This one is 199.6 x 151.5 x 9mm. The mini is 200 x 134.7 x 7.2mm.

In for 1 with shipping insurance ($2). Paid via PayPal

Wish it had BlueTooth but at least the charge port is USB instead of proprietary (it may not come with a charger though - we'll see).

Watching the video, it seems quite responsive, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks OP
-HiAmp

in for one! wish me luck! thanks OP and fatwallet for helping me spend my money!

what did I read at the end? " ship in 3 days? or, arrive in 3 days? ... guess I get it when it comes!

Besides the support and warranty, another risk for those made-in-china/shipped-from-china non-brand tablets are their firmware. I am not talking about the firmware upgrading. I am talking about what the firmware actually does.

I bought a non-brand 8" epad a while back, one of the 1st tablet deals posted here. Then, people found that every time the users go online using that pad, all the traffic will be redirected to a mysterious chinese web site first. Nobody really knows what that web site does. But think about it, whatever you typed, user name/password/credit card #, will be sent to that chinese web site first.

i got a stylus for 0.99 as my filler, so I can use the $5 off $100 coupon.
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Capacitive-Screen-Stylus-Pen-For-...

Yeah, I just found a 69c filler.
cyberpitstop said:   make sure you crack an egg till you get at least a $5 off coupon. May have to find a filler item.

Anyone concerned about this from their payment & shipping page?

Custom Tax
A. Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are
the buyer's responsibility.

B. Please check with your country's customs office to find out if these additional costs will be prior to buying.

What is the coupon code for $5 off?

RobL said:   What is the coupon code for $5 off?

You have to crack eggs to get a coupon code.

nvm I see you sign up and click on the egg.

would you pick this over an ipad2 wifi that was used?

how do the camera compare?

ips screen?

battery runtime?

any benchmarks on 5ghz wifi?

In for 1. I really hope this thing is decent (been looking for a cheap tablet to carry in my computer store for customers).

I have not owned an Android product before, but this looks tempting to try. I do like to play some games, which I know can take up quite a bit of memory space. So, with only 8GB of internal memory, can games and other apps be moved onto the external SD card on this device, in order to free-up internal memory space?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

It should be doable if you root the tablet. An app like link2sd can move anything from phone memory to external memory. Without root, there is still app can move some but not all.

djan2000 said:   I have not owned an Android product before, but this looks tempting to try. I do like to play some games, which I know can take up quite a bit of memory space. So, with only 8GB of internal memory, can games and other apps be moved onto the external SD card on this device, in order to free-up internal memory space?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

themew said:   OP should note it ships from China (2 wks+) and no SSL on checkout. too bad, nice price.


As cyberpitstop pointed out, they accept and are backed up by paypal so no issue there and I always assume 2 weeks from china anyways. I think the more important part and what caught my eye after reading your post is that if you go way way down to the bottom of the page it says that returns are to the US so you dont have to deal with sending it to china if you have the need for a return which is sometimes a pain.

If anone has time to kill, read the parallel thread in the other forum. The OP there is a known shill for the cheap chinatabs and the treads ( including this one) are quite entertaining!

The company selling it has a blog about how to root the F8s, could someone already got the F8s try it?
Here is the link.

rigor said:   would you pick this over an ipad2 wifi that was used?

how do the camera compare?

ips screen?

battery runtime?

any benchmarks on 5ghz wifi?


Most of your questions are answered in the review linked to in the original post.

HiAmplidude said:   In for 1 with shipping insurance ($2). Paid via PayPal

Wish it had BlueTooth but at least the charge port is USB instead of proprietary (it may not come with a charger though - we'll see).

Watching the video, it seems quite responsive, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks OP
-HiAmp


Charges through a DC port, AC adapter provided.

nm. the product page shows it's 5v 2amp.

The statement about not being able to find the same item for at least double the price is not true. Here is an example:
Same tablet with 16GB of storage instead of 8 for $154

But this indeed is a good price. They are being dumped because a new RK3188 Quad core chip set is out.

Bought 2, thanks OP

screen brightness not up to par, list price is 129. PASS

vrokhlenko said:   The statement about not being able to find the same item for at least double the price is not true. Here is an example:
Same tablet with 16GB of storage instead of 8 for $154

But this indeed is a good price. They are being dumped because a new RK3188 Quad core chip set is out.


yeh I was gonna chop that part off but I was too lazy to mess with the comment more than I already did because it was close enuff to half price. I just pasted it pretty much how it was in other words,apathy ftw.

Op, please remove the review link, it's for the f8 model not the f8s which is different.

Also this Web retailer has a few bad reviews online and on its Facebook page. I actually ordered one 2 days ago, but cancelled it because of this.

This is still a good price for an 8 inch tablet

Aagiants said:   Op, please remove the review link, it's for the f8 model not the f8s which is different.

Also this Web retailer has a few bad reviews online and on its Facebook page. I actually ordered one 2 days ago, but cancelled it because of this.

This is still a good price for an 8 inch tablet


I did not even look at it just posted as it was so thank you for pointing it out I removed it and gave you green for noticing that.

The only reason I knew was I posted that review on SD and someone else noticed that it was incorrect

Looks like there is no 3G. Is there a way to connect external modem? I don't see a USB. It says "Support External 3G". Any ideas?

I really wanted one of these but geekbuying has some TERRIBLE reviews. I'm not sure if it's worth the risk for something I don't particularly need.

Skipping 77 Messages...
wow, Thank you Both! I have ordered a couple things to try, And, a case!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.