• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Lvscott said:   50 left. Just trying to keep this thread alive, but I don't know why.

Only 4 left.

Got 2 of 3 ordered yesterday. There seems to be "bubbles" or spots under both of the screens. This will probably cost a 20% fee as well as return shipping. Bummer what a rip.

Newrich said:   Got 2 of 3 ordered yesterday. There seems to be "bubbles" or spots under both of the screens. This will probably cost a 20% fee as well as return shipping. Bummer what a rip.

Thank you for letting us know for future reference. According to their return policy you shouldn't have to pay a restocking fee for defective merchandise. Whether they consider the bubbles a defect I don't know.

Can you describe them? Are they big, small, one, ten?

I for one appreciate you coming back and letting us know. You have saved us money in the future as I won't order one of these.

You might want to double check that. Mine had a second screen protector installed, which was what the bubbles were under. You can either peel it off or try and work the bubbles out if they're close enought to the edge.

KuoH

Newrich said:   Got 2 of 3 ordered yesterday. There seems to be "bubbles" or spots under both of the screens. This will probably cost a 20% fee as well as return shipping. Bummer what a rip.

so what are your impressions of the tablet?

Back in stock but now selling for $109.99, which is still less than anywhere else, I believe.

Are others receiving theirs? Not here in NY yet. I ordered on 3/19, received shipping notice on 4/3.

I received a shipping notice on 4-9 that had an Estimated Delivery Time of 15-30 business days.

Ordered on 4/1 and it still says processing. I was getting worried but now that a few people have stated it takes 10+ days to receive a shipping notice I feel a little better. 15-30 business days is crazy though after 10+ days of processing.

Placed order April 1, received shipping notice April 9 with tracking number and 15-30 day e.t.a. Now waiting patiently...........

suezyque said:   Are others receiving theirs? Not here in NY yet. I ordered on 3/19, received shipping notice on 4/3.

That's strange, I just got mines today which is exactly 14 days from the day I ordered. Would've arrived yesterday if USPS did not mistakenly route it to the wrong local office. BTW I live in NYC if that makes any difference.

blacksheep2 said:   suezyque said:   Are others receiving theirs? Not here in NY yet. I ordered on 3/19, received shipping notice on 4/3.

That's strange, I just got mines today which is exactly 14 days from the day I ordered. Would've arrived yesterday if USPS did not mistakenly route it to the wrong local office. BTW I live in NYC if that makes any difference.

You may have ordered when they still had U.S. Stock. There was a message posted that they had run out and new orders would be coming from China so delivery times had increased.

I ordered on 3/29 and tracking showed it shipped from Shenzhen, China on 4/3. However, they used DHL for my order and it actually got to me in the midwest on 4/5! In contrast, the Nexus 7 I ordered from 1Sale on 3/21 didn't ship until 4/4 from Florida with UPS and is still in transit!

If the price drops back to $100 or less, I might order a couple more. It's actually a very good tablet for the price. The display may not be IPS, but it's bright with good colors and viewing angles. It's very responsive compared to the Allwinner A10 tablets I've had in the past and runs nearly everything I've tried so far without any hiccups. The only app I haven't been able to get to work was Asphalt 7, which judging by the reviews, fails to run on other name brand devices as well. The only faults I'm finding so far is the weak speakers, which was to be expected, and the pre-installed screen protector. I wish they would've left it off for the user to apply so it could be bubble free.

KuoH

exbat said:   You may have ordered when they still had U.S. Stock. There was a message posted that they had run out and new orders would be coming from China so delivery times had increased.

lewisont said:   so what are your impressions of the tablet?

Apparently either no one bought it or it wasn't good enough for them to come back and say it was a good deal.

Lvscott said:   The time has expired but it is still $99.99 with 58 left.

I checked out another website (buysku.com) that had the same thing with a timer. I booked marked two of the items set to expire in a few days. Once the timer expired I checked them and they both were still the same price.

The F8 model of this tablet with the IPS screen and 16GB is on clearance for $115 shipped free at the same place. This is only $15 more than what the F8s was selling for on sale and only $5 more than the current price of the F8s. Most places are still selling the F8 for around $145.

Link

Has anyone else received theirs? It's been over a week since the last reported receipt. USPS system still shows the same April 9 notice of Chinese shipment for mine, with no US activity.

Mine finally arrived today. It was 31 days from the order date. Seems pretty responsive to touch. I've not really used it much yet, so can't comment any further at this point on quality.

suezyque said:   Mine finally arrived today. It was 31 days from the order date. Seems pretty responsive to touch. I've not really used it much yet, so can't comment any further at this point on quality.

your calander is broken that is 23 days not 31 the deal was posted march 29th. : )~

exbat said:   It's been over a week since the last reported receipt. USPS system still shows the same April 9 notice of Chinese shipment for mine, with no US activity.
Same status for my March 31 purchase.

For those still waiting, it looks like the shipping status does get updated once the order gets stateside. Just saw this update for my April 1 order:

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
April 22, 2013, 5:11 pm
BROOKLYN, NY 11256

I just got mine today nearly 30 days after ordering, will return and post impressions once I open it up...

EDIT: OK just opened it up, everything looked good, went to turn it on, nothing. When I tilt it from side to side it feels like the internal parts are sliding back and forth. GARBAGE. I have filed a PAYPAL dispute. What a giant waste of money.

Got mine in the mail today. Will review tonight.

I got mine a week ago.

I am torn;

I am VERY impressed by the chips.
This is my first android device. The speed is MUCH faster than my Ipad (1st gen.) Amazing that something that costs $100 today is several times faster than a $600 device I got just over 2 years ago!
I overall like Android a lot; it's fairly simple to use coming from multiple iOS devices, although I am a bit confused by the app installation and rights processes; I by mistake deleted the internal memory today, but it still thinks the app is on my machine, and I can't find an easy way to redownload all my "corrupted" apps; something that doesn't happen on iOS.
I do like the app store, though, as that it seems to allow a wider variety of apps; MAME was readily downloadable, and VERY easy to add roms to;

I REALLY like the way that I can just hook it to my computer and drag and drop files/video/roms/anything. Big improvement over iOS!

The negatives on this device:
Battery is... not good. Not good at all. Maybe 3-4 hours of video? (Haven't really timed it.)

That's fine for $100 device.

My big problem is that there seems to be small bubbles on the screen. A few days ago, a larger "defect" appeared in the middle of the screen; I'm wondering if the screen is actually made of plastic, as that is what it seems to be!
I emailed support, and they told me to remove the cover, but I'm pretty sure I removed whatever cover there was when I first got it. A few posts back someone described a "second cover"; I've been trying to "lift" whatever this plasticky thing is, but to no avail.

Regardless, if this truly is just another (very well adhearent) cover that can be removed, my opinion will be higher.

Overall, it's a nifty device for $100; I can't believe how far technology has come in just a few short years!
The defect in the screen is fairly inexcusable, though, but I will likely keep it for my 2 year old to watch Netflix and disney movies on; she loves her "baby ipad"!

Edit: so it was just a well adherent piece of plastic. Weird. I got it off, and the glass underneath looks great!

I'm impressed with this this; I guess that's the power that a free, robust OS like android brings to the game- it allows any electronics company to throw together some cheap electronics and have a fully functional tablet.

Negatives are still poor battery life and no Bluetooth- it would be nice to be able to connect a keyboard.

Regardless, unless you must have an apple, this will probably be a very nice, inexpensive substitute for a mini tablet.

JacksonX said:   I by mistake deleted the internal memory today, but it still thinks the app is on my machine, and I can't find an easy way to redownload all my "corrupted" apps; something that doesn't happen on iOS.

Ways to backup, from quickest to slowest:
A) Via apps: i.e. Titanium Backup
B) Full backup/recovery option: ClockworkMod Recovery (Haven't installed it but in theory should work with this)
C) Open Google Play, Select the first tab on the top right corner, click each app and reinstall.

JacksonX,
Have you tested the microphone? Mine is not sensitive at all. I have to fine the microphone and put my mouth right in front of it get my voice heard.
Maybe I need RMA it.

Thanks.

JacksonX said:   I got mine a week ago.

I am torn;

I am VERY impressed by the chips.
This is my first android device. The speed is MUCH faster than my Ipad (1st gen.) Amazing that something that costs $100 today is several times faster than a $600 device I got just over 2 years ago!
I overall like Android a lot; it's fairly simple to use coming from multiple iOS devices, although I am a bit confused by the app installation and rights processes; I by mistake deleted the internal memory today, but it still thinks the app is on my machine, and I can't find an easy way to redownload all my "corrupted" apps; something that doesn't happen on iOS.
I do like the app store, though, as that it seems to allow a wider variety of apps; MAME was readily downloadable, and VERY easy to add roms to;

I REALLY like the way that I can just hook it to my computer and drag and drop files/video/roms/anything. Big improvement over iOS!

The negatives on this device:
Battery is... not good. Not good at all. Maybe 3-4 hours of video? (Haven't really timed it.)

That's fine for $100 device.

My big problem is that there seems to be small bubbles on the screen. A few days ago, a larger "defect" appeared in the middle of the screen; I'm wondering if the screen is actually made of plastic, as that is what it seems to be!
I emailed support, and they told me to remove the cover, but I'm pretty sure I removed whatever cover there was when I first got it. A few posts back someone described a "second cover"; I've been trying to "lift" whatever this plasticky thing is, but to no avail.

Regardless, if this truly is just another (very well adhearent) cover that can be removed, my opinion will be higher.

Overall, it's a nifty device for $100; I can't believe how far technology has come in just a few short years!
The defect in the screen is fairly inexcusable, though, but I will likely keep it for my 2 year old to watch Netflix and disney movies on; she loves her "baby ipad"!

Edit: so it was just a well adherent piece of plastic. Weird. I got it off, and the glass underneath looks great!

I'm impressed with this this; I guess that's the power that a free, robust OS like android brings to the game- it allows any electronics company to throw together some cheap electronics and have a fully functional tablet.

Negatives are still poor battery life and no Bluetooth- it would be nice to be able to connect a keyboard.

Regardless, unless you must have an apple, this will probably be a very nice, inexpensive substitute for a mini tablet.

Their way of rooting was wrong. After moborobo installed drivers, their instructions let you leave it and run the root tool. The moborobe should SHUT DOWN.
Or the root tool would fail.

yangbin said:   The company selling it has a blog about how to root the F8s, could someone already got the F8s try it?
Here is the link.

I got mine on Tuesday 23rd and am not as disappointed as some folks but I have some comments.

* BlueTooth would've been nice for wire-free keyboard, headset, connection
* GPS would've been nice for map stuff and navigation uses among other things
* I hate that it doesn't charge from micro USB port. Now I additionally have to carry around a power block/cable wherever I take it
* The base 1 GB memory is WAY too small and fills up very quickly even when moving all "movable" apps to the aux 8 GB (5 GB usable for whatever reason) memory
* With installed MicroSD card, I can't figure out a way to use it for apps or to send pics/video to it. Seems it's only good for USB mass storage, but I could be wrong. Haven't had a ton of time to mess with it
* Picture quality from the cam is horrible and even worse in low-light, motion situations and there is no flash
* Mic is not very sensitive and sound quality isn't very good
* I haven't found yet a case and screen guard that fits the dimensions exactly
* There are quite a few Apps unavailable or incompatible to this device
* Power and headphone jacks are right next to each other and about the same size
* Power cable is way too short if you want to use the tab while charging
* Built-in sound quality isn't very good
* Battery life doesn't *feel* as long as they claim and charging to 100% seems to take a lot longer than it's been off the charger (in mild use)
* Android Mirror (control the interface from computer) does not work with it
* The polarized screen blacks out in wide mode when I'm wearing my polarized sunglasses
* The included earbuds are junk

Other comments
* It's a bit heavy for the size, but seems nice and sturdy
* Wi-Fi is maxed at 150 Mbps link and 2.4 GHz band only (not bad but could be better)
* If I had known about the IPS version for $15 more, before my F8 shipped, I would've done that instead
* Memory benchmarks are a little weird. Of the multiple types of tests, most come back with pretty low bandwidth, but the ones that are fast are surprisingly fast, in comparison to some other similar devices
* Haven't messed with the HDMI to HDTV yet but I'm glad it at least has that
* Display is good and good resolution. Not great but surprisingly nice for the price
* Same with "snappiness" of use, loading apps, doing web stuff. It's quite good for the price
* Even though the CPU speed is rated high and dual-core, it seems easy to push it to high percentage utilization, but it seems to handle it well
* Touch sensitivity and functionality, even with screen protector on, is smooth, nice sensitivity, and functional
* This thing is WAY more convenient than firing up my laptop even with SSD, for things like looking something up online real quick or surfing (if near Wi-Fi or hot-spot to my 4G phone), managing network and media device files, playing games, watching Netflix and other web media, going to the toilet with something to read/do, stay connected to the office and communication, remote-controlling another computer, monitoring surveillance IP Cameras, sending someone a doc/file, running terminal commands to networked devices, scanning nearby Wi-Fi, monitoring routers NAS and other devices, checking voicemail - doing email/FaceBook, and so on. And for its actual functionality in so many ways, and the convenience of it all, I'd say I'm pleased. And my son enjoys it.

I know it sounds like a lot of negatives and nit-picky stuff, but overall I'm quite pleased, especially for the price. Several others at the office like it too and are probably going to order for themselves.

Ordered mine on 4/1 and it is finally in the States (although far away) today. Hopefully I'll get it this week.

HiAmplidude said:   
* With installed MicroSD card, I can't figure out a way to use it for apps or to send pics/video to it. Seems it's only good for USB mass storage, but I could be wrong. Haven't had a ton of time to mess with it

That is a limitation of the Android operating systems. They have some really stupid people working at Google who think they know what is best for the end user.

Lvscott said:   HiAmplidude said:   

That is a limitation of the Android operating systems. They have some really stupid people working at Google who think they know what is best for the end user.

Nod. It worked fine with my Droid X hence the confusion. I can't seem to do that (with apps) on my Galaxy S3 either but it seems to default to save at least captured pics and video to the installed SD.

This F8 pad has a secondary internal memory that App2SD and others *see* as being an SD card that I can migrate some apps to, but it just won't let me send to the large inserted MicroSD. Oh well.

HiAmplidude said:   Lvscott said:   HiAmplidude said:   

Nod. It worked fine with my Droid X hence the confusion. I can't seem to do that (with apps) on my Galaxy S3 either but it seems to default to save at least captured pics and video to the installed SD.

This F8 pad has a secondary internal memory that App2SD and others *see* as being an SD card that I can migrate some apps to, but it just won't let me send to the large inserted MicroSD. Oh well.

You can try Link2SD. It does require root and the SD card to be partitioned. I use it for my Samsung phone. The problem lies with how the manufacturer chooses to mount the memory rather than an android issue....

I have been using mine for a couple of weeks, and hence have not reported back sooner. Overall I am very pleased. I have not rooted it.
The screen is not top notch, but very good. I left on the bottom screen protector layer and suspect the screen would look nicer without it.
Responsiveness is awesome for everything I've used it for (basic apps, surfing/email, plus about a half hour of Netflix).
Love the size and weight. It's not as big as my TouchPad, and that's mainly a pro.

I ordered the case as well, and am disappointed. The main reason for getting it with the tablet was in expectation that it would be a great fit. It looks like it could be used for the 9" tablet too so it's bigger than it needs to be and the tension on the adjustable tab does not secure it very well. I wind up removing the tab from the case when using it, which defeats the purpose of a case of this design. Am searching for a better-fitting replacement.

hello, well, this is my First tablet, so, I'm enjoying... I am not too good at searching, and, wonder IS there a site of help forums for this? I could learn alot I'm sure...

one thing I would like is.. a 12 volt charger... for traveling/camping, any suggestions?

thank you

Redw000d said:   
one thing I would like is.. a 12 volt charger... for traveling/camping, any suggestions?

I assume you mean 12V as in a cigarette port charger?
12V to 5V 3A Charger USB
USB to 2.5mm

Also wanted to update my impression: This tablet has major issue with battery drain during sleep. My tablet also makes a creaking noise on a particular part on the screen (probably weak glue or improper manufacturing oversight). My Pantech Element's cover fits well with this tablet (with some minor work of course).

You could also just get a straight 12V to 2.5mm charger.

http://dx.com/p/universal-car-cigarette-powered-charging-adapter...

KuoH

blacksheep2 said:   I assume you mean 12V as in a cigarette port charger?
12V to 5V 3A Charger USB
USB to 2.5mm

wow, Thank you Both! I have ordered a couple things to try, And, a case!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014