• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$80 - $50 rebate with free shipping

LINK

Available in Green, Gray, Purple, Red, Pink, Black, Orange, White, Yellow, & Blue

$50 Rebate Form

If you need Cat 6, price jumps to $50

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Any one ever use this cable? It doesn't look like it is solid copper. I believe this is stranded.

Kev

Haven't used it, but on the search results page it has the following:

"Features: Cat6 550Mhz UTP Cable AWG: 24 Conductor Construction: Bare Stranded Copper Flame Retardant Test: CMH Contact Gold Plating: 50u" Jacket Material: PVC RoHS Compliant: Yes UL listed: Yes ETL Verified: Yes"

I actually wish it was solid core.

I really cant see buying that much cable for making patch cables, when you can buy them pre-made at Monoprice for dirt cheap.

stanski1 said:   I actually wish it was solid core.

I really cant see buying that much cable for making patch cables, when you can buy them pre-made at Monoprice for dirt cheap.

A 100' patchcord costs $11 at Monoprice, so this is much cheaper. You can also use it in wall as long as you buy suitable jacks (such as the keystone jacks Monoprice sells).

I bought from an eBay seller. Cat 6 1000ft solid core with 100 ends and a crimper for $65 shipped. That was the best I could find and I have made a bunch of cables (wireless cameras didn't give me the FPS I wanted).

HRMHRMHRMHRM said:   I bought from an eBay seller. Cat 6 1000ft solid core with 100 ends and a crimper for $65 shipped. That was the best I could find and I have made a bunch of cables (wireless cameras didn't give me the FPS I wanted).

Do you mind sharing which seller you bought from? I am a bout to pull the trigger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160975606177?

His feedback was iffy for international and cheap electronics, but my cable was sent out fast and works well.

HRMHRMHRMHRM said:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/160975606177?

His feedback was iffy for international and cheap electronics, but my cable was sent out fast and works well.

It's CCA and thus NOT cat5e or cat6 per standards. Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) wire does not meet ANSI/TIA, ISO OR EN specifications and so should not be labelled as such.

Glad it works for ya, but I wouldn't use it.

i wish this was solid... maybe they'll carry solid soon.

All the cheap stuff will be CCA due to material costs. I didn't notice since it says "solid copper core" a few times. Since my runs are not that long (no where near 80 meters) I think they will be fine for me (Most just go to 10Mbs cameras and streaming media)

THanks for noticing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014