• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

LG Optimus Elite
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These are on sale at Radio Shack right now too and you can print a $10 off coupon, making them $40. Bought one this week for my husband, not a bad phone for 40.

Most people probably have taken advantage of this already, but this is the best phone you can swap your $25/month grandfathered Virgin Mobile Beyond Talk plan to, and keep the rate. I swapped my kids phones from Optimus V's last week.

gbuskirk said:   Most people probably have taken advantage of this already, but this is the best phone you can swap your $25/month grandfathered Virgin Mobile Beyond Talk plan to, and keep the rate. I swapped my kids phones from Optimus V's last week.

Same here. I swapped it out from the Optimus V as well. Kid was complaining the Optimus V was too slow. The feature that will most likely miss will probably be the quicksettings hotspot.

Went online spoke to supervisor, apparently any phone change now requires $35 plan

Went to Radio Shack, then BB where I tried to get the grandfathered rate. My account read "plan being discontinued". Called the 800 number, and was told very soon all $25 plans will be discontinued regardless if you change phones or not. Not really sure what to believe with Virgin Mobile anymore. $35 is still a great value, but I guess makes sense to get a better phone if I 'm forced to switch.

The "grandfathered rate" is a plan that people have been allowed to keep, who were at that rate prior to the rate increase last summer. There was a time since then, when some were able to start that plan new, but never through Radio Shack or Best Buy, only through the website. The point I made above, is that I and others have kept our existing $25 rate plan although we upgraded to this phone. With my two recent phone swaps, I started the swap online, and was instructed to call VM and speak to an assistant. I think they will usually charge $10 for a phone swap online, but since I initiated the swap online, I was not charged.

On sale for $49.99 again this week and Bestbuy.

bestbuy

Anyone doing the update from OV? $25 plan preservation still available?

Bumping this to see if anyone has tried a recent upgrade... before the deal disappears...

Did it online for the Mar 29 deal that OP posted. No problems with grandfathering $25/mo plan.

FYI - Was able to update both our phones no problem to Optimus Elite (from Optimus V) preserving the $25 plan.

FYI - These are back on sale at $49.99 June 9th to June 15th. BestBuy

I upgraded from Op V to Op Elite a while back with $25 plan. Very nice phone, really like it.

no WiFi hotspot?

daloser said:   no WiFi hotspot? Great phone and yeah, as far as I have found no Hotspot. Even Rooted, PDANet+ will only give me Bluetooth connection for my tablet access. If anyone else found the magic WiFi Hotspot fix, please post it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014