• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Nice price $439 Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB Unlocked GSamsung Android Smartphone w/4.8" Touchscreen & 1.4 GHz Dual-Core CPU!

http://1saleaday.com/main/

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB Android Smartphone
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

About the same price (+/- $10) from Amazon/eBay any day.

I would prefer to spend $100 more to get the new GS4...

Mulox said:   I would prefer to spend $100 more to get the new GS4...

So would I, except that it isn't currently available and will cost more than $539 when it becomes available ...

If you know of a better deal for something that is actually available please share.

No, you are right... but I guess timing is everything. I have owned a GS3 for 6 months now, so obviously I am eagerly awaiting the GS4. I was fortunate to have bought mine for $400... and that was 6 months ago. So that is why I am calling this deal "lukewarm" at best (in addition to it being available on Azon/Eby for same price or better). With the GS4 so close to becoming available, my frugal FW logic would tell me to:

1. Only buy a GS3 now if you can get it for half of what the GS4 will cost (assume $600), so my max spend would be $300
2. Or if you are willing to spend $450 or so, just be patient and get the GS4 for a "few bucks more"
3. Or I will gladly sell you mine for $350-ish when I upgrade to the GS4...

Just my 2 cents, I know not everyone will agree...

Any idea if TMobile wifi-calling is possible on this non-TMobile S3? Thanks.

What advantage is there of buying an unlocked phone? I want to get a GS3, and I can buy one for $99 and add it to my share plan for $30/mo. If I buy the unlocked phone, I still have to pay $30/mo. I'm sure I'm missing something; what is it?

jsfatw said:   What advantage is there of buying an unlocked phone? I want to get a GS3, and I can buy one for $99 and add it to my share plan for $30/mo. If I buy the unlocked phone, I still have to pay $30/mo. I'm sure I'm missing something; what is it? You're missing two facts:

#1) your $99 one is not unlocked. This one is and you can use it on any GSM carrier worldwide.
#2) you'll now have a 2 year contract instead of no contract.

If neither of those are important to you then you are right, it doesn't matter.

WiFi calling is covered (free minutes) on TM.

pureview said:   WiFi calling is covered (free minutes) on TM. It's not free minutes if you are on a pre-pay plan.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.