• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive @ Staples - $129.99 after Coupon
compare at $173.49
Free Shipping!

Coupons
32846 - $10 off

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Almost pulled the trigger on this one. Many bad reviews on Amazon. Changed my mind

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-Desktop-External-STCA400010...

Tax...

EthanWeisinger said:   Almost pulled the trigger on this one. Many bad reviews on Amazon. Changed my mind

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-Desktop-External-STCA400010...

Overall many more excellent reviews. Most bad reviews are lack of knowledge of the user. They are stating it does not work with Windows backup so don't buy it for that purpose and then give it a bad review.

Thanks OP.

I do not use Windows backup... but two out of three of this supposedly super drive failed within two weeks. They
replaced 1tb Hitachi drives that had run without problem for years (six of them). Of course now that Seagate
owns Hitachi am already reading where quality control has taken a drastic drop. Customer service is not good
with any drive company but Seagates is down in the 'horrible' area Maxtor was in for years. I still have a couple
of dozen of the old reliable Seagate ide 500G drives that am going to go back to. I repaired and built computers
for years and when retied almost discounted out these IDE drives....that would have been a bad move!!!

Just FYI, this doesn't go to sleep/power down/spin down like the WD My Book.

The drives run too hot in the enclosure. I take them out and the warranty appears good for the bare drive.

The page now says $139 after coupons not $129.

if you can snag a $25 off $75 coupon for a reasonable price this is still pretty good deal though...wound up getting a 3TB for $90 after coupon couple wks back

Same price at Costco.

thanks $10 off less than costco. got 1

LOL, my Dell desktop has a Seagate internal hard drive and it failed. Luckily it is under warranty.

mountainer said:   Same price at Costco.

Since when? The biggest I've seen at Costco is the 3T in this line for around the same price (though $99 on Black Friday).

Chris.

kmand said:   The page now says $139 after coupons not $129.

Add this coupon from OPs post and it brings it to $129 (but adds $7.80 tax for me for a total of $137.79).

Coupons
32846 - $10 off

mountainer said:   Same price at Costco.
Was 179 at my local costco today.

(Code used)

Thanks AmishBoy! Was on the fence as I had some rewards to use and your code sealed the deal. Appreciate that!

Code is used.

blackbullitt said:   Thanks AmishBoy! Was on the fence as I had some rewards to use and your code sealed the deal. Appreciate that!

Code is used.

Cool! Glad you got to use it!

What is the code?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014