• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CyberPower CP425G Standby Series 425VA 8 Outlet UPS @ Tiger Direct - $19.99 after Coupon & Rebate
compare at $39.99
Shipping adds $5.55
Expires On: Mar 30, 2013 11:59pm

Coupons
IYR86917 - $10 off

Rebates
$10 rebate

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

any way to avoid the shipping charge? - I see no store pickup option.

I went thru the checkout process. The price was 29.99 (after $10 savings) with 5.82 shipping. I applied the code and the price came up 29.99 + 8.82 shipping. Typical TD tactics.

This device is little more than a glorified surge protector, provides just enough juice to safely shut down your system when there is a power failure. If you are not sitting in front of the machine, safe your work and shut down immediately, it is of little benefit.

FatWalletTopDeals said:   CyberPower CP425G Standby Series 425VA 8 Outlet UPS @ Tiger Direct - $19.99 after Coupon & Rebate
compare at $39.99
Shipping adds $5.55

Coupons
IYR86917 - $10 off

Rebates
<a href='http://www.4myrebate.com/?oc=TD-8828'>$10 rebate </a>

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Trying to get this for your quoted price of $19.99 plus the shipping but cant. Can you explain how you got the $19.99 price?

brotherhpj said:   FatWalletTopDeals said:   CyberPower CP425G Standby Series 425VA 8 Outlet UPS @ Tiger Direct - $19.99 after Coupon & Rebate
compare at $39.99
Shipping adds $5.55

Coupons
IYR86917 - $10 off

Rebates
<a href='http://www.4myrebate.com/?oc=TD-8828'>$10 rebate </a>

$39.99 - $10 (coupon IYR86917) - $10 MIR = $19.99 + S&H + sales tax I guess.

Trying to get this for your quoted price of $19.99 plus the shipping but cant. Can you explain how you got the $19.99 price?

brotherhpj said:   

Starting price: $40
-$10 coupon code: $30
Sales Tax & Shipping: ~$8
-$10 Rebate: ~$28 shipped, including tax, after rebate

harthart said:   I went thru the checkout process. The price was 29.99 (after $10 savings) with 5.82 shipping. I applied the code and the price came up 29.99 + 8.82 shipping. Typical TD tactics.

Items: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $5.82
Coupon Discount: - $10.00
Sales Tax: $2.51
======================
Order Total: $38.32

& - $10.00 rebate = $28.32 final

must be you ...

shank said:   This device is little more than a glorified surge protector, provides just enough juice to safely shut down your system when there is a power failure. If you are not sitting in front of the machine, safe your work and shut down immediately, it is of little benefit.

I would probably just use this UPS for networking/phone/alarm devices for those times where the breaker just trips or very short blackouts. I'm not sure any modern computer can run this in a normal fashion.

sjelg said:   any way to avoid the shipping charge? - I see no store pickup option.

They have Inner Circle membership, unlimited free shipping for 6 months for $29.

Note that this supply is rated in volt-amperes and not Watts.

A typical computer power supply is rated from 350 Watts on up. Then add another 15 to 50 Watts for the monitor -- after all, if the power goes out and you can't see the monitor there's not much point in having the system on the UPS. Figure a 400 Watt load.

A typical switching power supply has a power factor of about 0.6. That means for a 400 Watt load there will be 400 / 0.6 = about 650 VA that the UPS must supply. It will be tough for a 425 VA UPS to supply 650 VA for more than a brief period of time.

Look for a UPS with a minimum output of 1 KVA if you want to run a system on it for any appreciable length of time.

This might also be good for protecting an HDTV or audio equipment.

In Florida, there are many instant outages that will turn off equipment suddenly. Then the power goes back on less than a second later. This would protect you against that and possibly save your electronics.

DrKlahn said:   Note that this supply is rated in volt-amperes and not Watts.

A typical computer power supply is rated from 350 Watts on up. Then add another 15 to 50 Watts for the monitor -- after all, if the power goes out and you can't see the monitor there's not much point in having the system on the UPS. Figure a 400 Watt load.

A typical switching power supply has a power factor of about 0.6. That means for a 400 Watt load there will be 400 / 0.6 = about 650 VA that the UPS must supply. It will be tough for a 425 VA UPS to supply 650 VA for more than a brief period of time.

Look for a UPS with a minimum output of 1 KVA if you want to run a system on it for any appreciable length of time.

I agree with most of your points. The exception being those of us that build our own computers have a very easy time finding switching power supplies that are north of .8 or 80% efficient. If you're buying run of the mill OEM bargain boxes, well, all bets are off.

MitchFlorida said:   In Florida, there are many instant outages that will turn off equipment suddenly. Then the power goes back on less than a second later. This would protect you against that and possibly save your electronics.
You are not kidding! I'm in Pensacola and Gulf Power here well, sucks. (If anyone here works for them, sorry to bag on your company ).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014