rated:

Member Summary

HP - Pavilion Sleekbook 14" Laptop
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

4 cell Battery ?

Beware, this is a terrible deal:

1) No optical Drive (ie, no CD/DVD drive)
2)Only a 4 cell battery (maybe get 2 hours battery time if you are lucky)
3) Older 2nd generation 1.5 GHZ core i3 processor (standard is at least 2.0 GHZ these deays)

I agree the speed of the machine and the failure to have modern batteries makes it a loser. Made the mistake of
getting a Lenovo with similar batteries, very short usage before charge needed. A Samsung bought at the same time
for $100 more amazes me for battery endurance...well over 3 hours is common.

Lenovo customer service is among the worse I have seen. They said it was normal for the computer to shut down
when battery inidicator hits below 45%. The Samsung keeps right on trucking until about 8%. Big difference+.

Really?
its an energy efficient dual core with hyper-threading, That means it has four threads.
the CPU scores around 2000 for its cpu benchmark on passmark.
which is about the same as the top of the line pentium dual core they use in notebooks these days.
Intel Pentium B970 @ 2.30GHz

If you need external dvd try one of these, most people don't use them.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135255R
For 24 bucks you get an Ssus dvd burner that you can use on many machines.

"No optical drive" is a huge plus to many of us. I can't remember the last time I used one, so I don't want to carry one around with me everywhere.

I'm on a 2cell asusbook and get more than 2 hours of battery life.

No optical drive with mine either and I think it is a plus. Makes this unit very light with less moving parts.

can we scrap out Win 8 and Install Win 7 on this. I know it might void the warranty, but just curious if there would be other issues

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014