10'4" Kayak and paddle $149 AR - Menards

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Menards has a 10' plastic Kayak with a paddle on sale for $168. Mail in rebate will get you roughly $19 back in store credit.

Link

Description Text

Member Summary

viper 10/4" kayak
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

Viper Yellow Kayak
Thanks GeorgeT
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Those hangers are a great find. Thanks for posting this to the forum. I have 2 kayaks that I store in the basement leani... (more)

GeorgeT (Apr. 06, 2013 @ 7:26a) |

Hey yoregano, was my post ok? I don't want to take up any extra bandwidth on this forum with unnecessary content.

GeorgeT (Apr. 06, 2013 @ 7:29a) |

I'd say you're up the creek without a paddle.

yoregano (Apr. 07, 2013 @ 9:41p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

any free shipping codes?

emmd2001 said:   any free shipping codes?

the actual page says not available online, store pickup only. Got a menards nearby?

Damn, great deal but no Menards in PA.

If this is the same model that they sold last year, because the bottom is so flat, the kayak will never track on a straight line, so with every paddle the kayak will turn. It's frustrating to use. If you're handy, you can rig up a fixed rudder to the bottom to counteract the constant change in direction with every stroke.

Opazone said:   If this is the same model that they sold last year, because the bottom is so flat, the kayak will never track on a straight line, so with every paddle the kayak will turn. It's frustrating to use. If you're handy, you can rig up a fixed rudder to the bottom to counteract the constant change in direction with every stroke.

Technically, not the same but functionally probably very similar. I haven't stopped by yet, but at this price it is very tempting....

Last year's thread

Aruba model

I would not worry too much about a flat bottom on a Kayak of this size. I have a couple Old Town Otters with flat bottoms and have no problem paddling around lakes and ponds. The great thing about a 10" kayak is the ability to toss it in the back of the station wagon which takes seconds. Anything larger and it would need to be up on the roof.

Some inflatables would cost you more than $150. For a hard shell boat, it's unbeatable.

the closest store is in Wyoming, ridiculous. will pass. thanks OP.

emmd2001 said:   any free shipping codes?
Why would you need a free shipping code? Just paddle it home...

GeorgeT said:   I would not worry too much about a flat bottom on a Kayak of this size. I have a couple Old Town Otters with flat bottoms and have no problem paddling around lakes and ponds. The great thing about a 10" kayak is the ability to toss it in the back of the station wagon which takes seconds. Anything larger and it would need to be up on the roof.

Some inflatables would cost you more than $150. For a hard shell boat, it's unbeatable.

A 10" kayak? Heck you can just throw that thing into your pocket!

LOL, I always get that wrong! 10 foot Kayak, not 10 inch.

Just got one of each color. Can't wait to try them out....thanks OP!

h31102u said:   Just got one of each color. Can't wait to try them out....thanks OP!

Sweet - I am hoping to get a rebate check this week to offset some of the cost of 2. Any initial thoughts on quality?

I've never kayak'ed before, so this will be a new experience! We live near a reservoir and wanted something not too expensive to try out to see if we like kayaking. I don't think you can beat the deal. We got the last lime green one (was the display). He wouldn't give any further discounts on the display one. He said menards would be losing too much money with the 11% rebate (he said they pay 155, and with the rebate it's already 150).

How do I attach it to my car? Hmmmm. Ropes?

musicmaster said:   How do I attach it to my car? Hmmmm. Ropes?

Something like this is probably best: Link

^ If you have crossbars that is.

mpc11 said:   ^ If you have crossbars that is.
You can edit your first post instead of making a new one.

Yeah you basically have to have cross bars on your roof. I've tried it without them and it's messy.
I bought two hangers per kayak to hang my kayaks on the wall. It's great because you can put the kayaks on your wall in the garage so they're out of the way.

If you don't have a roof rack...? Are there loops you can run rope through?

musicmaster said:   If you don't have a roof rack...? Are there loops you can run rope through?
you can buy a cheap foam block kit to mount on most car roofs;
http://www.walmart.com/ip/SportRack-Standard-14-Kayak-Carrier/15...
but I'd still highly recommend a conventional roof rack for regular use

yoregano said:   mpc11 said:   ^ If you have crossbars that is.

My original link double posted, so I edited post 2 so it wasn't the same. Is there a way to delete a post? Sorry for the newbie question. I searched, but couldn't find an answer.

mpc11 said:   yoregano said:   mpc11 said:   ^ If you have crossbars that is.

My original link double posted, so I edited post 2 so it wasn't the same. Is there a way to delete a post? Sorry for the newbie question. I searched, but couldn't find an answer.

Oh, okay. No, you can only edit posts. Only moderators can delete posts, and they’ll only do that if the contain inappropriate content (and someone alerts them). You could erase the entire content of a post, leaving only a period or say “double post” or such.

yoregano said:   mpc11 said:   yoregano said:   mpc11 said:   ^ If you have crossbars that is.

Oh, okay. No, you can only edit posts. Only moderators can delete posts, and they’ll only do that if the contain inappropriate content (and someone alerts them). You could erase the entire content of a post, leaving only a period or say “double post” or such.

Go it. Thanks.

caterpillar123 said:   Yeah you basically have to have cross bars on your roof. I've tried it without them and it's messy.
I bought two hangers per kayak to hang my kayaks on the wall. It's great because you can put the kayaks on your wall in the garage so they're out of the way.

Those hangers are a great find. Thanks for posting this to the forum. I have 2 kayaks that I store in the basement leaning up against each other and it takes up more room than I like. I often thought of brackets. This is going to be perfect and cheap! $5.68 each

Hey yoregano, was my post ok? I don't want to take up any extra bandwidth on this forum with unnecessary content.

I'd say you're up the creek without a paddle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014