• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sears Your Way Promo
Disclaimer
Heads Up! Free Shop Your Way Reward Points. Get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you redeem $25 or more in points expiring 4/16/13Heads Up! Get $20 back in points (20,000 points) when you redeem $25 or more in points
Members Only.

Did a quick search but didn't see this posted yet.

IN STORE: To redeem, print this email (see attachment) and present coupon at checkout.
ONLINE: To redeem, enter 9800620458319186 in the promo code field at checkout

Obviously you need to be a member and already have $25 in points but if you do, this is an extra free $20! Many people may have this many points if they used shopyourway code MEMBERS for 20% more points on a purchase recently.

www.shopyourway.com

Member Summary

Sears
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

gizmo (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 2:59p) |

Earlier the offer was $10 to add visa card for some, that I had done and received zip. But that was because I was follow... (more)

invisible (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 4:11p) |

Got this email with subject twice this week. "Keep your Points total growing. Get $20 back in Points" Different codes!

vickh (Apr. 29, 2013 @ 5:56p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sears
Disclaimer
I received a different offer: a point match.

SafetyDance said:   I received a different offer: a point match.

Safety,

did you have 25000+ points in your account?

MISTERCHEAP said:   SafetyDance said:   I received a different offer: a point match.

Safety,

No, I have ~18K. I wonder if that's why I received the different one?

SafetyDance said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   SafetyDance said:   I received a different offer: a point match.

Safety,

No, I have ~18K. I wonder if that's why I received the different one?

likely is, only people with balances of 25000 or more are getting the OP offer.

I have 19k and received the same point match offer as SafetyDance

Just be ready to talk to a CSR...

Did an offer a while back 'get 10,000 points if you redeem any points' and the points didn't show after a $10+ online purchase even after a few days. When calling, the CSR manually had to add them.

Maybe it's just me, but the Kmart/Sears system seems terribly messed up in general lately. Or I should do everything in-store...

Both codes says "This promo code has been applied for the maximum number of uses allowed. It is no longer valid" when i use. Is Sears selectively burning codes?

SafetyDance said:   I received a different offer: a point match.

Thanks so much SafetyDance; I punched this one in and it gave me a points match up to $100! I bought a tiller using the points from a TV I bought back in January, so I got an extra $100 in rewards points thanks to you. Much appreciated!

I got the same offer: redeem 25 in pts get 20 in pts, and I do have more than 25 in pts ....

Recently cashed out almost all my points (so MUCH fewer than 20000 in account)... and no offer.

edit: Update... received offer, but don't have enough points to redeem.

giselmey said:   Just be ready to talk to a CSR...

Did an offer a while back 'get 10,000 points if you redeem any points' and the points didn't show after a $10+ online purchase even after a few days. When calling, the CSR manually had to add them.
Did you redeem $10+ in points toward your purchase? The $10 free points are instantly used instead of reducing your points total. To get the full $10, I've had to redeem anywhere from $10.01 to $10.14 which results in a transaction credit of $10.01 to $10.14 but an actual points balance reduction of $.01 to $0.14.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   giselmey said:   Just be ready to talk to a CSR...

Did you redeem $10+ in points toward your purchase? The $10 free points are instantly used instead of reducing your points total. To get the full $10, I've had to redeem anywhere from $10.01 to $10.14 which results in a transaction credit of $10.01 to $10.14 but an actual points balance reduction of $.01 to $0.14.

Not quite what I experienced on successfully using this offer recently: I had 17 cents in points left when I used them to purchase an item online worth $10.83 or so, and it showed I used $10.17 from points -- then it showed under a $1 used from alternate payment (gift card)

labboypro said:   Recently cashed out almost all my points (so MUCH fewer than 20000 in account)... and no offer.

So if you have too little points you lose out on this offer, and if too many points then you do not get free points ($3, $7, $10 etc) to spend over a weekend that often happens weekly/monthly (from what we got in other thread)...

So between a rock and a hard place ...

invisible said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Did you redeem $10+ in points toward your purchase? The $10 free points are instantly used instead of reducing your points total. To get the full $10, I've had to redeem anywhere from $10.01 to $10.14 which results in a transaction credit of $10.01 to $10.14 but an actual points balance reduction of $.01 to $0.14.Not quite what I experienced on successfully using this offer recently: I had 17 cents in points left when I used them to purchase an item online worth $10.83 or so, and it showed I used $10.17 from points -- then it showed under a $1 used from alternate payment (gift card)That's the same as what I'm saying ... just that system auto calculated and used your total balance. If you want to override the number of points used, you have to enter at least $10.01 for the promo to work ($10 free points applied to purchase).

Maybe it's just me, but the Kmart/Sears system seems terribly messed up in general lately. Or I should do everything in-store...

I got the same offer but for me it deducted automatically only overage from $10 from my points.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   invisible said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Did you redeem $10+ in points toward your purchase? The $10 free points are instantly used instead of reducing your points total. To get the full $10, I've had to redeem anywhere from $10.01 to $10.14 which results in a transaction credit of $10.01 to $10.14 but an actual points balance reduction of $.01 to $0.14.Not quite what I experienced on successfully using this offer recently: I had 17 cents in points left when I used them to purchase an item online worth $10.83 or so, and it showed I used $10.17 from points -- then it showed under a $1 used from alternate payment (gift card)That's the same as what I'm saying ... just that system auto calculated and used your total balance. If you want to override the number of points used, you have to enter at least $10.01 for the promo to work ($10 free points applied to purchase).

You mentioned "had to redeem anywhere from $10.01 to $10.14" where I had to redeem only 17 cents, and it showed as if it was using $10.17 but afterwards not at the redemption screen. Perhaps you meant the same thing. Moot point.

Other gripe I have is using the online SYWR coupons in coupons section that you can supposedly "load" up in the account ahead of time, several dozens of them and they supposedly are to get applied automatically on purchase, but for me it almost always shows some errors of in-applicability due to one or the other reason, some of those surely seemed like erroneous rejection buy their system but I am loathe to call up and argue about them so just move on

Where do you see the offer? I don't see either one

invisible said:   Other gripe I have is using the online SYWR coupons in coupons section that you can supposedly "load" up in the account ahead of time, several dozens of them and they supposedly are to get applied automatically on purchase, but for me it almost always shows some errors of in-applicability due to one or the other reason, some of those surely seemed like erroneous rejection buy their system but I am loathe to call up and argue about them so just move on

+1 or +2 when you are inside a Sears store because no cashier can view the coupons you have added into your SYW account. There is no guidance for terms so if you loaded many coupons you are blind.

Best chance when you are in a B&M is to print out these coupons the old fashion way and have a manager override the system when it does not work.

invisible said:   Other gripe I have is using the online SYWR coupons in coupons section that you can supposedly "load" up in the account ahead of time, several dozens of them and they supposedly are to get applied automatically on purchase, but for me it almost always shows some errors of in-applicability due to one or the other reason, some of those surely seemed like erroneous rejection buy their system but I am loathe to call up and argue about them so just move on

I've loaded at least a dozen coupons via the website and not a single one has EVER worked in store. I now only print them out and present them directly to the cashier. Those only work about half the time without some kind of intervention/override/hold-up-the-line-nonsense. The SYW program is either one of the worst "rewards" implementations ever, or it's an intentional scam. Given Sears Holding's LONG record of inappropriate behavior (and the MANY administrative and judicial penalties that they have been given), I'm guessing the latter. But, who knows... maybe it really is just incompetence after all.

labboypro said:   invisible said:   Other gripe I have is using the online SYWR coupons in coupons section that you can supposedly "load" up in the account ahead of time, several dozens of them and they supposedly are to get applied automatically on purchase, but for me it almost always shows some errors of in-applicability due to one or the other reason, some of those surely seemed like erroneous rejection buy their system but I am loathe to call up and argue about them so just move on

I've loaded at least a dozen coupons via the website and not a single one has EVER worked in store. I now only print them out and present them directly to the cashier. Those only work about half the time without some kind of intervention/override/hold-up-the-line-nonsense. The SYW program is either one of the worst "rewards" implementations ever, or it's an intentional scam. Given Sears Holding's LONG record of inappropriate behavior (and the MANY administrative and judicial penalties that they have been given), I'm guessing the latter. But, who knows... maybe it really is just incompetence after all.

I share the same experience. Haven't been able to use any of those coupons that i loaded from the deal center or the coupons that they emailed me for my birthday and membership anniversary. They always gave me some sort of error message. I tried their chat window to get help with the coupon codes but they had no clue. After trying several times with no go i just gave up.

labboypro said:   invisible said:   Other gripe I have is using the online SYWR coupons in coupons section that you can supposedly "load" up in the account ahead of time, several dozens of them and they supposedly are to get applied automatically on purchase, but for me it almost always shows some errors of in-applicability due to one or the other reason, some of those surely seemed like erroneous rejection buy their system but I am loathe to call up and argue about them so just move on

I was having luck with coupons until middle of last month. I have had several manual adjustments for offers that didn't work recently. I guess just move on from doing any shopping there except to buy gift cards.

In store is messed up, also Advantage is front desk can help if you get the right person....one complaint, they just handed me a 10 dollar gift card. One cashier told me they get a lot of people that just go off the handle. I think their model is obviously broken.

Do i look for email or messages at Shopyourway account?

Yeah I've done a couple of those redeem any amount get X points and they have never shown up. Too much work for a lousy couple dollars I'm not sitting on the phone over it.

I don't even bother with them any more.

alyosha said:   Do i look for email or messages at Shopyourway account?

I can see coupons from Kmart in the deals tab (probably similar on the Sears side) and there is a "my coupons" link in my SYWR account page and "load" to your account and print. They have tended to be different coupon codes from the Kmart and SYWR site and found it easier to print them all off in SYWR end after loading.

I only get emails if there is a bonus posted to the account (i.e. getting a random 5000 bonus award).

Again, but this is all if you want to have to complain when coupons don't work

I did this one, online order. Points showed up no problem.

alyosha said:   Do i look for email or messages at Shopyourway account?

Yes

kmsandrbs said:   I did this one, online order. Points showed up no problem.

When did you place your order and how long afterward did you get your points?

I placed an order w/ Sears.com on wednesday. no point reimbursement yet. I figured it would take some time but kmsandrbs has posted that points have already showed up. argh!

If you're like me and loathe sitting on hold on the phone during business hours, just send them an email at info@shopyourwayrewards.com. My points didn't add to my account after a day so I sent them an email with my rewards info, salescheck, return code, order date and promo code used, and they added the bonus points to my account by the next day. Very easy and they were nice about it to boot. Ended up getting an extra $100 I wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

radiation said:   I placed an order w/ Sears.com on wednesday. no point reimbursement yet. I figured it would take some time but kmsandrbs has posted that points have already showed up. argh!

In my experience, if the points don't show up within a few minutes, they're not going to at all. Please make sure you hold their feet to the fire. They need to know that their program is crappy... which gives them a chance to fix it. Or, if they don't, then we all know they're intentionally running a crappy program and can hold them accountable.

Both codes listed above would not work for me today "This promo code has been applied for the maximum number of uses allowed. It is no longer valid."

LOL. I am pretty sure that you would need the coupon in YOUR SYWR account and the OP is only posting to notify us that allowing your points to accumulate could be to your advantage get better offers.

ROTFLMAO -- If you read the thread, you will see that isn't what is being discussed.

Incredibledealmaker said:   ROTFLMAO -- If you read the thread, you will see that isn't what is being discussed.

I had the same coupon as mistercheap, but the coupon code from safetydance was a lot more valuable to me...$80 more valuable. It didn't take at first but was added with an email to SYWR.

Thanks clb4g9. I'll try that approach with my $250 purchase.

So have people who bought items at a Kmart or Sears store in person, not online, gotten the points immediately on their account? Sure did not work for me yesterday. Coupon scanned fine, but no bonus points shown on receipt or on sywr website today even though the $28 purchase (paid in full with points) is there. Thanks in advance for letting me know about your in-store experiences with this offer.

gizmo said:   kmsandrbs said:   I did this one, online order. Points showed up no problem.

When did you place your order and how long afterward did you get your points?

I purchased the items on 3/30, and the points showed up on 4/3.

Skipping 31 Messages...
Got this email with subject twice this week. "Keep your Points total growing. Get $20 back in Points" Different codes!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014