Torchlight II (on Steam) - $9.99

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Title says it all, an outrageously fun game.

Torchlight II on Steam

Member Summary

torchlight
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you like Torchlight, be sure to check out Path of Exile. I'm having more fun with PoE than I did with either of the TL games or D3, and it's free to play.

Green 4 you! I have a few friends that have been trying to get me to play; I think I can handle $9.99

game is also $9.99 direct from runic games (game developers) for $9.99 until August 8th. I personally haven't used steam before and not quite sure what the benefit of using steam is, since you have to install their software in addition to the game software.

jochoki said:   game is also $9.99 direct from runic games (game developers) for $9.99 until August 8th. I personally haven't used steam before and not quite sure what the benefit of using steam is, since you have to install their software in addition to the game software.

Steam is at it's core, a form of DRM; but not a terribly bad one. One benefit is the ridiculous sales they have a few times a year. You can pick up some great games on the cheap if you time things right. Steam will even tell you when a game on your Wishlist goes on sale. You can install the games on multiple PC's, but only run on one at a time. It generally likes to be always connected to the internet, but there is an offline mode that usually works fine.

Yes - Steam also handles all of your installing and licensing. So - if you have to re-install a laptop from scratch, no need to type in multiple 16 character codes every time, just go to steam - tell it to download and install. It's pretty nice for a DRM company.

jochoki said:   game is also $9.99 direct from runic games (game developers) for $9.99 until August 8th. I personally haven't used steam before and not quite sure what the benefit of using steam is, since you have to install their software in addition to the game software.

That's April 8th, so you don't have much time to decide

What's really great about Steam is that the game state is saved to the cloud.

Much to my surprise, after buying a new computer, I installed Steam and all my Skyrim characters were there.

Another nod for everything here - Path of Exile, Steam, and Torchlight II. Path of Exile is free to play and no crazy advantages to those who choose to pay to support the devs. Just cosmetic additions to your character or increased stash size.

I've also had a great deal of fun with Orcs Must Die (I and/or II).

Steam is absolutely a form of DRM. It offers nothing that couldn't just as easily be offered without DRM. It was a decision by Valve to design DRM into the platform. They certainly do offer some tremendous deals from time to time and each one should be weighed on its on merits. I for one will be waiting on a DRM free release of Torchlight 2 on GOG. I don't know if it will happen or not, but they did get the first game.

I think I'm in... Thanks, OP.

Note, as much as I dislike DRMs (I uninstalled steam), I like the license management factor.

Broke down and signed up for Steam to get this. Former Diablo2 addict.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014