• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung 32GB Water and Shockproof MicroSDHC Memory Card @ Buydig - $19.99
was $27.00
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Samsung 32GB Water and Shockproof MicroSDHC Memory Card
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Missed the most important 2 words in the title:

"Class 6"

Aren't they all water/shock proof? They are sealed solid state devices... Funny marketing gimmick.

SSi said:   Missed the most important 2 words in the title:

"Class 6"

Class 6 is good right? Granted it's not class 10, but most devices that use micro sd don't need class 10?

ZombieHunter said:   Aren't they all water/shock proof? They are sealed solid state devices... Funny marketing gimmick.

Water Proof/Magnet Proof/X-Ray Proof/Temperature Proof
Looks like my files will be secure.

devilboy215 said:   SSi said:   Missed the most important 2 words in the title:

"Class 6"

Class 6 is good right? Granted it's not class 10, but most devices that use micro sd don't need class 10?

Yes, Class 6 is good enough for everyday use. But when I swapped the Class 6 card to a Class 10 card in my Note2, I do noticed the apps that stored in the Class 10 card would load slightly faster.

From wiki:
Class 2 for SD video recording
Class 4 and 6 for high-definition video (HD) to Full HD video recording,
Class 10 for Full HD video recording and consecutive recording of HD stills
UHS Speed Class 1 for real-time broadcasts and large HD video files

Take this with a grain of salt, I took this from another board...

FYI Samsung discontinued the widely popular Samsung "blue" Class 10 MicroSDHC.
They replaced it with this Samsung "blue" Class 6 MicroSDHC.

Why?

This Class 6 and the other Class 10 have the same exact ratings (24MB/s read, 13MB/s write) and also perform identically.

These are the same Class 10 version, but rebranded to Class 6 so that they can come up with a new line, the Class 10 UHS-I "blue" line.

Can I pop this in the new Samsung Galaxy S4 without any problem?
Will it be slow for the phone?

phatkrazy said:   Can I pop this in the new Samsung Galaxy S4 without any problem?

It will work fine. Also, the S3 has had issues with reading SD cards for a lot of people. Not sure if the S4 will have the same issue. The only people who have received any real help from Samsung are those using Samsung SD cards. Otherwise, they just blame it on the card. For that reason alone, it's a good choice for a Samsung phone.

I looked into that a little because that would make sense - business is business!

Samsung says this card can read at up to 24MB/s. The new UHS-I class 10 one says up to 70MB/s Read (UHS-I Interface). The key part is having a device that supports UHS-I. On a standard device the class 10 would likely just slow down to the regular class 6 speed. If your device doesn't support UHS-I then there's no need for forking over the extra cash as this will do just fine.

SSi said:   Take this with a grain of salt, I took this from another board...

FYI Samsung discontinued the widely popular Samsung "blue" Class 10 MicroSDHC.
They replaced it with this Samsung "blue" Class 6 MicroSDHC.

Why?

This Class 6 and the other Class 10 have the same exact ratings (24MB/s read, 13MB/s write) and also perform identically.

These are the same Class 10 version, but rebranded to Class 6 so that they can come up with a new line, the Class 10 UHS-I "blue" line.

drodge said:   phatkrazy said:   Can I pop this in the new Samsung Galaxy S4 without any problem?

It will work fine. Also, the S3 has had issues with reading SD cards for a lot of people. Not sure if the S4 will have the same issue. The only people who have received any real help from Samsung are those using Samsung SD cards. Otherwise, they just blame it on the card. For that reason alone, it's a good choice for a Samsung phone.

I'm actually using my S3 with a sandisk class 4 32 gb micro sd and haven't had any issues (that I know of).

I never had an issue either till last week. Both mine and my wife's stopped working. I thought that too strange a coincidence, so I googled the issue and found tons of people on the phone boards with the same issue. If you have anything important on your card, make sure you are backing it up. You will definitely know if it happens to you, there's a big error message on the home screen saying it can't read the card or it's been removed.

I wonder if this is open to other countries like Australia and Canada. Thanks.

phatkrazy said:   Can I pop this in the new Samsung Galaxy S4 without any problem?

Unless you are from the future, how did you get a hand on Galaxy S4? Are you already thinking about sd card before you buy the phone? Lol!

drodge said:   I never had an issue either till last week. Both mine and my wife's stopped working. I thought that too strange a coincidence, so I googled the issue and found tons of people on the phone boards with the same issue. If you have anything important on your card, make sure you are backing it up. You will definitely know if it happens to you, there's a big error message on the home screen saying it can't read the card or it's been removed.

Take it out and try a dedicated card reader. I've had devices tell mne they can't read (or worse, needed to format) a card before only to pull it out, check it with a reader, saw everything was fine, BACKED UP THE DATA on the card and (only) then reformatted to return disc to "working" state. Then just reload the card, put it back into device and you're good to go.

docjoo said:   phatkrazy said:   Can I pop this in the new Samsung Galaxy S4 without any problem?

Unless you are from the future, how did you get a hand on Galaxy S4? Are you already thinking about sd card before you buy the phone? Lol!

S4 has been reviewed so SOMEONE must have one. Maybe even a member of this forum!

drodge said:   I never had an issue either till last week. Both mine and my wife's stopped working. I thought that too strange a coincidence, so I googled the issue and found tons of people on the phone boards with the same issue. If you have anything important on your card, make sure you are backing it up. You will definitely know if it happens to you, there's a big error message on the home screen saying it can't read the card or it's been removed.

just wanted to add that this happened to me as well, bought on black friday from amz after the pmed bb's $17.99 (no tax!), was working fine until a couple weeks ago, then up and died. fortunately it somehow "came back" long enough in my gs3 for me to get the files off, after that it was off to kb.sandisk.com to chat them and get them to rma it. still waiting on the replacement..

about this deal though, since i don't have a usb3.0/uhs-1 reader (at least, i don't think so, not sure how best to tell with built-in card readers like on laptops, i have an acer 3830tg), wondering if this $2 and a five-year warranty is worth swapping for the sandisk's lifetime warranty..

bugsie said:   drodge said:   I never had an issue either till last week. Both mine and my wife's stopped working. I thought that too strange a coincidence, so I googled the issue and found tons of people on the phone boards with the same issue. If you have anything important on your card, make sure you are backing it up. You will definitely know if it happens to you, there's a big error message on the home screen saying it can't read the card or it's been removed.

Take it out and try a dedicated card reader. I've had devices tell mne they can't read (or worse, needed to format) a card before only to pull it out, check it with a reader, saw everything was fine, BACKED UP THE DATA on the card and (only) then reformatted to return disc to "working" state. Then just reload the card, put it back into device and you're good to go.

I did that, but in many cases the phone still won't read the card. Mine is working at the moment, but it's happened twice and I don't trust it to not loose my data. Overall I'm a huge Samsung fan, but this is a major issue they are going to have to figure out.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014