• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Get $30 off a perfectly portable Geek Squad Certified Refurbished first-generation Kindle Fire, and you can pick it up at a store near you for free. Quantities are limited, so get one before they're gone for good! Note: This unit comes with a 90-day Best Buy warranty. In-store pickup is the only option for this item. Offer valid in the U.S. only. Includes Alaska and Hawaii.

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

kindle fire (23.40kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I wish you luck, donsanedrin.
Mine was picking up good Wifi signals right away after turned on.

pianoCM (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 8:21p) |

Got mine as well today.As everybody, mine was also shrink wrapped in the white box.It looks like new & working fine wit... (more)

yabadabadooh (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 10:16p) |

Yeah, I've spent quite some time testing out different ways of getting it to detect ANY wireless signal, and it just pla... (more)

donsanedrin (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 1:42a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

can't get to the BB page get:
This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
The incident ID is: 0.

Before posting this I was able to put the item in my cart and apply the discount. I didn't go through with the purchase since I got one the last time they had this special.

I now get an error saying the site is undergoing maintenance when I select "shop now". Don't know what is happening.

ETA: I tried again and after a couple of times I was able to put the item in my cart.

i finally got it had to pay with paypal it would crash trying to use cc. had to reload every page 4 or 5 times.

Looks like site is getting slammed, and their (BBY) stock is skyrocketing...Good deal on both (stock and the tablet).

Great deal, have a couple birthdays coming up in the next month, so ordered 2 for pick up after 4/10. Thanks OP for posting. Had to refresh numerous times and worked eventually with chrome.

Good find OP. This will be my 3rd one from Best Buy in 2 months. Got 2 $5 cases too. I tried PayPal but it didn't go through. A CC worked finally.

good find OP

What cases did you find for $5? The only ones I can find were marketplace items?

Thanks OP

Got one from CowBoom last time for $65... USB port was broken and it wouldnt charge right, so it went back. It was a nice device in some regard, but considerably slow compared to current models and a total brick. I think my OG Evo4G was a faster device.

Of course it's slow but really what do you expect for $70 or less?

My guess is these are all returns and I wouldn't trust "Geek Squad" to "certify" the date on the calendar. Just my two cents. And watch those 90 days.

cpabster said:   Of course it's slow but really what do you expect for $70 or less?

My guess is these are all returns and I wouldn't trust "Geek Squad" to "certify" the date on the calendar. Just my two cents. And watch those 90 days.

Tru-DAT!

Not bad for $70... Green

abbazaba2 said:   Got one from CowBoom last time for $65... USB port was broken and it wouldnt charge right, so it went back. It was a nice device in some regard, but considerably slow compared to current models and a total brick. I think my OG Evo4G was a faster device.

Is this similar to original nook color in terms of performance ?

Ordered one for pick-up... at least I have a couple days to decide whether to actually pick it up haha.

In for 2. Thanx OP.

Thanks in for one.

Thanks in for one.

In for one. Reading about the website was being slammed in the morning, I was thinking that there wouldn't be any in stock by mid-afternoon. But it still shows available for all my local stores with an availability date of 04/10

We have to register at CNET to buy one?
Anyway, got one.

This should mark the demise of the cheap Chinese tablets.

In for one ( through Google Chrome, has no way to process through IE )
XDA ROM flashing is the next step for this one!

didn't work for me, went through all of the hoops and couldn't add to cart when linked back to Best Buy from CNET

bummer...out of stock

It would've been nice if OP mentioned logistics involved in actually purchasing this kindle such as getting a coupon code emailed from cnet, etc.

received today, looks brand new. Very happy with it.

Can someone confirm that it shipped barebone, wrapped in the shrink wrap along with the usb outlet charger only.
There is no USB data cable in the package.

pianoCM said:   Can someone confirm that it shipped barebone, wrapped in the shrink wrap along with the usb outlet charger only.

Yep. That's what I got. Plus a little piece of paper saying where to find manual, etc... Item looked like new, charged quickly, seems snappy and feels like a quality device.

Deleted...dupl. post.

BuzzardGas said:   pianoCM said:   Can someone confirm that it shipped barebone, wrapped in the shrink wrap along with the usb outlet charger only.

Yep. That's what I got. Plus a little piece of paper saying where to find manual, etc... Item looked like new, charged quickly, seems snappy and feels like a quality device.

Ahh, forgot that little piece of paper
Thanks for confirming, BuzzardGas.
Mine has a few scratches and a little dent in the corner, not a big deal.

Just picked mines up as well. I had received conflicting emails this morning, one saying that there had been a delay in order arriving to the store. However, later that morning I received another email saying that it was ready for pickup.

As mentioned before, its in a barebones white box with just the power cable and a small paper. And I started it up, I usually have it charged before turning it on however the moment I connected the power cord it turned on by itself. So it starts up and I start doing the setup, but the device isn't detecting any wireless networks, so I can't really set up the device. I am trying to find troubleshooting tips to see what it could be about, I tried entering my wireless network manually, but its still not connecting. Something may be wrong because there's alot of wireless networks in my neighborhood and the Kindle Fire isn't detecting anything. The settings menu don't give you alot of flexibility.

I wish you luck, donsanedrin.
Mine was picking up good Wifi signals right away after turned on.

Got mine as well today.As everybody, mine was also shrink wrapped in the white box.It looks like new & working fine without any issues

Yeah, I've spent quite some time testing out different ways of getting it to detect ANY wireless signal, and it just plain doesn't. I remember the Best Buy webpage saying something like a 90-day Geek Squad service warranty, but I know they are going to fix nothing. Hopefully it has an actual warranty that allows me to do an exchange, or else I'll have no choice but to just return it for a refund. This device really can't do anything without it connecting online.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014