• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you happen to be looking for a well rated yoga mat, Sierra Trading Post has the Manduka PROlite Yoga Mat for $39.96 + $7.95 shipping with 20% off coupon code "ALGREEN3". I think the coupon code works for most items on the website, but it does apply to the yoga mat which is pretty good discount on top the site's existing discount. Amazon has this mat listed from $55-$75ish, as do most other sporting good websites.

There are also a wide 30" version and a long 79" version available for a little bit more, but still applicable with the coupon code.

The only downside is that Sierra Trading Post has very limited color section (1 or 2 choices), but if you don't mind the color and are just looking for a good, well rated, and durable mat, the price was the best I could find. If you are however on the market to get a few other things, there's a few coupon codes in this clearance and coupon forum from time to time that offers better discounts and possibly free shipping, but many of the latest listed codes seem to have expired.

I did happen to be on the market for a Bikram Yoga mat after snagging a recent Groupon deal in my area, so I picked up one of the yoga towels as well to use one of the other coupons which has now expired.

Just for your reference:
The mat was chosen was rated as a Top Pick based on this review for best yoga mats.
Also mentioned well on this review by consumersearch as a good alternative to the Manduka Black Mat Pro in that it's lighter, a bit cheaper, and comes with the same lifetime warranty. (information is referenced in the standard yoga mat review section of the full report)

To summarize, use 20% coupon code "ALGREEN3" for:
Manduka PROlite Yoga Mat for $39.96 + $7.95 shipping
Manduka PROlite Wide Yoga Mat for $47.96 + $7.95 shipping
Manduka PROlite Long Yoga Mat for $42.00 + $7.95 shipping

Member Summary

yoga mat
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Try coupon code ALGREEN3 instead, it seems to work.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

just as a note the staff summary coupon of ALSHINE3 didn't work on the yoga mats, so it doesn't seem relevant.

Yeah, the coupon didn't seem to work. It's still a good deal for these mats, but I can't make myself pull the trigger now that it's not ringing up at 20% off.

**Edit**: Coupon code "ALGREEN3" does work. If ALSHINE3 is a special Fatwallet promo, you guys better get to fixing it with Sierra.

(deleted. removed reply that was edited)

FWIW, even without that 20% off this is the cheapest I've ever seen a Manduka (I just recently started looking, so there may have been better deals in the past). I don't do yoga (yet), but I'm looking forward to trying this with my aerobics to cut down on impact. Maybe I'll be able to do crunches without killing my back now, too.

yeah, I recently scored a Groupon deal in my area for two months of unlimited bikram yoga recently, so I was on the market for a new mat and the reviews for Manduka seemed to be the best overall, mainly because of the lifetime warranty that Manduka offers. I was originally being very frugal and got the cheapest yoga mats that I could (~<$15), but over the past year, two mats have fallen apart on me, lots of shedding, and the buoyancy of the padding just started fading, so it almost felt like I was working out on the wood floor (ouch).

I'm getting the long one because it comes in black. Light colors show dirt too much.

In for a 79" long version for 49.95 shipped. What a great deal!

OP: What kind of towel are you using for bikram?

Great Deal. Anyone have a recommendation for a bag for this?

pimpkinchamper said:   In for a 79" long version for 49.95 shipped. What a great deal!

OP: What kind of towel are you using for bikram?

Based on reviews on Amazon and general reviews, I opted for the manduka equa yoga towel. Supposedly the manduka towel sticks better to the manduka mat compared to the well rated yogatoes skidless towel. I haven't personally tried them yet as they are still in transit. The towel was also available on sierra so the discount code also applied.

Because I'm a guy I opted for the long mat since it was in a darker color and got the blue long yoga towel.

Download the Sierra Trading Post Android app for free shipping. Limited time only. Does not apply to oversized, DirectShip items. Only valid on orders placed through the Sierra Trading Post App. No PayPal, BillMeLater, or GoogleWallet. See the app for more information.

While I see the portability of these mats, wouldn't something like these be viable alternatives, if it need not be portable?
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-9...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12673552
This one appears to be huge! 96x48
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11205973

???

osuuma said:   While I see the portability of these mats, wouldn't something like these be viable alternatives, if it need not be portable?
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-9...

From your comments I can only guess that you have never taken a yoga class. With the Harbor Freight 25x25 mat, your "down dog" will be interesting and for much of the class,
large portions of your body will be resting on the hard bare floor. Bringing a big foam child's beach mat into a crowed adult yoga class will not make you any friends either. A cigar may just be a cigar but a mat is not necessarily a yoga mat.

Delete

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014