• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Asus 15.6" Laptop with Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5Ghz processor, 4GB RAM and 500GB Hard Drive @ eBay - $399.00
was $469.99
Free Shipping!

Sold by Adorama via eBay
Specs:
  • Intel Core i5-3210M (2.5GHz, 3MB Cache)
  • 15.6" (1366 x 768) LED Backlit Display
  • Intel HD 4000 Graphics
  • 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
  • 500GB 5,400RPM Hard Drive
  • 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
  • Windows 8 Home Premium 64-Bit
  • 5.6 Pounds

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Asus 15.6" Laptop with Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5Ghz processor, 4GB RAM and 500GB Hard Drive
Thanks gamevader
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Asus
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good price, I paid and they retail for $600 normally.

same specs but with 8 instead of 7, I think it is exact same machine just different model numbers. Not sure, maybe warranty length.

Pretty sure BestBuy had the same (if very similar) deal just last week . Good deal non-the-less .

I have the older version of this laptop and love it!

Yes, this does look identical to the BB laptop on sale this week for same price, however no tax on this one, plus ebucks. Awesome price for a 3rd generation i5. The only thing I hate is Win8... wish they would offer a free downgrade.

What is the cheapest price on Win7 these days? Anything under $50?

Mulox said:   Yes, this does look identical to the BB laptop on sale this week for same price, however no tax on this one, plus ebucks. Awesome price for a 3rd generation i5. The only thing I hate is Win8... wish they would offer a free downgrade.

Once you install classic shell, it will be just like windows 7, only way faster. You can read about it here. Now, I'd be happy to take that $50 off your hands for you.

Just remember that whether you get it pre-installed, or you do it yourself...all laptops run much better on an SSD. I've purchased $245 clearance I-3 laptop and put in an SSD and it blows away an i7 for day-to-day tasks with a traditional drive. Most non-gaming and non-video-editing stuff is disk intensive, not CPU intensive. If you want a lot of disk space, get a hybrid drive.

Well the SSD advice goes for any machine. Most of what we do is I/O limited not CPU limited as you say. I've found the hybrid drives great value but nowhere near SSD performance. It's a trade-off if you really need to have a terabyte of space.

SOLD OUT!

I dropped an SSD and kept the 750gb drive by taking out the optical drive and replacing it with this:

http://www.newmodeus.com/

Works way better than a hybrid. Transfer the OS and programs to the SSD, and use the 750gb HD for storage. Works awesome! You would be surprised at how little you need an optical drive these days. I bought an external usb optical drive for $20 and have used it once in the last 6 months. Thumb drives, network file transfers, and downloads are really all I need to transfer files.

I guess this is all a moot point, OOS now.

Wow, they sold 960 of these.

websquirrel said:   Mulox said:   Yes, this does look identical to the BB laptop on sale this week for same price, however no tax on this one, plus ebucks. Awesome price for a 3rd generation i5. The only thing I hate is Win8... wish they would offer a free downgrade.

Once you install classic shell, it will be just like windows 7, only way faster. You can read about it here. Now, I'd be happy to take that $50 off your hands for you.

Thanks for the tip, although I am a bit skeptical as to how it improves the entire user experience. I will definitely check it out on my son's Win8 laptop first before buying.

Excellent tip on classic shell because YES you WILL hate Win 8 and that prog makes it close enough to 7 to make it totally worthwhile...woulda grabbed this if I was in on time...nice deal

Matrim33 said:   I dropped an SSD and kept the 750gb drive by taking out the optical drive and replacing it with this:

http://www.newmodeus.com/

Works way better than a hybrid. Transfer the OS and programs to the SSD, and use the 750gb HD for storage. Works awesome! You would be surprised at how little you need an optical drive these days. I bought an external usb optical drive for $20 and have used it once in the last 6 months. Thumb drives, network file transfers, and downloads are really all I need to transfer files.

That's really cool. Never knew such a thing existed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014