• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
I guess this was a price mistake and thus all orders are cancelled. I bet it will available on sale for 4.99$ next week.
dirty Staples tactics....

Did anyone actually get an order to go thru? All of mine were cancelled. They did promise to provide a 5$ coupon off a future order.

My order for 3 packages--which I placed fairly early in the day--was canceled also; the cancellation email read "At this time, the item listed below is not available for purchase."

Which is so not true: I was able to put the exact same item (same item number) in my cart at the that very moment.

I called the main 800 number to ask for an explanation. First excuse was that they ran out of stock and they don't do backorders on sale items. CSR had no explanation for why I could presently order the item online. She asked a supervisor who said they got 1000s of orders and ran out of the stock that was allotted to be sold at that price.

Terrible practice, I think....

bebe626 said:   My order for 3 packages--which I placed fairly early in the day--was canceled also; the cancellation email read "At this time, the item listed below is not available for purchase."

Which is so not true: I was able to put the exact same item (same item number) in my cart at the that very moment.

I called the main 800 number to ask for an explanation. First excuse was that they ran out of stock and they don't do backorders on sale items. CSR had no explanation for why I could presently order the item online. She asked a supervisor who said they got 1000s of orders and ran out of the stock that was allotted to be sold at that price.

Terrible practice, I think....
I don't get the OOS explanation either. FAR software, when they have it, goes OOS fairly quick and you know the item is OOS when it does happen. Not sure what is up with this item. The only time that usually causes issues is from 12:01 AM PST on Sundays until roughly 3-4 AM PST on Sundays. Their inventory system is down at that time and they do not decrement inventory stock for orders placed during that time.

If it wasn't so annoying, it's funny that their cancellation email says "At this time, the item listed below is not available for purchase." Aside from probably not being true, it shouldn't have any bearing on my order, since I'm not trying to purchase it "at this time"...I already ordered it and my order was confirmed!

Did anyone that ordered it for in-store pickup actually get to pick up their order?

mathfaster said:   tnbk said:   masmart phones676024 said: tnbk said:   Received email today that said item not available...anyone else get this?Did you happen to read the posts before yours before asking that question?

Darn smartphones...Did you happen to read my edit before you brought up the fact of my complete and utter ignorance...I'm sorry to have disturbed your busy life and thus causing you to point out my ignorance there of.....my apologies.......
Actually your edit was not there before I posted. Sorry you hadn't bothered to read the previous posts before posting your question and wasting my time. Actually it is all good as it confirms what I have suspected for a long time. Smartphone users generally just post away and rarely read previous posts before posting away. Confirms why so many threads have so many repetitive questions. Darn smartphones. Not that smart.

The smartphones are fine, the problem is what's reflected in the screen .

Their explanation is Bu11*rap!
They did NOT run out of stock since NOBODY got their order!
Rather , either
1. they have no idea about their inventory (I doubt this) or
2. they changed their minds about making this offer and 'screw the customer' attitude prevailed for short term gains and long term customer loss.

sloppy1 said:   Their explanation is Bu11*rap!
They did NOT run out of stock since NOBODY got their order!
Rather , either
1. they have no idea about their inventory (I doubt this) or
2. they changed their minds about making this offer and 'screw the customer' attitude prevailed for short term gains and long term customer loss.
Only saw one post (on that other) forum that their order shipped for the erasers. They ordered around 4:30 AM per their post.

I agree.. Both of my orders were canceled. BOOOOO.

Guess I'm not getting 10 of these shipped to store after all.

Dear EXCORIATORB,

At this time, the item listed below is not available for purchase.

Staples order number: XXXXXX

Date of order placement: 4/6/2013

ITEM # ITEM DESCRIPTION QTY

PAG-82028 CLEANING PAD,ERASER,WHT 00010

Your order has not been charged for this item.

What did one Staples exec say to another one regarding screwing over everyone with the Mr. Clean deal?

"That was easy."

---

Booooooo Staples.

After my order 3 days later they canceled my order and said too bad but thanks for choosing Staples. D bags they are.....

I recieved a cancellation order for these mr clean magic erasers, and still continued seeing them for sale , for several more days, afterward. I recieved everything else.
I actually wanted the magic erasers. I emailed Staples and accused Staples of using this as a teaser item , to draw consumers to their site , to make other purchases.
I know alot of people were placing orders for these, and i didn't feel that it was right for Staples to waste our time, knowing that this item was not available.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014