• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU and ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Motherboard Combo @ Newegg - $294.98 and $10 Gift Card
was $354.98
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU and ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Motherboard Combo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

COMBO
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

the next generation intel chip is coming out in June.
From Cnet

The combo is $1 cheaper at Microcenter currently, and a post on the the 'other' site shows it @ $265 on March 27th.

Granted, tax may play into this deal for some. Newegg does rock, but so does cash in my wallet.

Not a deal.
I just bought an I7 3770 (admittedly not K) plus Asrock H77M-ITX for almost the same from Amazon.
Mine is a lot faster than this lame "hot" deal

Not a horrendous deal, but heads up... MicroCenter currently sells the i5-3570k for $189.99 (http://microcenter.com/product/388577/Core_i5_3570K_34GHz_LGA_11... It has gone on sale recently as low as $169.99 there.

The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard is a fantastic motherboard. I use that in my main desktop computer with an i7-3770.

So at MicroCenter, the same deal would be $284.98 ($189.99 for i5-3570k and $94.99 for ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard).

coolVariable said:   Not a deal.
I just bought an I7 3770 (admittedly not K) plus Asrock H77M-ITX for almost the same from Amazon.

There's nothing to admit about not having a k processor. There are pros and cons of each.

The i7-3770 is marginally slower than the i7-3770k but it has virtualization extensions that the i7-3770k doesn't have. With an i7-3770k you cannot run 64-bit guest operating systems.

Where do you find $95 mobo deal in microcenter? It's showing $134.

http://microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_LGA_1155_Z77_...

mizzou0 said:   Where do you find $95 mobo deal in microcenter? It's showing $134.

http://microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_LGA_1155_Z77_...
mobo + select cpu =40$off
On their home page u should find it. Also, every week end they have additional discount for email subscriber
I had i3225 + asrock extreme 4= cpu 120, mobo 65.

FinancialAnalyst said:    With an i7-3770k you cannot run 64-bit guest operating systems.

Sure you can. It has VT-x, just like Intel's entire 1155 lineup. What it lacks is VT-d, which is much more esoteric. Sometimes called "PCI passthrough". It is used for mapping things like graphics cards, directly into the guest VM's address space.

coolVariable said:   Not a deal.

You have so much to learn....

This deal is not expired. I just got one for $294.98. This is the exact motherboard I wanted (best reviews on Amazon and Newegg) plus a better processor than the i5-3470 I was going to buy, for the exact same price that they were going to cost me separately. Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.