• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Consumer Reports on sale for $14.69 after code at Best Deal Magazines
Use Coupon code FATWALLET16 and FW CB for the sale price.

Best Deal Magazines

Best Deal Magazines
See Best Deal Magazines discounts that earn 8.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

consumer reports
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Best Deal Magazines Coupons:
    15CJ1005
    15% off any order (expires 10/5/14 10:00pm)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How'd you know my subscription was coming up for renewal with the July issue? Great deal...and thanks, CM!

PS. By the way, the total amount for my subscription was $16.79, excluding FW CB, after applying the code.

The wife has been asking for the printed version so this comes at a good time. Thanks!

I personally would rather go directly through the publisher and pay a little more (without the middle-man and possible miscommunication). The reviews on BBM are not so good, so based upon that and my gut feeling, think I'll pass. Don't want to get caught-up in a dispute between BDM and CR and myself, back and forth and never receive sub but pay for it. Thanks anyway FW.

Reviews on FW's own coupon site:

BDM Reviews on FW

BBB gives them an A- but I'm still not sure.

Resellerratings gives them a 2.17/10 out of 88 reviews. While there are several 5/5's the 1/5's bother me, thus their 2.17 rating and my concern.

Reviews resellerratings

In this economy, even at $16.79 and a possible loss, I can't take the chance on foul-ups. Also, I understand BDM won't allow any complaints on non-delivery for 24-weeks!

I don't know. Been ordering from BDM for years without incident. We gave up the print but thinking of it as this is a great deal.

gave up on this facade of unbiased reporting after
the baby seat and paint scandal they had

they blamed a "testing" vendor for inaccurate results

give me a break..............

here

I've also ordered from best deal magazines and have never experienced a problem. Not sure about that 24 week thing as I've inquired about my order as early as 7 weeks and they've always provided me with my status. Actually, my last order for Consumer Reports was through them and I had no trouble at all.

Fantastic magazine and a great price, THANKS!!!!!

Green for you OP. Too bad I missed it! Price is now $20.12 with discount Guess I'll wait for next time!

Subtotal: $23.95
Vintage Superstore Pays: - $3.83
Customer Order Total: $20.12

Go to the library. CR is free.

Bizatch said:   Go to the library. CR is free.

So are Blu-Ray and DVD rentals, and all books, and digital books, and audio books, and digital audio books... sometimes you just don't want to re-use the magazine other people, in various states of cleanliness, have been using.

Cost Before Code: $23.95
- Coupon Code: -$03.83
--------------------------
Up Front Total: $20.12

FW Cash Back = 12.5% = -$2.52

Total After FW CB = $17.60
- not as hot as under 15 but still a good deal. Please Update your Post OP as the price has changed.

I'm trying to research cars. The print magazine doesn't much matter to me, but online access to the CR website is vital, and I don't want to wait for several days. If I go through BDM to save a few $$, is there a delay in getting subscriber access to the website, or is it immediate ?
Thanks for posting this info if you know the answer.

gently said:   I'm trying to research cars. The print magazine doesn't much matter to me, but online access to the CR website is vital, and I don't want to wait for several days. If I go through BDM to save a few $$, is there a delay in getting subscriber access to the website, or is it immediate ?
Thanks for posting this info if you know the answer.

Access to the website does not come automatically with a print subscription. It's extra. Going rate, even though CR markets it as a "special rate for our best subscribers," is $12/year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.