Voting History
rated:
Logitech Harmony 650 - 5 Device Universal Remote for $33.99

LIST PRICE: $139.99
YOU SAVE: $106.00
DISCOUNT: 76%

http://tablets.itechdeals.com

Description:
The Logitech Harmony 650 makes entertainment simple again for you and everyone in your home. It replaces up to 5 other remotes, supports 5000+ brands, including devices you own today and add tomorrow. It is simple to setup online using your PC, with live customer support available. Bright color screen shows your favorite-channel icons plus commands for easy navigation. One-click activity buttons like "Watch a DVD" automatically switch the right devices to the right settings.
Specs:

*Color screen
*Replaces 5 remotes
*One-click activity buttons
*Guided online setup
*Supports 5000+ brands
*Intuitive design
*refurbished

Member Summary

Logitech Harmony 650
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Lost my old harmony and i am suffering without it and kids and wife are ready to kill me. Thanks OP

killeramit (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 9:06a) |

That explains why i found TWO brand new Logitech Harmony 550's for 30.00$ a piece in the WalMart clearance section in ea... (more)

loslonelyman (Apr. 10, 2013 @ 12:15p) |

I'll be the first to admit that their software could use some improvements. The bottom line is that you will probably o... (more)

classicmac (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 3:42a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

+ $4.99 shipping.

Newegg has sold this for less in the past, this model is only getting older. Harmony refurbs seem pretty hit or miss on condition (suppose that is the case with all refurbs), Amazon sells if for $63 new.

REFURBISHED !

(Mod Alert suggested title edit.)

TextKeep in mind that Logitec has suspended production of all remotes.
I would not be surprise if all tech help gets suspended soon or has already been suspended
These units are difficult to program. It uses confusing language.
I sent mine back with a letter and never heard from them again.
Buyer beware.

belgique said:   TextKeep in mind that Logitec has suspended production of all remotes.
I would not be surprise if all tech help gets suspended soon or has already been suspended
Buyer beware.

Logitech is currently supporting all Harmony products as usual.

For the programming... these are about as easy as it gets for a remote that supports "activities" or similar. I have gone through many universal remotes and Harmony is about as easy as it gets for this class of remote.

belgique said:   TextKeep in mind that Logitec has suspended production of all remotes.
Buyer beware.

Don't listen to this guy...rubbish!

Great remote and good price, but no info on warranty. Refurbs can vary a lot in quality. Anyone have experience with this site?

Buyer beware.

I already alerted the mods to the totally false statements listed and the FUD.

There is only one fact in there...they're just not happy with their purchase.

They probably didn't even call for support. I will admit they take a little bit of time to setup...but it's not confusing. Of course if you don't know A/V acronyms such as TV & DVR, you will have a tough time with the remote.

Been through two of these and both have been crap. The remotes will reboot randomly, and the stupid help/tutorial screen will never seem to go away. You'll be changing channels and all of a sudden "Welcome to Harmony!" or something similar. Do not want.

Reviews on this remote are not very good, I bought it for about the same price 2 years ago but returned it because of that. My 550 still works even if the digits are not visible . Hard to get away once you get used to these remotes!

TextKeep in mind that Logitec has suspended production of all remotes.
Buyer beware.

Your post is very accurate and what I experienced.

TheFinalProphecy said:   The remotes will reboot randomly, and the stupid help/tutorial screen will never seem to go away. You'll be changing channels and all of a sudden "Welcome to Harmony!" or something similar.

That is my experience with my Harmony 650 as well ... very frustrating ... but there are no other cost effective remotes that work as well as the 650 does when its actually working. If there is an alternative I'd be all ears tho.

Buyer beware.

Please stop posting the same thing over and over. We get it, you don't like the remote.

PepsiAddict said:   TheFinalProphecy said:   The remotes will reboot randomly, and the stupid help/tutorial screen will never seem to go away. You'll be changing channels and all of a sudden "Welcome to Harmony!" or something similar.

That is my experience with my Harmony 650 as well ... very frustrating ... but there are no other cost effective remotes that work as well as the 650 does when its actually working. If there is an alternative I'd be all ears tho.

Sorry to hear that. My 650 remote has worked great for several years. I only see the "reboots" when the batteries are low and about to run out of juice - never happens otherwise.

As for the deal, I'd stay away from a refurb from an unknown seller.

I bought two new ones that kept resetting......

Huge PIA!

TheFinalProphecy said:   Been through two of these and both have been crap. The remotes will reboot randomly, and the stupid help/tutorial screen will never seem to go away. You'll be changing channels and all of a sudden "Welcome to Harmony!" or something similar. Do not want.

This definitely was (and maybe still is) an issue with these. The problem is very simple and its sad Logitech hasn't addressed it properly.

The battery contacts are not as well designed as they need to be. Thus, when moving the remote the batteries can lose contact causing the device to reboot.

Solution: bend the contacts out a bit with a screwdriver.

This solution is only for those out of warranty. If you are in warranty contact Logitech and clearly explain that the battery compartment is too small.

kdn102 said:   TheFinalProphecy said:   Been through two of these and both have been crap. The remotes will reboot randomly, and the stupid help/tutorial screen will never seem to go away. You'll be changing channels and all of a sudden "Welcome to Harmony!" or something similar. Do not want.

This definitely was (and maybe still is) an issue with these. The problem is very simple and its sad Logitech hasn't addressed it properly.

The battery contacts are not as well designed as they need to be. Thus, when moving the remote the batteries can lose contact causing the device to reboot.

This solution is only for those out of warranty. If you are in warranty contact Logitech and clearly explain that the battery compartment is too small.

I tried this....This did not work for me.

kingdoodler said:   kdn102 said:   Solution: bend the contacts out a bit with a screwdriver.

I tried this....This did not work for me.

OK, I officially declare this device a piece of junk.

A big thanks to all of the owners for their input!

On A good note my 700 has been working properly for almost 2 years.

It is not easy...as others have testified. They are trying to sell this group of the company
You are misleading readers.

Add $5 shipping and tax. I'm already over $40 so I may pass.

I'm trying to stay away from Logitech due mainly to their aweful CS (forums, emails, etc). Most of my devices are Logitech so I have decades of experience with their CS and just had it with them this year. And while I don't have their remotes a good coworker of mine does. He loves it WHEN it works but ultimately after a month of using it decided to return it. He did tried other models but weren't too happy with the quality. I was considering a harmony since I can't find my TV remote but decided to go to eBay and just purchase the original.

I've been using their remotes for a long time now. I've had 4-5 different models and the 700 is the best. 650 is very similar to the 700. I think the 700 can control up to 6 devices compare to 5 with the 650, but that should be plenty. Most people have tv, dvd, amp, and cable. The 880 was the worst remote that I ever had. That thing crapped out on me less than an year and docking on the charger never really worked right. I've always bought my remotes new so I can't comment on the refurb. Before Logitech bought Harmony out, they had great customer service. Didn't someone else bought Harmony from Logitech recently?

This is a decent price for a decent remote. The LCD screen on my 650 recently cracked (casualty of an unsupervised child!) so I snagged one of these!

I also have a Harmony One, so I was familiar with the Harmony setup program. It is a little clunky but not a show stopper for me, and definitely not impossible to use! I have never had a reason to call them, so I can't speak to their CS.

My previous 650 was a refurb too, and it had no issues. I did experience the "reboot" problem that a few others have mentioned here, but I too believe that was due to the battery connectors. Mine would reboot after it was accidently dropped or bumped off the arm of the couch, it never rebooted while actually holding it and using it.

I have heard a lot of good things and a lot of bad things about the Harmony remotes, and after using them myself I really think it comes down to personal preference. Once setup the remote does everything I want it to and more. It controls all my devices and makes it easy for my wife and kids to switch between the DVR, Blu-Ray, and HTPC without having to use 4 remotes and remember what input the TV has to be on.

Even though Logitech wants to dump the Harmony line, I think someone will buy them. Either way, for $40 I don't think you can really find another remote that does all that this one will!

Buyer beware.

Maybe you just aren't very good at programming a remote? I picked up a refurb 650 a few months ago to replace a 530 I had for years before it died. Easy to set up and I haven't seen the reboot issue that has been mentioned. I'm sure there are some duds when buying refurb but mine has been great so far.

The 550 was a sexy remote, but mine died after 2 years. Once you program the remote and when you get a different model, there is very little programming involved because once you log into your account to program the new remote, it will take your existing settings and transfer it over. It's easy.

I've had very good experience with Logitech. I have a 550 and I think a 730 (or some 700 series). The latter died, I called they asked me to go through a few "tests" and then sent me a new one, no questions asked, simply told me to throw out the old one.

I also had a Logitech keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard had some issues with sticky keys. They sent a whole new keyboard mouse combo to me and didn't ask for a return of the broken one.

Maybe I was just lucky but the CS experience was outstanding.

gallymimus said:   I've had very good experience with Logitech. I have a 550 and I think a 730 (or some 700 series). The latter died, I called they asked me to go through a few "tests" and then sent me a new one, no questions asked, simply told me to throw out the old one.

I also had a Logitech keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard had some issues with sticky keys. They sent a whole new keyboard mouse combo to me and didn't ask for a return of the broken one.

The reason Logitech now needs to sell its whole Harmony brand ?

gallymimus said:   Maybe I was just lucky but the CS experience was outstanding.

belgique said:   It is not easy...as others have testified. They are trying to sell this group of the company
You are misleading readers.

Unless you have a crystal ball it is you who are misleading people

kdn102 said:   TheFinalProphecy said:   Been through two of these and both have been crap. The remotes will reboot randomly, and the stupid help/tutorial screen will never seem to go away. You'll be changing channels and all of a sudden "Welcome to Harmony!" or something similar. Do not want.

This happens when it is dropped and the momentum of the batteries pushes on the contacts.
Bending them back out always works for me.

My first Harmony 300 is still working, my second was not working out of the box and my 650 has died afer less than 6 months.

PepsiAddict said:   TheFinalProphecy said:   The remotes will reboot randomly, and the stupid help/tutorial screen will never seem to go away. You'll be changing channels and all of a sudden "Welcome to Harmony!" or something similar.

Known issue. It's because the battery isn't tight. I "reinforced" it by bending out the battery "spring" and putting a small piece of cardboard behind it and haven't had a problem since on 2 of them. The help screen will go away if you prevent the loss of power (reboot) from loose battery.

That being said I would NOT buy a refurb of any Harmony remote.

Lost my old harmony and i am suffering without it and kids and wife are ready to kill me. Thanks OP

That explains why i found TWO brand new Logitech Harmony 550's for 30.00$ a piece in the WalMart clearance section in early January 2013. I guess WalMart knew ahead of time of discontinuation/sale. I had been thinking/toying with the idea of buying a tablet with an IR emitter built in, guess it is now a certainty these two 550's will be gifts at Christmas time. Thanks for the info/links of the sale of Harmony/Logitech remote division, I missed that info when it was announced.

I'll be the first to admit that their software could use some improvements. The bottom line is that you will probably only use the software a couple of times to program the remote and it beats the heck out of manually programming codes in like the old style universal remotes. If someone knows of a better solution at the price point I'm sure many would be interested to hear it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10:30PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.