• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617001

Normal price is $39.99 use promo code EMCXSXL53 for $10.00 off.

I have one, using it with google voice without any issues and no home phone bill.

Member Summary

Obihai OBI100
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Obihai OBI100
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Google Voice is a bridge service and does not provide the caller ID name (CNAM). There is more information, including a... (more)

vadeltachi (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 4:30p) |

There is a tutorial for setting up free Caller Id on the OBi by adding a free Callcentric account. I wouldn't recommend... (more)

giqcass (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 7:19p) |

------------

MitchFlorida (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 5:49a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Have one of these with google voice as my home line. Love it. Good price too.

Got this thing for my parents, and they love it. Keep in mind however, that Google Voice is guaranteed free through 2013, however they have not yet announced whether or not it will be free in 2014 or not.

kpsmith said:   Have one of these with google voice as my home line. Love it. Good price too.

Me too, going on 2+ years right now.

bump, got a spare
I have a 110, got my daughter a 100, works great!
I take mine with me when I travel

go to OBI FORUM

for more info

Thanks OP, I was waiting for this. I had already parked my number on Google Voice, and I was just waiting for a deal on this.

If free Google Voice ends, how would the other options (like Callcentric, Voip.ms, etc.) rate?

Google voice works ok, but if you want something more reliable you can go with a service like Callcentric or Voip.ms. Both those services will give you very cheap prices and very good reliability. I use my Obi100 with Voip.ms. My average phone bill is $3.40 ish per month, and I get e911.

This is da bomb!

does it support 911 calls? - would anyone know how OBI110 is different than OBI100? - thx

bluejem said:   does it support 911 calls? ... thx

911 service is $1 per month

Thanks FatWallet effect. We can count on Free Google voice finally going down at the end of this year.

In for 1 . There seem to be ample cheap companies to keep prices low, even if Google starts charging at some point.

Seems like a good product (I've actually been eyeing it for a while). It's also available for the same price from Amazon.

If you want a different device, there are a few other devices with other options as well:
http://www.obihai.com/product-primer.html

And here I just last week bought the 202. :-/ But, I did want to use the bluetooth and wifi capability of that one, so it's all good. Ordering the 202 with the wifi and BT adapters on Amazon from Obihai got $10 off each the wifi and BT adapter price.

Hello,
If you are in travel, what do you connect to the OBI? Please help. Thanks a lot.

ForSpud said:   bluejem said:   does it support 911 calls? ... thx

911 service is $1 per month

Deleted.

nodochauninja said:   Hello,
If you are in travel, what do you connect to the OBI? Please help. Thanks a lot.

My 2 cent. When I travel, I bring my travel router (TP-Link, very small) and plug it into the RJ45 jack in the hotel room and then I use Skype on my phone to call home.

For me, it's too much trouble to bring the OBI and a landline phone for travelling. But this is just me.

siaopao said:   nodochauninja said:   Hello,

My 2 cent. When I travel, I bring my travel router (TP-Link, very small) and plug it into the RJ45 jack in the hotel room and then I use Skype on my phone to call home.

For me, it's too much trouble to bring the OBI and a landline phone for travelling. But this is just me.

Agreed. I did exactly that while in China last year. Worked really well.

Can you use an Obihai with Google Voice on just a land line? I picked one up a while ago but it didn't look like I could use it on just a single line without a cell line too.

This is VoIP adapter, working over broad band internet instead of (phone)land line.

TokiWartooth said:   Can you use an Obihai with Google Voice on just a land line? I picked one up a while ago but it didn't look like I could use it on just a single line without a cell line too.

I have this model. Works well with GV. I practically never use it but I wanted a land line for when I needed to reach my daughter or a sitter at the house.

Could it links more than one phone?

watssion said:   Could it links more than one phone?Yes. I have a splitter plugged into mine, with one side going into a corded phone and the other into a cordless. As long as you don't try to plug in several phones with physical bells, you could feed multiple phones with this.

d'oh. missed it. looks to be OOS

siaopao said:   nodochauninja said:   Hello,

You don't need to bring the obi hardware with you, they have the obion app which let you remotely access the obi.

I just used this Obi to send a fax using g.v. this morning. If it doesn't work it is due to your broadband connection, not the device.

Is there a way to get Caller ID w/Google Voice using this device or am I doing something wrong? I love this device though, I forgot I even used to pay for phone service.

deleted

gpthree said:   Is there a way to get Caller ID w/Google Voice using this device or am I doing something wrong? I love this device though, I forgot I even used to pay for phone service.

What is showing up on your Caller ID display? It should show the number but not the name of the caller. Your setting on Google Voice may need to be changed.

MitchFlorida said:   gpthree said:   Is there a way to get Caller ID w/Google Voice using this device or am I doing something wrong? I love this device though, I forgot I even used to pay for phone service.

What is showing up on your Caller ID display? It should show the number but not the name of the caller. Your setting on Google Voice may need to be changed.
Google Voice is a bridge service and does not provide the caller ID name (CNAM). There is more information, including a way to get the CNAM, here.

There is a tutorial for setting up free Caller Id on the OBi by adding a free Callcentric account. I wouldn't recommend the method linked above. If you want to use the method below completely free don't activate 911 through Callcentric although the fee for 911 is only $1.50 per month. Google Voice does not provide 911 so it's actually a good deal.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3640.msg24230#msg24...

------------

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014