• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate - FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2TB

Act fast–limited quantities available.

Learn about our backorder policy.

This external hard drive features a USB 3.0 interface for fast data transfer and a 2TB capacity that allows you to easily store photos, videos, important documents and more.

2TB maximum storage capacity
USB 3.0 interface compatible with USB 2.0
Streamlined design
Plug-and-play adapter for simple installation
NTFS for Mac driver for use with Mac and PC without reformatting

Member Summary

FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2TB External
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Tempted to pick one up...

ChinaRider (Apr. 21, 2013 @ 6:38p) |

Couldn't resist. Need one to backup all my media. Have always been scared to subject all my data into one drive but at t... (more)

laidbacklarkin (Apr. 21, 2013 @ 6:59p) |

Oh! well its OOS. I really wanted one. Gotta wait I guess.

tsanju (Apr. 21, 2013 @ 7:30p) |

4/18 - 18% Off sitewide w/Code: CLIMATE18
4/19 - 19% Off sitewide w/Code: FLORA19
4/20 - 20% Off sitewide with Code: FAUNA20
4/21 - 21% Off sitewide w/Code: OCEANS21
4/22 - 22% Off sitewide w/Code: EARTHDAY22
4/23 - 23% Off sitewide w/Code: RECYCLE23
4/24 - 24% Off sitewide w/Code: PROTECT24
4/25 - 25% Off sitewide w/Code: PLANET25

credit to ig1979
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not bad

Looks like you can only add 1 at a time. Just ordered a second for pickup locally.

A good opportunity.Thanks alot.

Interesting they include an ntfs driver for Mac use. Anyone have experience?? This is an occasional annoyance for me.

In for 1, but might be in for 2.... Does anyone know if this is USB or AC powered? I can't seem to find the info...

EDIT. just noticed the product title 'GoFlex Desk' so must be desktop

I've been trying to find the model number for this one. Does anyone know is this the one that you can plug a different hard drive into the base? There was one here the other day that looked similar that I was told you could remove the seagate HD and plug an internal in.

legirons said:   I've been trying to find the model number for this one. Does anyone know is this the one that you can plug a different hard drive into the base? There was one here the other day that looked similar that I was told you could remove the seagate HD and plug an internal in.

based on the review count and item name, this is STAC2000106, sku 3550901, which you can still buy for $119.99. and yes, it's the kind with the swappable bases (or you can just use the base as a "dock" for any 3.5" sata drive you have lying around).

reviews seem to indicate a fairly high level of failure, some seem to suspect the case ventilation (or lack thereof). me, i just want to know whether it's a barracuda or what in there, like 7200rpm or 5900/5400rpm. i remember reading something about there being a difference in the boxes with "windows 7 certified" logos versus the ones with windows 8 logos, but a quick googling turned up nothing, unfortunately. guess i'll have to check stores..

impasse said:   legirons said:   I've been trying to find the model number for this one. Does anyone know is this the one that you can plug a different hard drive into the base? There was one here the other day that looked similar that I was told you could remove the seagate HD and plug an internal in.

based on the review count and item name, this is STAC2000106, sku 3550901, which you can still buy for $119.99. and yes, it's the kind with the swappable bases (or you can just use the base as a "dock" for any 3.5" sata drive you have lying around).

reviews seem to indicate a fairly high level of failure, some seem to suspect the case ventilation (or lack thereof). me, i just want to know whether it's a barracuda or what in there, like 7200rpm or 5900/5400rpm. i remember reading something about there being a difference in the boxes with "windows 7 certified" logos versus the ones with windows 8 logos, but a quick googling turned up nothing, unfortunately. guess i'll have to check stores..

" Additional details from the diagnostic show the GoFlex Desk houses a SATA III 6Gbps 7200RPM 3.5" hard drive" per this guy's review on Amazon FWIW

in 4 two!

impasse said:   legirons said:   I've been trying to find the model number for this one. Does anyone know is this the one that you can plug a different hard drive into the base? There was one here the other day that looked similar that I was told you could remove the seagate HD and plug an internal in.

Well I ordered two, guess I'll keep one as a backup for when #1 fails I read they have a 2 year warranty. Going to hook it to a new macbook pro, will I be better off reformatting ? Course then I've bootcamped the mac because I really like PC better, but I traded air miles for the macbook so I guess I ought to wean myself off pc and learn MAC

I have been using this External harddrive for about a year and still going strong! I use it to store all my music for my DJ hobby and run music off of it during gigs. Flawless. Great price. I got mine for 99!

Grabbed one for 79.99+ 4.80 tax. Plan to scavenge the drive for my Xycel NSA325.

thanks

How easy it is to scavenge the drive?

miteshm said:   How easy it is to scavenge the drive?

Its just a standard SATA3 3.5" drive in the enclosure. Just Open, unplug and slap it in another PC or server. I would rather have the 2TB storage on a NAS that can be accessed throughout my home and using DLNA serving my movies to the TV than being tethered to a single device using USB.

Here's the tutorial how to remove the SATA drive from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN2ikVYBLK8

This deal is still available, and you can even use the CLIMATE18 coupon today to get 18% off (which makes it $65.59 + taxes). I just grabbed one. Thanks OP!

amdi8 said:   This deal is still available, and you can even use the CLIMATE18 coupon today to get 18% off (which makes it $65.59 + taxes). I just grabbed one. Thanks OP!

Thanks for coupon info....really sweet @ $0.033 per GB delivered.

Tacoma99 said:   amdi8 said:   This deal is still available, and you can even use the CLIMATE18 coupon today to get 18% off (which makes it $65.59 + taxes). I just grabbed one. Thanks OP!

Thanks for coupon info....really sweet @ $0.033 per GB delivered.

Yes, thanks for the code and OP for the deal. Placed two orders, hopefully they don't cancel.

I just ordered 2, too. I'm crossing my fingers they don't cancel them!

Oh yeah, i forgot to say thanks to the OP and amdi8 for the coupon code that made it a great deal... thanks guys!

I ordered 2 in different orders and both arrived. Seems like a good drive. Need to find a good usb 3.0 hub

4/18 - 18% Off sitewide w/Code: CLIMATE18
4/19 - 19% Off sitewide w/Code: FLORA19
4/20 - 20% Off sitewide with Code: FAUNA20
4/21 - 21% Off sitewide w/Code: OCEANS21
4/22 - 22% Off sitewide w/Code: EARTHDAY22
4/23 - 23% Off sitewide w/Code: RECYCLE23
4/24 - 24% Off sitewide w/Code: PROTECT24
4/25 - 25% Off sitewide w/Code: PLANET25

credit to ig1979

In for one using code CLIMATE18. About $71 out the door for a decent 2TB drive. I believe unit comes with a two-platter hard drive.

amdi8 said:   This deal is still available, and you can even use the CLIMATE18 coupon today to get 18% off (which makes it $65.59 + taxes). I just grabbed one. Thanks OP!awesome, here's the webpage, linky

awesome! Thanks.

Great... Thanks OP and amdi8.

FYI, there are no cash backs from any website when you place an order thru clearance.bestbuy.com. So don't waste time on that. I just learn that the hard way

N 4 1 hope it comes!!

12:02AM CST and FLORA19 now works

In 4-1 thanks OP!

Might buy another if they haven't sold out by 4-25
to get the 25% off.

wait a day, save a buck.... but how long till they run out!

Tacoma99 said:   Might buy another if they haven't sold out by 4-25
to get the 25% off.

I got my order from original OP but will return and rebuy a few times if need be I think it said 15 day return policy so I might get lucky to 24% off

Targus universal AC-DC adapter for laptops is only $9.99 if anyone has a use for one. 'Last chance', so probably in only very limited quantities. Today's 20% off code brings it down to ~$8
https://clearance.bestbuy.com/detail/targus-ac-dc-charger-for-mo...

Drive at $63.99 today with FAUNA20 20% off.

I can always use an extra AC/DC adapter for $8 with free shipping. Thanks for the heads up. I have also have one drive on the way. Green for OP.

Thanks OP!!! In for 1!!

Who has used this drive? I want a word to two about its reliability.

rockymast said:   Who has used this drive? I want a word to two about its reliability.I guess you don't read earlier posts?

In for 1, OCEANS21 code worked just fine. Thanks OP!

Yes, just ordered 1 with OCEANS21, the higher discounts weren't working

Skipping 11 Messages...
Oh! well its OOS. I really wanted one. Gotta wait I guess.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014