• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
GoPro HERO Naked HD.

Special Offer of Free 8x8 Photo Book from Shutter Fly. Please check if it qualifies.

What's Included
•GoPro HERO Naked HD Flash Memory Camcorder
•Rechargeable 1100 mAh lithium-ion battery
•Curved, 3M adhesive mount
•Waterproof quick-release housing
•USB cable, component cable, A/V cable
•Owner's manual

BB GoPro

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

GoPro HERO Naked HD
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$129.99 on the GoPro site, too.

I have a $100 GC from BB and have been waiting on a deal for a Hero 3 Black; however, I'll never use the wi-fi features and much of the rest, so wondering if these first edition 'naked HD' versions are adequate? The specs show "1080p: 1920x1080 True HD featuring a 127º angle of view, 30 fps, and 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio."

edit: No longer available on GoPro site.

I have the GoPro 3 silver wifi. The app for my Android phone is fantastic in which you can view what you are shooting (albeit about a 2 second delay). Without it, you may need a camera back to see exactly the positioning of the camera. You can control all the camera function via the app. ie, change resolution, start and stop shooting, change from video to camera mode, turn on and off the camera (albeit wifi is still sucking up battery) etc. Only thing it cannot do is playback your recorded videos/images. I would say spend another $100 and get a version 3.

neverl8 said:   I have the GoPro 3 silver wifi. The app for my Android phone is fantastic in which you can view what you are shooting (albeit about a 2 second delay). Without it, you may need a camera back to see exactly the positioning of the camera. You can control all the camera function via the app. ie, change resolution, start and stop shooting, change from video to camera mode, turn on and off the camera (albeit wifi is still sucking up battery) etc. Only thing it cannot do is playback your recorded videos/images. I would say spend another $100 and get a version 3.

You mean another $170-$270 (), but yea, I can appreciate those features...and the smaller size, less weight, and other improvements over the years.

Terp said:   You mean another $170-$270 (), but yea, I can appreciate those features...and the smaller size, less weight, and other improvements over the years.

There are many sales on the GoPro 3 on this forum listing. I bought my brand new retail box for $240, so only about $100 more than $129.99+tax OP price. I don't remember who, but it was a 20% off deal.

Funny - it's showing $29.99 now but no shipping available and it's not available anywhere locally. I'd buy a bunch at that price!

mrstangblb said:   Funny - it's showing $29.99 now but no shipping available and it's not available anywhere locally. I'd buy a bunch at that price!

Same here, not available any zip I tried.

mrstangblb said:   Funny - it's showing $29.99 now but no shipping available and it's not available anywhere locally. I'd buy a bunch at that price!

Yeah... Very true... shows me $29.00 but no shipping. No where available near my state in Northeast!!!

Good deal!!!its waterproof.thanks for the share...

Good deal!!!its waterproof.thanks for the share...

The biggest key difference between the silver and black, besides the myriad of issues the black is plagued with at the moment, are 1080p at 60fps and 720p at 120fps with the black where the silver is only 30fps at 1080p and 60fps at 720p. IMHO, if you are good at NLE's and post editing then holy shit batman, 720p at 120fps played back at 30fps speed envelope is wicked smooth slow motion! The wireless and remote are just thrills/bells/whistles for the black...I'm not touching a black until they release a stable unit (battery and power up issues).

LexTalionis said:    The wireless and remote are just thrills/bells/whistles for the black...I'm not touching a black until they release a stable unit (battery and power up issues).Not even good bells. I just returned my Black thanks to constant failures of the remote and/or my Android to sync. Or they would sync up until the point I was actually trying to use te thing, then they couldn't connect.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014