• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Now through May 5th, Olive Garden is bringing back the buy one take one deal. They have 5 entrees to choose from + soup or salad AND you order a second entree from the list. They'll bring it out at the end of dinner with reheating instructions, all for $12.95. In the past, both what you got that night and what you got in the nice doggy bag were full size portions, even though some of the entrees were more than $12.95 without the deal.

Link

Disclaimer: I searched and didn't see this one on the forums, but it is similar to a deal from a few months back.

Member Summary

Buy one take one $12.95 (182.61kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

crhptic (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 11:23p) |

Do you get breadsticks and such in the double to go?

Krazen1211 (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 9:08a) |

As I recall, not directly - As in they don't say "here is your togo and here is your breadsticks togo". But if you "wor... (more)

toenailsmasher (Apr. 12, 2013 @ 9:29a) |

BOTO!!!

Extra Water included for the huge amount of sodium & extremity swelling reduction.

Hmmm, wonder if they will let you just make it a BOGO if there are 2 of you at the table... ?

Mulox said:   Hmmm, wonder if they will let you just make it a BOGO if there are 2 of you at the table... ?

Negative - As noted....

AND you order a second entree from the list. They'll bring it out at the end of dinner with reheating instructions

If they did that would be a kickass deal.

All carbs.....zero meat! $12.95?? I can make the same for around $1.49....INCLUDING SAUCE! Ridiculous!

toenailsmasher said:   If they did that would be a kickass deal.

From what everybody told me about their food (and I'm definitely not going to try it myself after those reviews), nothing they could do, other than stop serving horrible bastardised pseudo-italian food, could be any sort of a deal.

I am curious, what those 5 entrees (to choose) are...

The 5 entree choices are shown in the link OP included in the first post

maybe very good

funkypost said:   All carbs.....zero meat! $12.95?? I can make the same for around $1.49....INCLUDING SAUCE! Ridiculous!

Actually there are two dinners with protein - one with chicken, one with meat sauce.

These 5 entrees are much smaller than normal entrees. We tried it last Fall and were disappointed.

Yes, they are smaller and very little sauce. But... The deal is $1 (i think) more than just the entree by itself.

i like their soups and salad more than their entrees, so portion size doesn't concern me too much with the pastas. and the take home could be my next day's lunch.

Green for the OP. I think I may try it this week.

polishdreamer said:   Extra Water included for the huge amount of sodium & extremity swelling reduction.

One free water pill, a generic diuretic.

Two chewable baby aspirin to munch on when you experience chest pain.

EradicateSpam said:   These 5 entrees are much smaller than normal entrees. We tried it last Fall and were disappointed.

Kind of remind me of those "Over 55 special menu" at Bob Evans which are all smaller in size.

BOTO is so odd to me, they are going to give you an extra portion but you can't eat it there?

cyiwin said:   BOTO is so odd to me, they are going to give you an extra portion but you can't eat it there?

I would wager that they're putting the left overs in doggie bags at the end of the day and storing them in their fridge. Then the next day, you get their left overs to go. Absolutely nothing wrong with left overs. If this is what they're doing, it's actually kind of brilliant. Not saying this is what they're doing, this is pure conjecture on my part. I don't think I've eaten at an OG since the 90s, seeing that it's more expensive and not nearly as good as the mom and pop Italian joints around town.

Maggiano's has had this type of offer ongoing for years now on all of their classic pastas. They have like 10-12 classic pasta choices for around the same price I think and probably taste much better. Olive Garden is doing some copycat competition.

cyiwin said:   BOTO is so odd to me, they are going to give you an extra portion but you can't eat it there?

It just means your wife/gf can eat theirs in the car after you finish.

russellt said:   cyiwin said:   BOTO is so odd to me, they are going to give you an extra portion but you can't eat it there?

Unless you're still hungry. In that case she just don't get to eat that night. Kind of like John Goodman's kids.

russellt said:   cyiwin said:   BOTO is so odd to me, they are going to give you an extra portion but you can't eat it there?
Or if you go out with yout gf, you can bring the extra meal home to your wife!

Or just take it to work for lunch the next day. That's what I would do with leftovers, anyway.

billrubin said:   russellt said:   cyiwin said:   BOTO is so odd to me, they are going to give you an extra portion but you can't eat it there?

Or just take it to work for lunch the next day. That's what I would do with leftovers, anyway.

Or both of you can share the one entree. After they bring out the to-go box, open it and eat at the table. They can't kick you out, right?

freejunkmail said:   billrubin said:   russellt said:   cyiwin said:   BOTO is so odd to me, they are going to give you an extra portion but you can't eat it there?

Or both of you can share the one entree. After they bring out the to-go box, open it and eat at the table. They can't kick you out, right?

The 2nd entree is frozen.

I like their soups and salad for lunch... Dinner not so much

Paninis are good too

They are piloting the Maggiano's Italian Restaurant concept...if its a floats , they might keep it going for ever...

Krazen1211 said:   The 2nd entree is frozen.The first entree was probably frozen to begin with, too.

Think they'd let you 'take two' instead? (ie. pack the first to-go also, either fresh to eat at home like regular to-go, or frozen like the 2nd)

Someone gave us a gift card last year so we tried it out. The food was so salty that I couldn't finish my dinner. Too much butter and cheese too. Horrible food!

Danzilla said:   Think they'd let you 'take two' instead? (ie. pack the first to-go also, either fresh to eat at home like regular to-go, or frozen like the 2nd)

Yes - see their FAQ

Is this offer available To Go?
Yes, Buy One, Take One is available To Go.

Do you get breadsticks and such in the double to go?

Krazen1211 said:   Do you get breadsticks and such in the double to go?

As I recall, not directly - As in they don't say "here is your togo and here is your breadsticks togo". But if you "work it" right and order another order of breadsticks right before you say "WOW I AM FULL, Guess you can bring out my check and the togo order... Oh no these extra breadsticks, I'll take them with, can you bring a togo box/bag"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014