• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Apple TV
Disclaimer
http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/the-new-apple-...

$84.99 after 15% saving applied at checkout.

Offer available online only. Save 15% on your purchase of qualifying portable electronics accessories. Discount applied at checkout. Discount not applicable to gift wrap, tax, or shipping and handling charges. May not be applied to previous orders. Offer expires 4/17/2013 at 11:59pm ET.

Save an extra 5% with your target credit card.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yes. Bummer, as I'd decided to pick one up.

slickdeal45 (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 5:22p) |

Deal seems to be gone. I get to checkout and it's still $99. I thought this was supposed to be valid till 4/17?

shelyn (Apr. 14, 2013 @ 10:19p) |

Target ended the deal early. This post was moved to the expired deals forum.

kmthieding (Apr. 14, 2013 @ 10:41p) |

Shipping starts as low as $4.98

Free shipping with the RED Target credit card.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While not a bad deal, I would shy away from it unless you NEED an Apple TV now. For a while you've been able to get Apple Refurbished ones of these for this price and IMO Apple refurbs are as-good-as new. Coupled with the fact that an updated Apple TV is likely due out soon, I'm not pulling the trigger.

I got one as a gift for Christmas. If you're a baseball fan, an AppleTV paired with a subscription to MLB.tv lets you watch every out of market game.

jm92 said:   While not a bad deal, I would shy away from it unless you NEED an Apple TV now. For a while you've been able to get Apple Refurbished ones of these for this price and IMO Apple refurbs are as-good-as new. Coupled with the fact that an updated Apple TV is likely due out soon, I'm not pulling the trigger.

Given that they just did a silent update on this a month or so ago, there won't be a new ATV for months.

dienliv said:   I got one as a gift for Christmas. If you're a baseball fan, an AppleTV paired with a subscription to MLB.tv lets you watch every out of market game.

Roku does the same thing, only better.

SecondGunman said:   dienliv said:   I got one as a gift for Christmas. If you're a baseball fan, an AppleTV paired with a subscription to MLB.tv lets you watch every out of market game.

Roku does the same thing, only better.

The value of the Apple TV depends on how entrenched you are in the apple ecosystem. i love being able to play iTunes movies on it (actually my kids love it). I even send mine with the grandparents so they have access (via my account) to our movies. Coupled with everyone I have on my Mac, it's hard to beat. Especially at ~$100. Also the airplay feature if you have a Mac or an iPhone/iPod/iPad is also pretty handy.

The mlb.tv app is just a bonus!

Thanks Oppie!

I love my Apple TV. I cannot understand why everyone doesn't get one. If you have other iDevices, it's a no-brainer.

Just tonight, my wife and I were watching HBO's Deadwood, streamed from my iPhone to the Apple TV in 720 HD using AirPlay. Not great HD, but not bad either. And considering that the only other way to watch Deadwood, would be to buy it or rent it, I was pretty happy. (The HBO Play App content is free if you're an HBO subscriber. Any other HBO series/movie can be streamed the same way.)

I also have several devices that have Netflix. But, I think the Apple TV is the best application of it.

The kids love the Apple TV because they connect their iPod/iPhones and play music through sound system.

The only shortcoming is that you cannot connect Amazon's streaming service, unless you jailbreak your phone or Apple TV - which I haven't done. But, I may just buy another Apple TV for that purpose. It's a great price.

If you're a user of Apple products, go for it. You'll be happy you did.

jm92 said:   While not a bad deal, I would shy away from it unless you NEED an Apple TV now. For a while you've been able to get Apple Refurbished ones of these for this price and IMO Apple refurbs are as-good-as new. Coupled with the fact that an updated Apple TV is likely due out soon, I'm not pulling the trigger.

I didn't know about that silent update! I've actually been somewhat keeping up on these as I'm kind-of in the market. Last I heard there was speculation of an updated one being announced when a new iPad is announced. The more you know!

The Apple TV value to me is being able to install PLEX on it. Since I cannot do this on a V3 Apple TV it has no value to me.

EricHale said:   Thanks Oppie!

I love my Apple TV. I cannot understand why everyone doesn't get one. If you have other iDevices, it's a no-brainer.

Just tonight, my wife and I were watching HBO's Deadwood, streamed from my iPhone to the Apple TV in 720 HD using AirPlay. Not great HD, but not bad either. And considering that the only other way to watch Deadwood, would be to buy it or rent it, I was pretty happy. (The HBO Play App content is free if you're an HBO subscriber. Any other HBO series/movie can be streamed the same way.)

I also have several devices that have Netflix. But, I think the Apple TV is the best application of it.

The kids love the Apple TV because they connect their iPod/iPhones and play music through sound system.

The only shortcoming is that you cannot connect Amazon's streaming service, unless you jailbreak your phone or Apple TV - which I haven't done. But, I may just buy another Apple TV for that purpose. It's a great price.

If you're a user of Apple products, go for it. You'll be happy you did.

Sorry to get off topic, but isn't Deadwood awesome?! I just finished with the complete series. I think it's the best tv show I've ever watched. I actually streamed it through my dish network box when I had a free preview of HBO.

Good price. If you have an iPhone or an iPad (I have the mini), you should get it. Airplay is ridiculously simple to use and works VERY well.

If you don't have any other Apple products, then get something like Roku. Airplay is the reason Apple TV is worth the money.

How much is shipping??

New Roku 3 is pretty awesome, but this is a good price for the Apple TV. Hard to find on sale.
Reviews look good just like the Roku 3
Apple TV reviews http://huludeals.com/the-new-apple-tv/

I am guessing this version still hasn't been jail-broken yet....?

ilike2eattacos said:   How much is shipping??

If only there was some way to figure that out...

ilike2eattacos said:   How much is shipping??

Shipping and handling: $4.98

I had a first generation Roku, I now have an LG Bluray player ( BP 325W) that has wireless capability and an Apple TV third generation. I really only use them to stream Netflix. The Apple TV is by far the best at holding the wireless signal and it also almost never stops to buffer the content. My wireless is not a dual band model, not sure if that would improve signal holding ability of non Apple TV devices. I also have a Logitech Revue that is connected by Ethernet cable. Regardless of what people say about the Revue, it works well for me.

not a huge fan for apple products. But I have to admit that Apple TV does have its pros. Even though you cannot jailbreak ATV3 yet, you still can do quite a bit if you know how to hijack the DNS. It can play certain files from your local NAS hard drives once you know your way around how to manipulate the DNS settings...

Thanks! Got one using Target Card (with additional 5% discount and free shipping) + 7% Upromise.

slickdeal45 said:   
Given that they just did a silent update on this a month or so ago, there won't be a new ATV for months.

Was it a hardware or software update? I thought it was software (iOS 5.2.1). I am hoping for hardware update specifically better processor and more RAM in the next generation. These would allow running of certain apps natively instead of AirPlay like ABC, NBC, etc (unless these already exist).

pukkadmaal said:   slickdeal45 said:   

Was it a hardware or software update? I thought it was software (iOS 5.2.1). I am hoping for hardware update specifically better processor and more RAM in the next generation. These would allow running of certain apps natively instead of AirPlay like ABC, NBC, etc (unless these already exist).

I love my appleTV, but the biggest limitation is that it doesn't let you add apps. So I don't see why you would need better processor and RAM since there aren't really channels like ABC, NBC or apps for that matter. As it is, both Netflix and Hulu work exceptionally well. The update was a soft update. It also now supports apple bluetooth keyboard (which even though i Have, I hardly use)

pukkadmaal said:   Was it a hardware or software update? I thought it was software (iOS 5.2.1). I am hoping for hardware update specifically better processor and more RAM in the next generation. These would allow running of certain apps natively instead of AirPlay like ABC, NBC, etc (unless these already exist).
Hardware!
Read comparison here http://www.anandtech.com/show/6834/apple-tv-2013-a1469-short-rev... - also model number is there.

Isn't the MLB ticket somewhere in the neighborhood of $200?

EnTerr said:   
Hardware!
Read comparison here http://www.anandtech.com/show/6834/apple-tv-2013-a1469-short-rev... - also model number is there.

Very good and detailed info!

dpid said:    So I don't see why you would need better processor and RAM since there aren't really channels like ABC, NBC or apps for that matter. As it is, both Netflix and Hulu work exceptionally well.

I am not sure if Netflix and Hulu support 1080p but ABC and NBC apps do. Since it is 1080p, ATV needs more RAM to hold high-def content and processing power for jitter free.

VirginiaDC said:   Isn't the MLB ticket somewhere in the neighborhood of $200?

$129.99 for MLB.TV Premium. DirecTV and Comcast want about $200 for it. The advantage to MLB.TV is that you can watch everything also on mobile devices. DirecTV gives you that channel that shows 8 games at the same time, and you can watch it in any room with a set top box or Genie, but for $70 more.

pukkadmaal said:   dpid said:    So I don't see why you would need better processor and RAM since there aren't really channels like ABC, NBC or apps for that matter. As it is, both Netflix and Hulu work exceptionally well.

I am not sure if Netflix and Hulu support 1080p but ABC and NBC apps do. Since it is 1080p, ATV needs more RAM to hold high-def content and processing power for jitter free.

iTunes and Netflix has 1080p content for AppleTV, and you can play self-created 1080p thru Home Sharing.

good deal.I used a 20 off 100 Staples coupon to buy this apple tv from Staples online for $80. also used my rewards.

Would like to know how I could edit the DNS settings to play personal media on one of these puppies.

dienliv said:   VirginiaDC said:   Isn't the MLB ticket somewhere in the neighborhood of $200?

$129.99 for MLB.TV Premium. DirecTV and Comcast want about $200 for it. The advantage to MLB.TV is that you can watch everything also on mobile devices. DirecTV gives you that channel that shows 8 games at the same time, and you can watch it in any room with a set top box or Genie, but for $70 more.

I'll stick with watching baseball over the internet for free. Quality isn't as good but not as important as hockey where it's hard to see the puck. I'm a Pirates fan so no need to waste money.

I try to check out the unit but the discount did not apply, I see full price. Is this deal over?

ponpon9 said:   I try to check out the unit but the discount did not apply, I see full price. Is this deal over?

Yes. Bummer, as I'd decided to pick one up.

Deal seems to be gone. I get to checkout and it's still $99. I thought this was supposed to be valid till 4/17?

Target ended the deal early. This post was moved to the expired deals forum.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014