• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4G MP3 Portable Player for $29.99 + free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855125172

Enter promo code EMCXSWW58 to receive -$20 discount
Brand new. (not refurb)
Expandable memory with built-in MircroSDHC slot.

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sansa Clip Zip 4G
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Although I don't own a Clip Zip, I have two clip pluses, and they're great. You can put Rockbox on it and add to the versatility. Here's some differences I found between the clip + and clip zip I found in the sansa forums.
"Of course, the biggest change: the Zip has a larger screen and will display album art. Unfortunately, it doesn't show on the main screen certain track playing information (e.g. elapsed time and track number in an album, present with the Clip+) , apart from the track progress bar.
The Zip is also a bit hardier than the earleir players (especially, the Clip). And it will handle mainstay aac files.
Some other additions with the Zip: time-of-day indication; "sports mode" with timer and lap time; fast alphabet scrolling in lists; menu customizability; an enhanced contemporary feel; an improved microSD card fit; and an improved EQ." Plus, that red is a snazzy color!
I'd like to get another ipod classic, but at Sansa sale prices, I have a hard time justifying it.

My Sansa Express croaked, so I need another Sansa. N41, green.

Does the larger color screen lead to a weaker battery life than in the clip plus?

According to CNET review,

"We're also happy to see that the Clip Zip's rated battery life holds to the 15-hour mark set by the Clip+, in spite of the larger, color screen."

See for your self

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014